LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 241 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I don't think you know how college football works.

A decent ranked team SHOULD be beating a bunch of cupcake teams. Should be blowing them out but they don't (see Army last week).

It's the games against the other ranked teams and conference rivals that matter. And Harbaugh simply has not had many wins of that caliber.

It's pretty much this. He'll be judged on how he fairs vs Wisc, OSU, Penn State, Mich St. So unless he pulls off a miracle vs OSU he's done.

I am betting he takes an NFL gig before the ax falls. For some reason, either the Dolphins or Browns comes to mind.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Why would he get fired? He is 40–14 at Michigan.

A decent ranked team SHOULD be beating a bunch of cupcake teams. Should be blowing them out but they don't (see Army last week).

It's the games against the other ranked teams and conference rivals that matter. And Harbaugh simply has not had many wins of that caliber.

I mean i get people are still pissed at Harbaugh and are loving that he is struggling this year. But he did go 10-3 last season, so not sure he is going to get fired after possibly one down season. Especially since he is a Michigan legend.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 21, 2019 at 11:29 AM ]
Can we let that one dude back in here? The super fan psychotic dude. I think I would actually enjoy seeing how he'd try and spin this one.
I mean i get people are still pissed at Harbaugh and are loving that he is struggling this year. But he did go 10-3 last season, so not sure he is going to get fired after possibly one down season. Especially since he is a Michigan legend.

With 0 Big 10 titles, 0 wins vs OSU it will be over for him. If he wins out until OSU but loses there he'll likely stillbe done. The bar is higher than what he's achieving.

Wouldn't say he's done yet though. If he finds a way to beat OSU 11-2 this year may be passable.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
With 0 Big 10 titles, 0 wins vs OSU it will be over for him. If he wins out until OSU but loses there he'll likely stillbe done. The bar is higher than what he's achieving.

Wouldn't say he's done yet though. If he finds a way to beat OSU 11-2 this year may be passable.

They were co-champions of the Big Ten East Division last year.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 21, 2019 at 11:40 AM ]
They co-champions of the Big Ten East Division last year.

Which team played in the Big 10 championship? Come on.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Sep 21, 2019 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by fropwns:

It's pretty much this. He'll be judged on how he fairs vs Wisc, OSU, Penn State, Mich St. So unless he pulls off a miracle vs OSU he's done.

I am betting he takes an NFL gig before the ax falls. For some reason, either the Dolphins or Browns comes to mind.

I bet he's in the Michigan locker room right now signing a contract for another team.
Getting murdered
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
They co-champions of the Big Ten East Division last year.

Which team played in the Big 10 championship? Come on.

Had Michigan beaten Ohio St. they probably would of been in the playoffs. I mean its strange not to at lest concede hes been good at Michigan. Maybe that wont be enough in the end, expectations are high.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 21, 2019 at 11:49 AM ]
Had Michigan beaten Ohio St. they probably would of been in the playoffs. I mean its strange not to at lest concede hes been good at Michigan. Maybe that wont be enough in the end, expectations are high.

BUT. HE. HAS. NOT. BEATEN THEM.

This isn't the NFL where every win is valuable. In college football, there are games that are much bigger than the rest of the schedule.

Yikes.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

BUT. HE. HAS. NOT. BEATEN THEM.

This isn't the NFL where every win is valuable. In college football, there are games that are much bigger than the rest of the schedule.

Wait really? He hasnt beaten him? Wow i am just hearing about this. Tell me more! You think 1. Michigan will find a better coach and 2. play close to 50 million to buy out Harbaugh and pay the next coach? Because i don't see that happening.
Wait really? He hasnt beaten him? Wow i am just hearing about this. Tell me more! You think 1. Michigan will find a better coach and 2. play close to 50 million to buy out Harbaugh and pay the next coach? Because i don't see that happening.

#2 is possible. #1 though? Options are pretty limited.

Just looked it up. His buyout is 15 mil. 10 mil after next season. It will be interesting because UM is delusional if they think they'll do better. OSU runs the big 10 the same way Bama runs the SEC. Good luck winning it over them.
Dude got exposed during Army and now it's showing with the Badgers.
Share 49ersWebzone