LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 128 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by schmons:
if he signs with the dodgers, he's dead to me

Same...he could go to ANY other team and I would still be a fan of him...But if he goes to LA, I hope he breaks his elbow again

The thought of BW striking out Buster or Pablo... or dodger fans rockin fake beards
[ Edited by artiga1 on Dec 1, 2012 at 2:54 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
The Dodgers will pony up the money. Heck they'd do it just to piss off the Giants fanbase

I expected they would non-tender him and try to re-sign.
Not surprised if he feels offended by that.

Hopefully he comes back.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
The Dodgers will pony up the money. Heck they'd do it just to piss off the Giants fanbase

I expected they would non-tender him and try to re-sign.
Not surprised if he feels offended by that.

Hopefully he comes back.

That is more pride/ignorance than reality unfortunately for the bearded wonder. If he was going to pitch at the start of the season maybe, but I think even Bochy said Wilson was only throwing at 60% on flat ground.
Supposedly the Giants and Phillies have both offered Pagan a 4-year deal.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-san-francisco-giants/giants-talk/Report-Phillies-offer-four-year-deal-to-?blockID=808411&feedID=2539
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Nate Schierholz was non tendered by the Phillies. I would not be shocked to see him back with the Giants next year on a very low 1 yr deal

Schuman made mention that Nate burned bridges and Boch isn't a fan.

Also said Weezy was "pouting" and still possible he'd change his mind and come back.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
GET MICHAEL MORSE

He isnt going to go anywhere I'm afraid. Pretty sure he will be playing 1B for the Nationals and LaRoache will be going elsewhere in FA. He would really be a nice fot for our team though.

Ehhhhh....we'll see.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/nationals-could-trade-michael-morse.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well.. as you say we shall see. The Giants problem is who would they trade? Crick or Stratton plus someone like Javy Lopez? (Washington would love to get Lopez I'm guessing). With the lack of great prospects in the Giants organization its just tough to make deals.

Crick and/or Stratton would be too much for Morse in my opinion. I might have done that for Denard Span though.

I know this is old but I havent been around the last couple days....

Are you nuts itlyn? Michael Morse is a STUD. Hes a .300 hitter with 30 homerun potential every year. Would LOVE him as our 5 hitter. Denard Span is a good player, but I would rather have Morse by a mile.
Dude

Our World Series ball caps this year suck

Anyone found a decent one?
Schuman made mention that Nate burned bridges and Boch isn't a fan.

Also said Weezy was "pouting" and still possible he'd change his mind and come back.

I'm definitely ticked that Wilson is pissy about this whole thing. I really don't understand professional athletes who think they should be paid more because they're so good...yet won't take an incentive deal. The Giants have done a whole lot for Wilson over the years...he can't come back for a smaller salary with big incentives?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
I'm definitely ticked that Wilson is pissy about this whole thing. I really don't understand professional athletes who think they should be paid more because they're so good...yet won't take an incentive deal. The Giants have done a whole lot for Wilson over the years...he can't come back for a smaller salary with big incentives?

Well, Brian Wilson basically sacrificed his career, ala Rob Nenn, to help win this team a championship in 2010.

I'm sure he feels like he's owed.... he did get paid all last year being hurt. I can understand how he can feel slighted after what he gave.

He's probably done doe.

Well, Brian Wilson basically sacrificed his career, ala Rob Nenn, to help win this team a championship in 2010.

I'm sure he feels like he's owed.... he did get paid all last year being hurt. I can understand how he can feel slighted after what he gave.

He's probably done doe.

I think that is BS. Wilson didnt "sacrifice" his career. He pitched pressure games and did what all closers do when they are paid a lot of money. The Giants STILL want to pay him millions to play even though he may not pitch next year. They just dont want to pay him 6.8 million. It is a logical and understandable stance.

it says to me that brian wilson does not believe he can come back to his former self!
  • Garce
  • Veteran

He's probably done doe.

I think that is BS. Wilson didnt "sacrifice" his career. He pitched pressure games and did what all closers do when they are paid a lot of money. The Giants STILL want to pay him millions to play even though he may not pitch next year. They just dont want to pay him 6.8 million. It is a logical and understandable stance.

I'm just trying to put myself in BW's shoes. Thats how I would probably feel - I don't think it's wrong of him to feel that way. I don't necessarily agree with it but thats what I think. I agree with you, what the Giants are doing is logical and understandable... but BW probably doesn't feel that way.
I personally enjoyed Brian Wilson as a person; however, as a pitcher, not so much. Not to be too cynical, but I was glad that he went down for the year. Wilson had too many stressful innings for me to handle. Romo proved that he's a more reliable closer.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
GET MICHAEL MORSE

He isnt going to go anywhere I'm afraid. Pretty sure he will be playing 1B for the Nationals and LaRoache will be going elsewhere in FA. He would really be a nice fot for our team though.

Ehhhhh....we'll see.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/nationals-could-trade-michael-morse.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well.. as you say we shall see. The Giants problem is who would they trade? Crick or Stratton plus someone like Javy Lopez? (Washington would love to get Lopez I'm guessing). With the lack of great prospects in the Giants organization its just tough to make deals.

Crick and/or Stratton would be too much for Morse in my opinion. I might have done that for Denard Span though.

I know this is old but I havent been around the last couple days....

Are you nuts itlyn? Michael Morse is a STUD. Hes a .300 hitter with 30 homerun potential every year. Would LOVE him as our 5 hitter. Denard Span is a good player, but I would rather have Morse by a mile.

Do yourself a favor and read the rest of the conversation before spouting off nonsense and inferring things no one said. Yes, I'd rather have four years of Span for one of our top tier pitching prospects versus one year of Morse, so would every other GM in the league.

He's probably done doe.

Brian Wilson did NOT pull a Robb Nen. He wasnt hurt, he was just pitching late into the season, as any closer wouldve done if their team was still playing on Nov. 1st. Nen literally pitched while injured, and knew his elbow was fraying the more he pushed. He was just willing to sacrifice his arm for one final shot at a ring.

Wilson was a great closer, and he was a big part in one of our WS titles. He doesnt deserve any sympathy or special treatment past that respect. Hes getting older, hes coming off a 2nd TJ surgery, and has had injury issues throughout his career. Not to mention his control and velocity have been dropping steadily.

At this point the bear minimum he could make would be more than enough of a "thanks for being a great Giant Brian." Hes not worth even that much. The fact that he wants more is ego driven. If he can get what he was making, or more in f/a, more power to him. Im going to laugh at whoever pays that much, but it would justify his demands I guess.

At this point, unless Wilson is getting a significant amount more than the base we'd offer, he would just be leaving out of spite. We all know he loves the team, the city, and the fanbase. If he wants to sit out in the Dodger Stadium bullpen in a 7th inning role over a couple mil, thats his dumb choice.
Share 49ersWebzone