There are 158 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
if we blow Game 7 I want McLellan's head

It is hard to argue against it. This team has done this year in and year out.

its just depressing to watch how talented this team is fall short of expectations year in and year out

I think u start to question talent at this point and Doug Wilson

the talent isnt the problem, we scored what 15 goals on Quick in 2 games?

look at it this way

you can get the class a new teacher every few years, but if that class doesn't graduate, are you gonna keep them forever?
i want mcclellan gone no doubt if we lose tomorrow or even if we dont reach the wcf. i want barry trotz as our next coach, the things hes done with a preds team that doesnt attract fa and has nowhere near the talent as ours and other teams in the west and whole nhl in general speaks great volume of what hes done with that team in the what, 11 yrs hes been with that team? he always gets his teams to play hard each night and has always developed dmen, now with the talent on offense we have im down to see what he can do. speaking of the game tomorrow i have 0% confidence this team can win, after that joke of a gm 5 at home to close out this annoying damn kings team we play the worst possible game all series and now we have lost our best dman and now playing in a do or die game. i was not surprised after we lost out on the sweep and said if theres one team to blow a 3-0 series lead its this whole organization as a whole. im willing to bet we lose on a fluky goal or a dumbass ref call, its been the sharks mo for yrs now
I expect to lose game 7. I hate saying that, but how can we honestly have any confidence in this team after the last 3 games, and the last several years for that matter?

It's not a matter of skill. It's a matter of mental toughness. This team has none. Having a 3-0 series lead is a burden for them. They can't handle the pressure of closing it out. Their fear of losing is greater than their drive to win. That's how mentally fragile this team is.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 29, 2014 at 3:28 PM ]
no way are the monster of the deep sea losing game 7. not happening.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

I hope you're right man. This feels different than that Red Wings series a few years back. I still expected to win that one even after blowing a 3-0 series lead. All the games were close. The Kings have thoroughly thrashed the Sharks the last 3 games.
It went 7 games last year and many thought it would go 7 this year, just didn't figure it would be like this.

I'm ready for game 7
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I expect to lose game 7. I hate saying that, but how can we honestly have any confidence in this team after the last 3 games, and the last several years for that matter?

It's not a matter of skill. It's a matter of mental toughness. This team has none. Having a 3-0 series lead is a burden for them. They can't handle the pressure of closing it out. Their fear of losing is greater than their drive to win. That's how mentally fragile this team is.

Completely agree. You need no further proof than the game last night. They clawed the whole game, and then when the refs made a mistake, the Sharks lost all composure and melted down. I can't remember being more frustrated with a loss than the one last night. Yeah, the refs made a bad call, but you still had about 8+ minutes left and instead of buckling down and scoring, you melt down and give up two more cake goals. Unbelievable for most teams. Very believable for this team.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Apr 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
When we win tomorrow I'm gonna quote all you jotos, keep your stomachs empty and ready for some crow
Originally posted by Garcia:
When we win tomorrow I'm gonna quote all you jotos, keep your stomachs empty and ready for some crow

I'd be more than happy to get quoted and eat a bucket of crow. It'll feel a hell of a lot better than watching this team blow a 3-0 series lead.

I hope you're right man. This feels different than that Red Wings series a few years back. I still expected to win that one even after blowing a 3-0 series lead. All the games were close. The Kings have thoroughly thrashed the Sharks the last 3 games.

How does it feel different? We had the choke artist label then and do now as well

Originally posted by Garcia:

Hey dude, I've said since before the series starts that this is going 7 games, with a Sharks win

Oh and I was laughing my ass off in game 4 or so because Drew Remenda was talking about how the Sharks PK was looking bad in the series, right after you guys blasted me for saying that.

IMO its gotta be about Joe Thornton. That old f**k needs to step up, not a point in their 3 losses.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Apr 29, 2014 at 5:30 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

How does it feel different? We had the choke artist label then and do now as well

I remember games 4-6 being more competitive in that series. I had way more confidence winning game 7 against Detroit.

The Sharks have been dominated the past 3 games. Games 4 and 5 were complete laughers, and the team completely folded in the 3rd period of game 6. The goal that put the Kings ahead was BS, but it was only 2-1 with 8 minutes left. They completely fell apart, allowing 2 more goals in under 3 minutes. Not good.

Maybe Game 7 will be a clean slate. Forget what happened the previous 6 games, just concentrate on this one game. We have home ice. No excuse to lose this game other than being complete choke artists.
If we lose this game 7, doesnt Joe Thornton's leadership have to get questioned a little?

It only seems fair, considering Marleau took the same type of blame for this crap in his time as Captain. Im not saying take the C from Thornton, but if your team blows a 3-0 lead, and it has alot to do with team mental toughness and poor puck movement by the forwards, shouldnt he have to answer for that?

It just feels like Thornton gets a pass for the same results that got Marleau demoted.
Sharks are 2-0 at home in game 7s. I expect to be 3-0 after tomorrow
FINISH THEM! (mortal kombat voice)
Share 49ersWebzone