LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
lol @ "Hunter Pence Overrated"
although that may be true.... how bout a little more than just that statement?

I think that sums it up pretty well. LOL. Maybe he should have said.. if you are counting on Hunter Pence to be in a 3-4-5 hitter in your lineup you better get some amazing damn pitching.
Lol...I seem to remember you telling me that Pence was better than Beltran back when we traded Wheeler. In fact, I think both you and 99 said (after the trade) that if we were going to trade Wheeler, Pence would have been the better choice.

That's not to say you favored trading Wheeler for either one (which I know you didn't), but your opinion of Pence seems to have changed drastically based on the short time he's been with us.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I think that sums it up pretty well. LOL. Maybe he should have said.. if you are counting on Hunter Pence to be in a 3-4-5 hitter in your lineup you better get some amazing damn pitching.

lulz

if pence was on the phillies people would call him under-rated and the forgotten bat

ESPN does not like the giants, could have swore there was an article on espn saying that a giants WS win is bad for baseball. A's are getting love because of a damn movie.
Lol that is exactly what ESPN would do.
[ Edited by dcsham on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:46 PM ]
Pence will hit .280 with 24 HRs and 90 RBIs next year.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

I will take that with solid D and good baserunning. Also a very good teammate.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Hell yeah I would take that.
Thats allstar #'s.

I don't think he will hit .280 more so around .260 - .270 range... but all hyperbole obviously.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

And a contract year if I'm not mistaken.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Casilla three-year deal with #SFGiants is for $15M. One arb year, two free-agent years, vesting option.
Surprised. Casilla was catching a lot of flak - wasn't he?
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Dec 17, 2012 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Casilla three-year deal with #SFGiants is for $15M. One arb year, two free-agent years, vesting option.

its official

goodbye B.Weezy
Originally posted by dcsham:

Lol...I seem to remember you telling me that Pence was better than Beltran back when we traded Wheeler. In fact, I think both you and 99 said (after the trade) that if we were going to trade Wheeler, Pence would have been the better choice.

That's not to say you favored trading Wheeler for either one (which I know you didn't), but your opinion of Pence seems to have changed drastically based on the short time he's been with us.

You are right. My opinion of him has changed because I got the chance to watch him play every game. Before, I had just seen him sparingly. I preferred Pence over Beltran at the time for one reason.... that Beltran was a pure rental and there was no compensation that would come with him when he left. Seems pretty logical to me.

Pence is not a great player at all. Hopefully he will be good. I would gladly take .275 20 90 but I wouldnt bet on it.

Originally posted by Jcool:
<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div> Ken Rosenthal &#8207;@Ken_Rosenthal

Another 3 year deal for a RP...
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:08 PM ]

He's trash. LOL I kid I kid. . That is just reserved for the NBA Western Conference Player of the Week.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Another 3 year deal for a RP...

solid investment i think...
Need a bat. Someone with the power to drive in 100 runs or more.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Need a bat. Someone with the power to drive in 100 runs or more.

we won't get him. Who is available in the FA market.

If you want someone like that in a trade, we will have to part ways with Brown and CRICK.
Share 49ersWebzone