There are 202 users in the forums

Mayweather vs Ortiz September 17th

Anyone know why Ortiz soured on Robert Garcia and his crew? I know they all talk ish about Ortiz, especially Brandon Rios.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Anyone know why Ortiz soured on Robert Garcia and his crew? I know they all talk ish about Ortiz, especially Brandon Rios.

Supposedly Robert was spending too much time training other fighters and really didn't feel that Ortiz was a priority.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

he's working with his brother now right?

Maybe he didn't like the way they went about the Margarito /Pac fight.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
he's working with his brother now right?

Maybe he didn't like the way they went about the Margarito /Pac fight.

Yeah Ortiz trains with Robert Garcia's older brother now. But I'm sure the animosity between Rios/Garcia and Ortiz goes further than Pac/Margarito. Rios and Ortiz used to be friends and are both from Kansas. Both lived with Robert Garcia at some point. Definitely something personal going on over there, but I can't remember what the beef was about.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
I'm calling it right now....Ortiz wins by KO.

And I'm calling you crazy.

Ortiz is gonna get punished. Floyd is gonna use all that aggression Ortiz likes to fight with and pick him apart. Watch the Floyd v Gatti fight and that's what this fight will look like.

It was a joke. I say that for all Mayweather fights just because I dislike him, however, I know that he's still one of the most elite fighters in the world. But everyone has a puncher's chance and Ortiz, being as unorthodox as he is with the way he throws his punches, can catch a Mayweather that hasn't fought in over a yr.
Good point. Any fighter could get caught especially with the time off Jr. has had not to mention Jr's time off hasn't been down time, its been go to court and pay lawyers fees time. But Jr. doesn't get ring rust like most other fighters. Dude stays at his fighting weight even when he's not fighting so he's always on point fitness wise. I think Ortiz has been getting a lot of talk up because he beat Berto, who outside of being fast and having good power, is a flawed fighter with known stamina problems. Ortiz did beat him convincingly, but this time, he's is going in against technician. Floyd will look to slaughter this young lamb and send a message. BTW, I figured your post was a joke. I was just stirring the pot a little bit.
I'm calling it right now....Ortiz wins by KO.

And I'm calling you crazy.

Ortiz is gonna get punished. Floyd is gonna use all that aggression Ortiz likes to fight with and pick him apart. Watch the Floyd v Gatti fight and that's what this fight will look like.

It was a joke. I say that for all Mayweather fights just because I dislike him, however, I know that he's still one of the most elite fighters in the world. But everyone has a puncher's chance and Ortiz, being as unorthodox as he is with the way he throws his punches, can catch a Mayweather that hasn't fought in over a yr.
Good point. Any fighter could get caught especially with the time off Jr. has had not to mention Jr's time off hasn't been down time, its been go to court and pay lawyers fees time. But Jr. doesn't get ring rust like most other fighters. Dude stays at his fighting weight even when he's not fighting so he's always on point fitness wise. I think Ortiz has been getting a lot of talk up because he beat Berto, who outside of being fast and having good power, is a flawed fighter with known stamina problems. Ortiz did beat him convincingly, but this time, he's is going in against technician. Floyd will look to slaughter this young lamb and send a message. BTW, I figured your post was a joke. I was just stirring the pot a little bit.

Pot stirred well, good sir.
Originally posted by Amir:
Floyd's chick from 24/7.

LANGUAGE WARNING

Floyd is an idiot. It was embarrassing watching him and 50 talk into the money stack as if it were a phone. Mayweather tried to be funny, 50 just looked stupid.

Although on a totally different level it reminded me of two or my roomies during 2nd year. These two douches bought a carton of cigarettes and took picture of themselves standing in front of the carton with gangster poses. Just childish.

I will be rooting for Ortiz. From the 24/7 Ortiz is a much bigger guy. If he can catch Mayweather with a shot he could drop him.

Anyone know of a good bar to watch the fight on the 17th? A place that has lots of screens and puts the sound on?

Thanks
It seems like there are more distractions for Floyd right now, he does not seem to be taking it serious. I don't know I could be wrong but it just seems like he is not putting in 100% effort, at least not in the first 2 shows.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rigs49:
It seems like there are more distractions for Floyd right now, he does not seem to be taking it serious. I don't know I could be wrong but it just seems like he is not putting in 100% effort, at least not in the first 2 shows.

Floyd trains year round and is always in top shape. Not saying he can't/won't lose, just that I never question his training. Plus 24/7 in 30 mins per week so of course they're gonna focus on drama versus the actual training.
Floyd trains year round and is always in top shape. Not saying he can't/won't lose, just that I never question his training. Plus 24/7 in 30 mins per week so of course they're gonna focus on drama versus the actual training.

Say what you will about Floyd, but he is always in shape.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Say what you will about Floyd, but he is always in shape.

That's what I said joto.
Share 49ersWebzone