There are 307 users in the forums

WZ Showdown!!! Lakers vs Warriors

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by kray28:
Lakers match up well with the Dubs, underestimate them at your own risk.

The Lakers used to match up great against the Warriors because they had Bynum-Gasol or Howard-Gasol. They just overpowered the Dubs on the front line. With that no longer being the case and the Warriors being younger and more athletic those days are over.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
But don't forget about the sharks

I don't think anybody can argue that the sharks are clearly the 5th most popular team in the bay area. They have a very loyal following, but this is not a hockey area and they got a very late start in terms of bay area teams.

the 5th? Who do you rank ahead of them?

49ers
Giants
Warriors
Raiders
Sharks
A's?

My bad. Make it 6th.

49ers
Raiders
Giants
A's
Warriors

Sharks.

The order of the first 5 is debatable, but the sharks are no doubt 6th in the chain of popularity.

No doubt? Based on what? I'm not saying that you are dead wrong but that I dont think its a no doubter at all.

The Raiders are last in the NFL in total attendance and last in % of capacity. The Sharks sell out every single game. Also, the Sharks are the only hockey team in town while the Raiders will always play 2nd fiddle to the Niners.

Niners
Giants
Warriors
A's
Sharks
Raiders

C'mon, john. You know there are millions of raiders fans in the bay. Just cuz they're too poor to go to the games doesn't mean they don't have fans. lol
C'mon, john. You know there are millions of raiders fans in the bay. Just cuz they're too poor to go to the games doesn't mean they don't have fans. lol

I get it that there are a lot of Raiders fans. But, the Sharks have become so popular now in the Bay Area just like the Warriors. Its basically an automatic sell out these days.

I get it that there are a lot of Raiders fans. But, the Sharks have become so popular now in the Bay Area just like the Warriors. Its basically an automatic sell out these days.

Are you really trying to argue this? The raiders can suck for the next 20 years and they'll still be more popular than the sharks. The sharks have a very loyal fan base, but they are nowhere near as popular as any of the 5 major sports teams. It's not even debatable.

Are you really trying to argue this? The raiders can suck for the next 20 years and they'll still be more popular than the sharks. The sharks have a very loyal fan base, but they are nowhere near as popular as any of the 5 major sports teams. It's not even debatable.

That's why it's been said that re: major pro sports, there is the "Big 3-1/2"...NHL is the 1/2. Obviously it does well in some parts of the US, usually cold-weather places, but overall MLB and NBA are the little brothers to the NFL, and the NHL is the redheaded stepchild.
Silly john, a hockey team more popular than a football team?

This ain't Canada, lol.

This ain't Canada, lol.

Yes.. but it is the Raiders we are talking about. LOL

This ain't Canada, lol.

I bet the Redwings are more popular in Detroit than the Lions right now.

This ain't Canada, lol.

I bet the Redwings are more popular in Detroit than the Lions right now.

maybe, but then again Detroit is hella close to Canada
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
No doubt? Based on what? I'm not saying that you are dead wrong but that I dont think its a no doubter at all.

The Raiders are last in the NFL in total attendance and last in % of capacity. The Sharks sell out every single game. Also, the Sharks are the only hockey team in town while the Raiders will always play 2nd fiddle to the Niners.

Niners
Giants
Warriors
A's
Sharks
Raiders

NinerJohn knows what he's talking about. It's 1) Niners 2) Giants 3) Warriors in the Bay area....

Everyone knows that the A's and Raiders, even when competitive, just aren't as popular

And while the Sharks are a top-class franchise, hockey will always come last among the big four sports. That's just reality.

edit. wrong thread.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 31, 2013 at 5:52 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

This ain't Canada, lol.

Yes.. but it is the Raiders we are talking about. LOL

But, you're talking about NHL...
Round 2!
Warriors - 154
Lakers - 9

Get well soon, Mamba.
This game scares me tonight for some reason. Obviously the Warriors are the better team and should win but winning on the road is so damn hard in the NBA.
Share 49ersWebzone