LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
LOLREDS just signed fat piece of s**t Broxton to 3/$22 million contract. Looks like Affeldt was a pretty decent deal.

Wow, I guess this means Chapman goes back to the regular rotation. Or does he?

THats their plan

Ya, said on ESPN he was signed to be the closer and sending Chapman to the starting rotation.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
LOLREDS just signed fat piece of s**t Broxton to 3/$22 million contract. Looks like Affeldt was a pretty decent deal.

THats their plan

Ya, said on ESPN he was signed to be the closer and sending Chapman to the starting rotation.

I think it is a big mistake but only time will tell. Loved Chapman in the closer role. He didnt have to pace himself and could come out and throw 100 and just blow guys away. I'm not sure I would be trusting Broxton as my closer. Just seems like 21 million is a lot for the guy but all of the teams in baseball can blame Ned Colleti for the price of RPs now.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

THats their plan

I think it is a big mistake but only time will tell. Loved Chapman in the closer role. He didnt have to pace himself and could come out and throw 100 and just blow guys away. I'm not sure I would be trusting Broxton as my closer. Just seems like 21 million is a lot for the guy but all of the teams in baseball can blame Ned Colleti for the price of RPs now.

Agreed, Chapman is a ridiculous closer. Giants broke Broxton long ago and he's never really recovered.

Agreed. Plus I think his command will be more vulnerable as a starter.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for 80sbaby24.
Although I would love to have him, I think the Reds should sign Michael Bourn.

Michael Bourn
Brandon Phillips
Joey Votto
Jay Bruce

.....is a ridiculous 1-4. I'm glad they signed Broxton. He is one of the few closers in baseball who I never believe will save the game when he is put in.
Now the rumor is Weezy to the Red Sox or Dodgers if/when we non-tender him
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Although I would love to have him, I think the Reds should sign Michael Bourn.

Michael Bourn
Brandon Phillips
Joey Votto
Jay Bruce

.....is a ridiculous 1-4. I'm glad they signed Broxton. He is one of the few closers in baseball who I never believe will save the game when he is put in.

Bourne had just an awful 2nd half and for a leadoff hitter he strikeouts out WAY too much.(155 times last year). He also was caught stealing 13 times. So, while I think he is a pretty nice all around player with speed I think some team is going to overpay for him big time.

Victorino would actually be a much better value play than Bourne. More power, better base stealer when it comes to % of success, 7 time GG winner, and puts the ball in play better. I am not saying I would take Victorino over Bourne if the money was the same but given what they will both get, Shane is the much better play.

I just cant imagine him on the Dodgers. That team needs a LH in the pen and not another RH. Jensen, League, Belisario, Guerra, Guerrier. Pretty good pen from the right side already. Boston makes sense.

I would still non tender him though. 8.5 million is WAY too much for BW
I just cant imagine him on the Dodgers. That team needs a LH in the pen and not another RH. Jensen, League, Belisario, Guerra, Guerrier. Pretty good pen from the right side already. Boston makes sense.

But it's the dodgers were talking about. They like to blow money.
I don't know if you guys know this or not, but SF hospitals are suing the LA Dodgers for Bryan Stow's medical bills.

The dodgers could certainly afford it.

http://fox40.com/2012/11/28/bryan-stow-beating-suspects-appear-in-court/

• teeohh
  • Veteran

f**k him if he goes to dodgers
BW first choice is the Dodgers

Okay
[ Edited by YungBird on Nov 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:

But it's the dodgers were talking about. They like to blow money.

Whatever. They havent done so well signing Giants on the FA market. I say BW is a complete bust if he goes there.
Any SF player that goes directly to LAD in FA doesn't love baseball. FACT!
If he leaves so be it. The track record for guys coming off two TJ surgeries isn't that great.
Share 49ersWebzone