There are 246 users in the forums

The Kings are for sale

Staples Center and Los Angeles Kings put up for sale

By Walter Hamilton, Los Angeles Times

LOS ANGELES -- The company that owns the Staples Center and the Los Angeles Kings announced late Tuesday it is being put up for sale, sparking a potential billion-dollar bidding war for some of the sports and entertainment world's glitziest properties.The Anschutz Co., run by Denver billionaire Philip Anschutz, said it is seeking a buyer for its AEG subsidiary, which also has stakes in the L.A. Live entertainment venue in downtown Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Kings professional hockey team and the Los Angeles Galaxy pro soccer team.It's unclear how far along the process is or whether any likely buyers have emerged.If a deal goes through, it would mark the second blockbuster sports transaction in Southern California this year, following the $2.15-billion purchase of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team by Guggenheim Baseball Management. That was a world-record price for a sports franchise."Given the success of the management team and employees in establishing AEG as one of the premier real estate development, live sports and entertainment platforms in the world, as well as the value AEG has created with the strategic assets that comprise its platform, this is an appropriate time to transition AEG to a new qualified owner," said Cannon Y. Harvey, Anschutz Co. president.The AEG unit is pursuing plans to build a professional football stadium next to the Staples Center in hopes that it would serve as the future home of an NFL team.

Who's gonna buy the Kings
lol, i thought it was sac town kings
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
lol, i thought it was sac town kings

The Maloof's are gonna buy the LA Kings, now they will have both Kings teams
You mother f**ker. I almost had a heart attack/ raging boner as I read this title.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Whens a better time to sell than after a championship?

Not a bad move.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
You mother f**ker. I almost had a heart attack/ raging boner as I read this title.

I was very happy, now very sad
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Whens a better time to sell than after a championship?

Not a bad move.

a better time to sell will be when NHL is not in a lockout
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

This! Dick move/10.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

This! Dick move/10.

He should get banned and/or beat up for this.
Originally posted by sacniner:

This! Dick move/10.

Agreed.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Wow not a sac kings fan I got pretty happy for a few seconds
Then I realized it was about a team in a sport that no one cares about
Originally posted by sacniner:

This! Dick move/10.

Agreed.

He's technically wasn't lying. The kings are for sale.
I hate you. NHL talk really should go somewhere else since it isn't even a real sport.
ill buy it. but i hate hockey
Share 49ersWebzone