LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 369 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
You guys are complaining about a "close win." Nobody will care at all. At the end of the year it will just be a win in the win column.

Lol it does matter in college football. The voters pay attention to that and take into consideration how you win and lose.

For 1 week they will. This weeks poll. Next week nobody will care. It will just be a win.

Once again, no, it matters for the whole season. Obviously it wont matter if they finish with one loss or no losses, otherwise it will be looked at.
You guys are complaining about a "close win." Nobody will care at all. At the end of the year it will just be a win in the win column.

Lol it does matter in college football. The voters pay attention to that and take into consideration how you win and lose.

For 1 week they will. This weeks poll. Next week nobody will care. It will just be a win.

Once again, no, it matters for the whole season. Obviously it wont matter if they finish with one loss or no losses, otherwise it will be looked at.

An early close game or a loss even is no big deal. Mid season or late season would be much worse. As the weeks go on it will be mostly forgotten. It's still a win. A close game is not as damaging as a loss. Plus it happened early in the year which you would rather have.

It won't matter anyway. This team won't make the playoff. I don't believe they are that good.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Dudes, Harbs blows. He, literally, has not changed. Harbs will not win a title at Michigan.

So you have to win a title or else you blow?

I guess you are either 100% or 0%.

"If ya ain't first ya last"

Only champions are remembered
Dudes, Harbs blows. He, literally, has not changed. Harbs will not win a title at Michigan.

and the 49ers are in better shape after he left the team.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

and the 49ers are in better shape after he left the team.

4 - 12 is better than Harbaugh. We lose with class. That's important.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

So you have to win a title or else you blow?

I guess you are either 100% or 0%.

"If ya ain't first ya last"

Only champions are remembered

Harbaugh almost lost to Army. I wish he did as this thread would have been 1000x more enjoyable.
It won't help him immediately but last year Oklahoma went to ot with Army and they still made the playoffs. Mich beats Wisconsin in 2 weeks and this is forgotten.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Is it time to start considering Vic Fangio was carrying Harbaugh in the pros

My man.

Right lol

His defenses were top 5 every year even in 2014 when he had a ton of players on I.R. and using Street FA's. Fangio clearly did far more for the defense than Jimbo did for the offense...and that's still true today.

PS: just saw you were busting my balls.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 8, 2019 at 6:52 AM ]
Imagine still supporting Jim Harbaugh in 2019.

He needs to change if he wants to attract a QB and win at the college level. I think he should just go back to the NFL. His type of offense is built for the NFL playoffs, and he literally ran the best playoff offense of all time based on yards gained per drive....with Kaepernick and no true #1 WR (https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/postseason-qb-drive-stats-and-dvoa). He should have AT LEAST one ring. He got screwed over time and time again, there's no denying that.

His personality might wear people out, but I think his next bosses in the NFL will learn from what happened to Jed/Baalke and the 49ers.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 8, 2019 at 6:56 AM ]

Originally posted by tjd808185:
It won't help him immediately but last year Oklahoma went to ot with Army and they still made the playoffs. Mich beats Wisconsin in 2 weeks and this is forgotten.

For me it was his offense being soooooooooo predictable. Also they were in field goal range in the 4th and went for it with yet another run up the middle. I know he's not calling the plays but at some point you would think he would step in and be like no more.

Not as bad as supporting Baalke
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Who's supporting Baalke? Huuuuh? LOL

Both were officially dead to me in 2015 (Baalke a year too late) and after reading this, for Harbaugh (2014 season).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-seduction-of-jim-harbaugh-1439481739

I just come here for the now.

[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 8, 2019 at 7:31 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

He needs to change if he wants to attract a QB and win at the college level. I think he should just go back to the NFL. His type of offense is built for the NFL playoffs, and he literally ran the best playoff offense of all time based on yards gained per drive....with Kaepernick and no true #1 WR (https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/postseason-qb-drive-stats-and-dvoa). He should have AT LEAST one ring. He got screwed over time and time again, there's no denying that.

His personality might wear people out, but I think his next bosses in the NFL will learn from what happened to Jed/Baalke and the 49ers.

I thought his offense played well (minus the stupid turnovers by the QB). Going for it on a couple of 4th downs though, those were definitely coaching decisions that he'd probably want back. His offense looks a lot like the offense he ran with Colin though, with the difference that maybe Shea is the better QB. A win is a win, and I don't know too much about college football, but if Harbaugh's football team can learn from this and improve and put away teams later in the season with more than a TD margin, an upward trend is always better than a downward trend - it might actually help him with the college voters later in the season.

Harbaugh is still pretty young for a coach. But yeah, compared to Walsh. Walsh already had a super bowl win at Harbaugh's age.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Who's supporting Baalke? Huuuuh? LOL

Both were officially dead to me in 2015 (Baalke a year too late) and after reading this, for Harbaugh (2014 season).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-seduction-of-jim-harbaugh-1439481739

I just come here for the now.

I'd do the same if I was Baalke's biggest supporter
Share 49ersWebzone