LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Rich Aurilia was just on Sacramento radio and he flat out suggested we go get someone like Josh Willingham if he's available and also thinks we will probably get a bullpen arm in a trade as well.
Originally posted by Niners99:
If we can package him like Tommy Joseph and get an impact bat again then go for it. But, with how terrible our backup catching has been lately, you almost want to see him make it up.

I do think Susac will have a successful career as a high end back up to a low-mid starter at the catcher position. Let me put this way, I think he will have a higher ceiling then Hector Sanchez. Like you I'm on board on trading him if we can get a long term solution at a position like LF
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Muggins:
What's this guy up to these days?

he took the Giants' juju with him and is chilling

I want to see how big his beard is now. Thats the main reason I want the Giants to sign him back. lol

Plus our pen blows. We could use a good setup guy like him. Its just going to be hard to lure him away from a team willing to give him a closer job with corresponding pay.

I went up an elevator with him a few months ago in LA, his beard was relatively the same length sadly.
Scutaro playing tonight! All thanks to Posey!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Did he massage Scuts finger?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Did he massage Scuts finger?

He is gods son bro. Duh
CWS is on ESPN2 right now: UCLA vs NC State (scoreless after 2 innings). Pitching for UCLA is Giants' 6th round pick Nick Vander Tuig.
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Jun 18, 2013 at 5:54 PM ]
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
CWS is on ESPN2 right now: UCLA vs NC State (scoreless after 2 innings). Pitching for UCLA is Giants' 6th round pick Nick Vander Tuig.

Marginal stuff. Topping out at 89 and not real impressed with his secondary pitches. I dont see him as a big time prospect.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Marginal stuff. Topping out at 89 and not real impressed with his secondary pitches. I dont see him as a big time prospect.

He looks skinny. Not sure how much velocity he could add with more muscle. Also some injury risk as he had Tommy John surgery in 2009.
The Giants have signed half of their recent Draft Class.

Article: http://www.csnbayarea.com/giants/giants-officially-ink-top-pick-arroyo-19-others

List: http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/team/draft.jsp?c_id=sf

Another great throw from Perez, nice!
BIG 2 out hit by Blanco
And the bullpen f**ks it up AGAIN.
MOTHERf**k OUR BULLPEN
Thanks, San Jose
Share 49ersWebzone