LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

KG 3 year, 34 mil to stay with Boston.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Not even remotely surprised that Hibbert was offered the max.

I knew the shorter contracts would help GM's and teams more easily rationalize stupid contracts.
[ Edited by crzy on Jul 1, 2012 at 7:04 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Rockets Reportedly Ready To Offer Omer Asik $8 Million Per Year
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
That will be an excellent pickup for Lakers - do you think he will make it through waivers? I can't remember but did Billups went through it and Clippers made a bid for him...? I'm not really sure how it works...

I don't think he'd make it through waivers. Every team that's under the salary cap would be eligible to make a bid on him, and he'd go to the highest bidder.

Dunno why I'm shocked every year by the contracts, but Hibbert getting offered the max is so ridiculous. I don't know why teams participate in FA the way that they do. Unless you're getting a superstar, it's a losing game. Pretty much a 100% that whomever signs Hibbert...who I like...to a max deal ends up regretting it.

Yea, I'm a little surprised that Hibbert is getting a max contract. But - if Blazers get him and resign Batum - that front court is stacked. They added a PG and C in the first 12 picks in the draft (I really liked the Lillard pick). Wesley Mathews is a decent SG as well. They needed to get Aldridge some help and Hibbert will be a HUGE upgrade. All of a sudden - Blazers look like a pretty decent team.

...and most importantly, they still got the amazing Kurt Thomas off the bench (sorry, couldn't resist).
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jul 1, 2012 at 7:45 AM ]
Gerald Wallace resigned with the Nets
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Yea, I'm a little surprised that Hibbert is getting a max contract. But - if Blazers get him and resign Batum - that front court is stacked. They added a PG and C in the first 12 picks in the draft (I really liked the Lillard pick). Wesley Mathews is a decent SG as well. They needed to get Aldridge some help and Hibbert will be a HUGE upgrade. All of a sudden - Blazers look like a pretty decent team.

...and most importantly, they still got the amazing Kurt Thomas off the bench (sorry, couldn't resist).

D12 is exploring legal options to try to nullify his opt-in clause and become a FA this summer instead of next. What a gigantic turd.

If true I root for a career ending injury soon as he goes.. biggest dick move in history ... Makes the decision look smart
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
ESPN NBA - Nets reach verbal agreement on 4-year, $40M deal with Gerald Wallace, sources tell ESPN.com
NBA Player Association may take action for a arbitrator to get Dwight as a FA. He says he was "black mailed". He agreed to opt-in, and now is being a big cry baby.
Ken Berger @KBergCBS

While we're on the topic, league sources say free-agent PG Goran Dragic also is looking for a deal that starts in the $10M range.

WOW, one good season, and was a partial season and now he wants 10M range.

It sure sucks having a s**tty franchise owned by s**tty owners.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by crzy:
D12 is exploring legal options to try to nullify his opt-in clause and become a FA this summer instead of next. What a gigantic turd.

He is the stupidest motherf**ker on the planet.

Why even go through the pretenses and opt-in in the first place.

I sincerely hate Dwight Howard. I'm glad everyone know sees what a joke he is.

Dwight on March 15, 2012

Quote:
"I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city," he said. "They didn't deserve none of this."

Quote:

"I'm too loyal," Howard said. "I've always believed loyalty is above everything."

Quote:

"Man, listen, you know my heart, my soul and everything I have is in Orlando," Howard told RealGM. "I just can't leave it behind."

Quote:
I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I will do whatever I can to make this right and do what I was put in Orlando to do."

Quote:
"This has been a very hard time," Howard said. "For me, my family and all of us. The fans deserve a better hero and I will make that happen. I love and appreciate my fans and this city."

The Magic fans are already tired of him.

I'm definitely sick of this f**k stick. Make up your mind. Jesus. Never thought I'd want Orlando to trade him but please GTFO.
Chris Paul turned down Clippers offer of 3 yr $60 million

Raptors offered Nash $12 million a year for multiple years
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
"@WojYahooNBA: Nets, Hawks could reach a decision on possible Joe Johnson deal today, sources tell Y! If trade doesn't happen, Nets will push for OJ Mayo."
Share 49ersWebzone