There are 243 users in the forums

2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by andes14:
Whatever, you could trade Luke Walton for Chris Paul, Matt Barnes for LBJ, Steve Blake for Dwight Howard, and Ron Artest for Blake Griffin and win tons of championships, but that's not really the LAKERS winning it all, how do you not feel me at all on this? Like I said about our very Niners, winning ONE championship with our core that WE brought into the league and WE developed (Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Crabtree, Vernon, Delanie, Staley, Iupati, Anthony Davis, RayMac, Sopoaga, Willis, Bowman, Haralson, Aldon Smith, T. Brown, Culliver, Goldson, etc....Rogers and J. Smith being the only real players of note that were developed elsewhere) would mean SOOO much more and be SOOO much more special than if GB, DET, NYJ, and DAL just donated Rodgers, Johnson, Revis, and Ware to us and we won the next TEN. I want to see the guys that I saw with my own eyes develop from day 1 as 21-22 year olds win it all. Do you place no value on winning with homegrown Lakers? Winning because you acquired guys for way less than market value because they held their team hostage just seems so tainted. And I have listed so many teams that have done it the right way. The Packers, the Steelers, the Patriots, the Montana/Young Niners (and hopefully the current squad), the Bulls, the Spurs, etc. I would never want to win the way the Lakers are trying to, or like how the Yankees have.

Are you even aware the lakers are giving up Gasol and Odom? Or are you just ignoring that and making things up?
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Are you even aware the lakers are giving up Gasol and Odom? Or are you just ignoring that and making things up?

Lol, what I was saying wasn't in reference to that. In fact, I think Laker fans should be happy that this trade didn't go down. This whole idea was in reference to if the Lakers would have acquired Howard for Bynum - THAT'S the whole concept of getting a dude for way less than market value just because he holds a team hostage that I was talking about. And if they won because of THAT, then THAT would have been tainted as hell.
Lol, what I was saying wasn't in reference to that. In fact, I think Laker fans should be happy that this trade didn't go down. This whole idea was in reference to if the Lakers would have acquired Howard for Bynum - THAT'S the whole concept of getting a dude for way less than market value just because he holds a team hostage that I was talking about. And if they won because of THAT, then THAT would have been tainted as hell.

But I'm certain you wouldn't think that Miami winning a title would be tainted, right?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Ridiculously, unbelievably, steaming mad, obviously.

The Lakers are doing what they do. What they've always done. Get better and win. The logic being spewed by andes is absolutely haterism in it's true form. Wouldn't be happy if they won the next 10 championships??

GTFOutta here!!

Whatever, you could trade Luke Walton for Chris Paul, Matt Barnes for LBJ, Steve Blake for Dwight Howard, and Ron Artest for Blake Griffin and win tons of championships, but that's not really the LAKERS winning it all, how do you not feel me at all on this? Like I said about our very Niners, winning ONE championship with our core that WE brought into the league and WE developed (Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Crabtree, Vernon, Delanie, Staley, Iupati, Anthony Davis, RayMac, Sopoaga, Willis, Bowman, Haralson, Aldon Smith, T. Brown, Culliver, Goldson, etc....Rogers and J. Smith being the only real players of note that were developed elsewhere) would mean SOOO much more and be SOOO much more special than if GB, DET, NYJ, and DAL just donated Rodgers, Johnson, Revis, and Ware to us and we won the next TEN. I want to see the guys that I saw with my own eyes develop from day 1 as 21-22 year olds win it all. Do you place no value on winning with homegrown Lakers? Winning because you acquired guys for way less than market value because they held their team hostage just seems so tainted. And I have listed so many teams that have done it the right way. The Packers, the Steelers, the Patriots, the Montana/Young Niners (and hopefully the current squad), the Bulls, the Spurs, etc. I would never want to win the way the Lakers are trying to, or like how the Yankees have.

12321 says what?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
But I'm certain you wouldn't think that Miami winning a title would be tainted, right?

No, Miami winning would be kinda tainted. But not quite to the same degree because signing as free agents is more legit than being acquired for far less than market value because of holding a team hostage. I do admit I wouldn't mind seeing Miami win it all, but ONLY just because I am SICK TO MY STOMACH of the completely unfair and illogical criticism of LBJ's not having a ring. I don't even like him - I just HATE that argument and want people who say that to have to stop. But do you not feel me at all in terms of the whole it's better to win with guys you brought into the league and developed concept?
What are the odds of the lakers getting howard this year and maybe paul next year? I haven't been following the changes to the new cba.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'm actually glad the trade didn't go through, but i think the league was out of line on blocking the deal.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
I'm actually glad the trade didn't go through, but i think the league was out of line on blocking the deal.

Didn't know the league COULD do such a thing, that's frickin straight up b******t!!! That's seems like something Goodell would do.
So correct me if Im wrong. The Lakers pulled a bully trade and other teams got butt hurt? Was there anything done that was against the rules? The trade is on hold now right?
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
So correct me if Im wrong. The Lakers pulled a bully trade and other teams got butt hurt? Was there anything done that was against the rules? The trade is on hold now right?

It wasn't even a bully trade. We gave up Pau & Odom and got CP3 back. Nothing against the rules, and not even all that uneven...especially when you consider the situation that NO is in with him. They're getting a lot more back than NY got for Melo.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow, so now that Paul is out, the Nets seem to be the front-runners to land Howard per Rotoworld.com.

We're not getting crap, oh wait we are getting crap, but at least we signed Jason Kapono right.
Apparently we were gonna use the Traded Player Exception from the Sasha deal to reacquire Ronny Turiaf if the CP3 deal had gone down.
Originally posted by susweel:

the league owns the Hornets. David "Pinocchio Nose" Stern isn't stupid when it comes to MONEY. and by now we all know that money talks and bullsh!t runs the marathon. he knows that if Paul ends up in L.A then Stern is basically sending LA a BUSS full of cash. everything from ticket sales, jersey sales, hooker sales, to NBA Championship to DR. Jerry. in return the Hornets will suffer even worst than that of post Hurricane Katrina. since D.S is basically the NBA similar to Goodell being NFL then he can stop anything. is that right, just, fair and or equal. you Laker fans can weep uncontrollably about it like watching ones ole' earth getting massacred. was that right, just, fair and or equal when the Lakers got Gasol in a highway robbery? apparently! but back then David Stern was a BELOVED figure for LALA land goonies. i guess when situations benefit us then there are no squabbles. otherwise all hell breaks loose.

for CP III not being a "WEST COAST" guy he surely is fighting DS pretty hard on this one for being stopped. and CP III's dumb ass along with so many other idiots out there are so oblivious to the fact that he is still under contract. therefore; the rightful owner of the team for which he has signed a contract with can VETO ANY trades if they choose to do so. in this case the owner being NBA....i meant David Stern. good luck y'all. it's ok to dream though.

P.S all you talking sh!t about Miami's 3 need to quit it already. THEY WERE FREE AGENTS. JUST LIKE WHEN LALA LAND, LANDED SHAQ O'NEAL. perhaps you all have been blinded in this rage that the person whom you fellas are referring about with similar circumstance as CP III was 'Melo.
CP3 will be a Laker within the next 48 hours. I only hope it happens soon before Dwight gets traded to Jersey so that Dwight can see what we got going over here and change his mind again and have Orlando trade him to us.

Thunder...Thunder...THUNDER CATS! HO!
Originally posted by GameOver:
CP3 will be a Laker within the next 48 hours. I only hope it happens soon before Dwight gets traded to Jersey so that Dwight can see what we got going over here and change his mind again and have Orlando trade him to us.

Thunder...Thunder...THUNDER CATS! HO!

Ya, I think so too.
Share 49ersWebzone