LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 139 users in the forums

2011 MLB All Star Thread (AS Game, HR Derby, etc)

Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by YungAce:
is panda starting at 3rd?

rolen

neither deserve to...there just isn't any other good 3B

LOLWUT?! Pablo Sandoval has the 4th highest WAR in the entire MLB and best in the NL at 3B, and he MISSED a month of baseball.

hes the most deserving...but thats largely in part to there not being any other quality 3B in the NL.

Aramis Ramirez, David Wright and Ryan Zimmerman aren't quality 3B's?

You make no sense, he clearly DESERVES to be there considering his stats while missing over 40 games are closing in on those that have played way more than him. The only people in the AL that have a higher WAR than him have played 30 games more than him at the very least and Beltre has 40+ more games than him.

David Wright is hurt and has hit .226 this year.

Aramis Ramirez turned down his selection.

Zimmerman has spent most of the season on the DL. He's hit .254 with 4 HR and 15 RBI in one month of baseball.

Doesn't make them not quality 3B. There are plenty of good 3B in the NL, but like James said, not a ton of them have put together great years, and that's what I was getting at.
I dont know if the NL can match up as well this year with the AL. Last year the NLs pen was stacked. Ubaldo in his peak, Josh Johnson, Halliday, Wainwright.. so stacked, Lincecum didnt even get in the game.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
I dont know if the NL can match up as well this year with the AL. Last year the NLs pen was stacked. Ubaldo in his peak, Josh Johnson, Halliday, Wainwright.. so stacked, Lincecum didnt even get in the game.

ya, i think AL has the better team this year

just hoping we can somehow pull it out

Lots of AL pitchers not pitching though because they did Sunday (I think Verlander and Sabathia are two of them) so it's going to be an interesting game to say the least.
im an NL homer but The AL cant hang with our stuff(pitching)
Bochy isnt gonna know what to do with guys that can hit.

Offense?! what the hell is offense?!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Bochy isnt gonna know what to do with guys that can hit.

Offense?! what the hell is offense?!

LOL seriously

ya, i think AL has the better team this year

just hoping we can somehow pull it out

I think the AL pretty much has the better team every year as they have the majority of the stars. However, it isnt is one sided as it used to be and I will still root hard for the NL.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
almost time
matt kemp is winning this one

• jrg
  • Veteran
Let's go Holliday!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol at Holliday

• jrg
  • Veteran