FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 Thread

Originally posted by Eli_23:
f**king dumb c**ts.

Can't believe they choked. Pathetic.

I actually laughed at that... but yeah chill bro lol
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Japan deserves it. Don't really care about soccer but some of those Japan players lost multiple friends and family that that tsunami.

Good for them.

Florida gets pummled every 6 years by hurricanes. Plus Katrina and a whole bunch of other catastrophies. I'm ok with Japan winning, but the US gets hit all the time with natural disasters
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
would love to drop a load in alex morgans mouth

imagine her kicking you in the nuts
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Now I remember why I don't watch soccer.. Penalty kicks to decide a championship .. ridiculous.... I know next super bowl that's tied lets kick FG for the win ... or next NBA championship let shoot FT ... sheeh never again

that is some bullsh*t

i like watching womens soccer much more for some reason...
same thing with womens volleyball.
or womens figure skating.

yea I concur, with both of you

penalty kicks are a wack way to decide a championship

and I like to pick out the fine ass b***hes
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Japan deserves it. Don't really care about soccer but some of those Japan players lost multiple friends and family that that tsunami.

Good for them.

Florida gets pummled every 6 years by hurricanes. Plus Katrina and a whole bunch of other catastrophies. I'm ok with Japan winning, but the US gets hit all the time with natural disasters

Yeah but nothing really as bad as Japan's since Katrina, and that was a few years ago. Japan is still in disarray and still trying to plan how to clean all that s**t up. Have you seen the pictures? Its ridiculous... Japan deserves this.
Originally posted by saniner:
Great game to watch. Japan earned it and kept fighting back.

Hope Solo and Alex Morgan

Alex Morgan..yes...

Hope Solo..meh.
  • Silky
  • Veteran

Good for them.

Yeah but nothing really as bad as Japan's since Katrina, and that was a few years ago. Japan is still in disarray and still trying to plan how to clean all that s**t up. Have you seen the pictures? Its ridiculous... Japan deserves this.

I agree I am happy for Japan, but I disagree to rationalize their victory because they got hit by the tsunami. It really erks me. The USA DESERVED to win because they played better the entire game and had way more shots. It didn't fold out that way and they lost on some wack ass penalty shots.

I was thinking during the entire 30 minute overtime that the golden ball would be effective in Soccer. It is an even playing field and who ever scores frist would prove they are the better TEAM. In PK shootouts it proves taht the 5 shooters that are selected are better than the other 5 shooters. It makes no sense that the NFL plays the "Golden Touchdown or Field Goal" because it is not an even playing field. One team gets the ball first and can end the game without the other team getting the ball.
  • Silky
  • Veteran

Funny how us Americans react when the U.S loses. Very quick to criticize FIFA or the sport in general.

Time to watch sports that matter

Good for them.

I agree I am happy for Japan, but I disagree to rationalize their victory because they got hit by the tsunami. It really erks me. The USA DESERVED to win because they played better the entire game and had way more shots. It didn't fold out that way and they lost on some wack ass penalty shots.

I was thinking during the entire 30 minute overtime that the golden ball would be effective in Soccer. It is an even playing field and who ever scores frist would prove they are the better TEAM. In PK shootouts it proves taht the 5 shooters that are selected are better than the other 5 shooters. It makes no sense that the NFL plays the "Golden Touchdown or Field Goal" because it is not an even playing field. One team gets the ball first and can end the game without the other team getting the ball.

I'm not talking about how played better on the field. Japan's entire country is in turmoil right now and they deserve something to hold their heads high on.

Yeah the USA out-played Japan and should have won, but we chocked. We missed SO many shots, we didn't have the killer instinct to shut them down, had some critical miscommunication on that first goal we allowed which was ridiculous, then we chocked hardcore in the PK's.

You could say Japan deserved it because they were resilient and didn't give up. Either way, I think they deserved that victory.

• Silky
  • Veteran

Good for them.

I'm not talking about how played better on the field. Japan's entire country is in turmoil right now and they deserve something to hold their heads high on.

Yeah the USA out-played Japan and should have won, but we chocked. We missed SO many shots, we didn't have the killer instinct to shut them down, had some critical miscommunication on that first goal we allowed which was ridiculous, then we chocked hardcore in the PK's.

You could say Japan deserved it because they were resilient and didn't give up. Either way, I think they deserved that victory.

Yes Japan deserved to win because they were resilient.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Talk about a choke job USA.
Those were some of the worst shootout attempts ever. They didn't deserve to win despite dominating play for the most part. Terrible gaffes on defense, too.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Not big fan of soccer, but the short hair chick wambach is a heck of a player. Nearly had a goal in the first half, but hit the post.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jul 17, 2011 at 4:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone