***Chelsea FC x FC Bayern München UEFA Champions League Final***

• NickV
  • Veteran
vs

Who: Chelsea FC x FC Bayern München
What: UEFA Champions League Final
When: 5/19/12 FOX. Time: TBA
Where: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany

I wanted to start this thread a couple days early to get the non soccer viewers a little background info on the two teams playing. Alot of the reasons why people dont usual watch soccer is because they feel the game is boring or too slow a pace.

Well you shouldn't get that in this match. This game, every year, is the single most watched sporting event in the world.

How did they get here?

Chelsea FC:

They finished first in their group, but had a very lackluster tournament outside of a 5-0 smashing of group minnows Genk of the Norwegian league. Their season turned around after they fireded young up and coming coach Andre Villas Boas in favor of former Chelsea player Roberto Di Matteo.

Their best match in the tournament came when they turned around a 3-1 aggregate deficit against Napoli of Italy.

Bayern Munich:

Bayern steam rolled through their group by winning all but one match in which they drew 1-1. As they progressed the results started to become even more convincing including a 7-0 humbling against FC Basel of switserland. Playing with the motivation of having the final in their own stadium was growing each week, with their confidence at an all time high they eliminated tournament favorites Real Madrid in penalties after the score was tied after regular and extra time.

Who to watch:

Chelsea

Didier Drogba
Riding on his red hot form, Drogba has put Chelsea on his back since the firing of Andre Villas Boas including what would be a goal against the run of play vs FC Barcelona

Bayern Munich

Ajren Robben
This was a tough one for me to pick since Bayern is STACKED. But the vast majority of game changing play making ability runs through the Dutchmen. He is only behind the great Leonel Messi for the best left foot in soccer.

Prediction?
Im personally thinking that Bayern will win this match by at least 2 or 3 goals. Due to having too many yellow cards in the semi finals, Chelsea will be without 4 of their regular starters in the final.

Bayern Munich- 3
Gomez 2 goals
Ribery 1

Chelsea -1
Drogba 1 goal

Hope this opening post educated some of you who are considering on watching the game. I promise that you are in for a big spectacle.
[ Edited by NickV on May 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM ]
<---Hard as a Gooner to root for Chel$ki, but I suppose its the lesser of two evils if it'll knock spuds outta CL next season
i am really rooting for bayern to win this. but just to mention it, they also are missing three starters due to yellow cards, all defensive players. this should give CFC some opportunities, especially over their own right wing (unless bayern decides to move lahm to the left). i think chances are pretty even for this one, maybe a small edge for bayern as they have the more balanced attack in my opinion and they play at home.
That's tomorrow huh? Shows how much I stopped caring :P

Will watch doe.. maybe.
I only started watching football during the 2010 World Cup but been hooked ever since. Excited for the game 2mo very helpful thread

Two Pints on Chelsea!

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
<---Hard as a Gooner to root for Chel$ki, but I suppose its the lesser of two evils if it'll knock spuds outta CL next season

Lol

Gunners fan I'm assuming??
what channel !?! direct tv ... thanks !
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersSince85:

Your local Fox channel

Allll bayern at the moment
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Mario Gomez is pulling off a incredible choke job right now.
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by 9ersSince85:

Your local Fox channel

Allll bayern at the moment

thanks ...

Go Bayern!

I'll be damned if Chelsea knocks Tottenham out of Champions League
DAMN YOU DROGBA!!!!!!

Great goal, but dammit...
Chelsea is gonna win. It's drogbas destiny
Originally posted by babyshaq90:
Chelsea is gonna win. It's drogbas destiny

He's the ONLY reason I'd be not as mad, but still don't want Tottenham bumped down to Europa after fighting so hard for champions
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Talk about pulling the rabbit outta the hat! Good lord almighty chelsea won't die. They are riding that incredible wave of luck to the title. Its gotta be their destiny. Too many things have gone their way since avb has been fired.
Share 49ersWebzone