There are 223 users in the forums

Felix Hernandez Wins AL Cy Young Award

Good to see that voters weren't mesmerized by the wins totals, the most useless pitching stat in baseball. He was dominant on a s**tty team.
Completely well-deserved for King Felix. I didn't think he was going to win, but REALLY glad he did. That kid is such a beast.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Bulls**t. Matt Cain should have won.

lmao

ROFL
Good.

The experts have been right everytime this year because they know the voting of them and their peers. Taking the surprise out of it.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Anyone know where Weaver finished?
Originally posted by dman:
Anyone know where Weaver finished?

5th after jon lester
Quote:
mlbtraderumors
Felix didn't believe he had won at first. He started crying and jumping around when he heard that he was the winner.
good for Felix. im happy for him. he really did deserve it, and im glad the AP finally understands real stats, not just wins, as theyve shown the last few years with Lincecum.

the best pitcher should win the CY every season, not the best pitcher with 20 wins. this season they got both awards right.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Quote:
mlbtraderumors
Felix didn't believe he had won at first. He started crying and jumping around when he heard that he was the winner.

lol thats great. too many players lie about awards and act like they didnt even notice. if i put as much hard work in as he did all year and won the CY id be jumping around too. nice to see a player with an honest reaction, because we known 95% of the guys who say "well yeah its nice, but i didnt even think about it until they called me" are liars. everyone wants to be recognized in their craft.

Very much deserved.

They powers that be got this one right.
Quote:
mlbtraderumors

That's awesome. Kid has a great attitude.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

ROFL

He did.....
Originally posted by Niners99:
Quote:
mlbtraderumors

lol thats great. too many players lie about awards and act like they didnt even notice. if i put as much hard work in as he did all year and won the CY id be jumping around too. nice to see a player with an honest reaction, because we known 95% of the guys who say "well yeah its nice, but i didnt even think about it until they called me" are liars. everyone wants to be recognized in their craft.

Timmy had the same reaction minus the crying I thought.
Share 49ersWebzone