LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Texas Longhorns Football

Originally posted by TX9R:
at least we picked a qb. true frosh qb, wr and rb. i'm fine with taking lumps this year, team could be great for the following 3

True. They played better than last week.
Originally posted by SoTx9R:
at least we picked a qb. true frosh qb, wr and rb. i'm fine with taking lumps this year, team could be great for the following 3

True. They played better than last week.

They will develop and obviously they got the talent
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Apparently we did well last week, no idea as the game wasn't available. Looking forward to seeing the progress this week. ESPN is being stupid with LHN. No one wants to pay for it and now they've lost leverage with providers. Give it way cheaper, then jack up the price in a few years. Like crack.
Apparently we did well last week, no idea as the game wasn't available. Looking forward to seeing the progress this week. ESPN is being stupid with LHN. No one wants to pay for it and now they've lost leverage with providers. Give it way cheaper, then jack up the price in a few years. Like crack.

They are waiting until it's renegotiation time with the carriers for ESPN, ESPN2 et al. They are going to say 'You had better pick up the LHN or we won't let you carry ESPNU and ESPNEWS' Then it'll be available all over.
I still don't know why they created it though. UT football is an excellent brand, but this is college football... there aren't many national brands outside of religious schools (ND/BYU).

Good luck this Saturday, I'm not in Texas anymore due to graduation from Tech, so I won't be in Austin.
If the Tech team that played in Norman show up, we'll donkey-stomp you... if the team from last week vs ISU shows up, it might be an epic ass-kicking the other way.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cestmoi:
They are waiting until it's renegotiation time with the carriers for ESPN, ESPN2 et al. They are going to say 'You had better pick up the LHN or we won't let you carry ESPNU and ESPNEWS' Then it'll be available all over.
I still don't know why they created it though. UT football is an excellent brand, but this is college football... there aren't many national brands outside of religious schools (ND/BYU).

Good luck this Saturday, I'm not in Texas anymore due to graduation from Tech, so I won't be in Austin.
If the Tech team that played in Norman show up, we'll donkey-stomp you... if the team from last week vs ISU shows up, it might be an epic ass-kicking the other way.

They did it because it's smart. No one thought regional networks would work either. In 10 years all the big programs will have one. They can generate revenue, however minute initially. I get about 50 various regional networks like foxsports and will watch any number of them on occasion, this will just be another. I'm sure there are millions of other dudes like me.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Epic ass kicking. With Jonathan Gray (top 5 RB in the country) coming in next year, this table of backs will be unbelievable.
Good win for longhorns tonight
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Well, at least one thing went well on Thanksgiving. I will take pleasure in the Aggies getting annhialated in the SEC for years to come. Suckers couldn't win in the Big12.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Nice asswhipping to finish off the season, the Holiday Bowl has been good to us. 8 win season, just about what I predicted for a team in transition. We played the youngest team in the country, took our lumps, and maybe found our QB. I'm looking forward to next season, the D is championship level, the running game should be stellar, if Ash can maintain this is a BCS contender. Still need a playmaker at WR to go with Shipley but we should win the Big12.
Nice asswhipping to finish off the season, the Holiday Bowl has been good to us. 8 win season, just about what I predicted for a team in transition. We played the youngest team in the country, took our lumps, and maybe found our QB. I'm looking forward to next season, the D is championship level, the running game should be stellar, if Ash can maintain this is a BCS contender. Still need a playmaker at WR to go with Shipley but we should win the Big12.

Def, team is looking better. Good bowl win to build off for next season.

Are you looking at the entire roster or the starters? The offense is very young and should be improved next year. On D, I count 4 seniors to replace, the biggest of which are the two LBs Acho and Robinson.

Oklahoma actually has a pretty young roster too, and a good chance Landry returns. Broyles, Ronnell Lewis and Travis Lewis will be big losses though.

And then there is TCU, who finished pretty strong. They have a really young D (which will have to get better, they played horrible in TCU's big games) and their offense has a lot of playmakers. WR Dawson and Boyce will be one of the best combos in the Big 12, and TCU will be in the top3 for best RBs, they use 3 different talented guys.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Are you looking at the entire roster or the starters? The offense is very young and should be improved next year. On D, I count 4 seniors to replace, the biggest of which are the two LBs Acho and Robinson.

Oklahoma actually has a pretty young roster too, and a good chance Landry returns. Broyles, Ronnell Lewis and Travis Lewis will be big losses though.

And then there is TCU, who finished pretty strong. They have a really young D (which will have to get better, they played horrible in TCU's big games) and their offense has a lot of playmakers. WR Dawson and Boyce will be one of the best combos in the Big 12, and TCU will be in the top3 for best RBs, they use 3 different talented guys.

Starter is a loose term this year as guys have been in and out of the line up. Most of our offense are true freshman. We have a couple of guys leaving, but the talent is the secondary and Dline, and they are all F/S. We always manage to have some dominant OLBs emerge. I'm confident about next year.
ouch
Resurrect a 2 year old thread.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Everybody loves to hate us. This is the softest Texas team I can remember seeing. Someones getting fired over this, likely Diaz. You can't lose to OU like this 2 years in a row.
Share 49ersWebzone