LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Having a Boche relapse again....

I keep hearing everybody bag on coach Singletary but yet every week the team gets up and fights hard. I don't understand fans sometimes. It's apparent that yes we lost many games we should have won, and had a bad situation at qb and at OC since the beginning. But for all of this he still has this team up beat and ready to play.

Boche went thru the same thing with the giants mid season. Talking about letting players go, and not pressing the point of bringing in more valuable players and maybe not being the coach of the future. But then...they went on a tear and made things look easy in the post season to the chammmp-sons!

In retrospection, as we all know who watch football every season, a football team is not good without a quarterback to get them there. He hitched a ride with alex, and now FINALLY removed him thru injury and we are hopefully and seemingly on the right track!
Who is Boche?!
Don't even compare singletary to Bochy. Bochy made moves that turned out right damn near all the time and got a team to the post season, then won the world series. Singletary can't even make in game adjustments and tampers with the offense. Singletary's a f**king joke.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:
Who is Boche?!

a french guy
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Don't even compare singletary to Bochy. Bochy made moves that turned out right damn near all the time and got a team to the post season, then won the world series. Singletary can't even make in game adjustments and tampers with the offense. Singletary's a f**king joke.

Bochy also has much more experience in the coaching and took another team to the world series. Sing aint done jack s**t as a coach.
Uh, Bruce Bochy has taken two teams to the World Series and brought the first trophy ever to San Francisco. Don't compare a wind bag like Singletary to him.
No I think it is valid. ONLY because midseason people were questioning some of the moves boche made. Media and fans regressed and finally hit stride towards the latter part of the season. But yes Boche did make timely changes in the post season. But we are talking about regular season lol.
Originally posted by susweel:
Who is Boche?!

a french guy

lol
Would be great if we could have that happen here!

One thing to add Bochy is a Manager Singletary is not able to do that. He has no strategy and is too hard headed to change, that is the opposite of Bochy. Bochy proved he could make changes and did so throughout the year and got it right when it counted. I highly doubt Singletary could do that but who knows.
Originally posted by thaakingd:
No I think it is valid. ONLY because midseason people were questioning some of the moves boche made. Media and fans regressed and finally hit stride towards the latter part of the season. But yes Boche did make timely changes in the post season. But we are talking about regular season lol.

No it's a horrible comparison because Bochy made moves and adjustments and people were questioning the ones that didn't turn out right but he still made a lot of good moves and got this team to overperform. Sing's teams underperform and he doesn't know anything about strategy. He doesn't call the offense, defense, make ingame adjustments, and he can't even get the sideline stuff with game management right. He's about as horrible of a coach as you can be.
Originally posted by bassmanr:

One thing to add Bochy is a Manager Singletary is not able to do that. He has no strategy and is too hard headed to change, that is the opposite of Bochy. Bochy proved he could make changes and did so throughout the year and got it right when it counted. I highly doubt Singletary could do that but who knows.

Exactly my point. Bochy at times is pretty much a genius strategically, Sing is dumb as a rock.
Originally posted by susweel:
Who is Boche?!

a french guy

lol

A Giant in more than one way. Have you seen that guys head? He must wear a 8 1/2 inch hat.
Problem is a football season is no where near long enough for those types of turn arounds. By halfway through the season you could be in good position to make the playoffs or be out.
Share 49ersWebzone