LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

LeBron....still move liked than Kobe

Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Can someone explain to me what Chad Ochocinco has done to deserve being on this list?

What's Lebron done to deserve it? If you're not a fan of Cleveland why should you care if he left for greener pastures.

Well for starters he's a douche, chokes when the pressure's on, is a sore loser, decided to have a one hour ESPN special to announce his "decision" to "take his talents to South Beach" (aka "tell Cleveland to eff off")

Basically I can't think of another free agent that has done something like LeBron did, especially to a city that needed LeBron as much as Cleveland did. It's not even so much that he decided to skip town, it's how he did it, in a way put the maximum hurt on Cleveland...kind of like kicking an injured dog.

And then it's how he skipped town for a team with two other stars, and how they all immediately started pretending like they'd won a championship already. It's funny.....I will enjoy watching those douches lose this season. They represent the epitome of hubris.

If being an obnoxious showman is a qualification to be hated then surely Ochocinco should be on the list too.
Can someone explain to me what Chad Ochocinco has done to deserve being on this list?

What's Lebron done to deserve it? If you're not a fan of Cleveland why should you care if he left for greener pastures.

Well for starters he's a douche, chokes when the pressure's on, is a sore loser, decided to have a one hour ESPN special to announce his "decision" to "take his talents to South Beach" (aka "tell Cleveland to eff off")

Basically I can't think of another free agent that has done something like LeBron did, especially to a city that needed LeBron as much as Cleveland did. It's not even so much that he decided to skip town, it's how he did it, in a way put the maximum hurt on Cleveland...kind of like kicking an injured dog.

And then it's how he skipped town for a team with two other stars, and how they all immediately started pretending like they'd won a championship already. It's funny.....I will enjoy watching those douches lose this season. They represent the epitome of hubris.

Spot on.

LeBron isn't disliked because he left Cleveland, he's disliked because of how he did it and how he teamed up with the other Top 2 free agents.

Do he do anything illegal? No, and neither did most of the guys on the negative Q score list. But he show himself to be the jackass that he's always been, despite being incredibly protected by the media for all of these years? Absolutely.

If being an obnoxious showman is a qualification to be hated then surely Ochocinco should be on the list too.

Did you even read what he wrote? Where did he reference his showmanship?

Sure he did. What do you think that TV special was?

You guys are wrong about it's how he did it too. Cleveland would be just as p*ssed if he left in a conventenial manner.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 21, 2010 at 10:23:10 ]

You guys are wrong about it's how he did it too. Cleveland would be just as p*ssed if he left in a conventenial manner.

Of course Cleveland would have been pissed either way.

How many people do you think live in Cleveland exactly? His Q score just dropped more than anyone in history. He's been criticized for how he's handled this offseason from coast to coast. You think it's limited to Cleveland? Not even close.

He had a conspicuous (at best) playoff performance in Game 5 vs. Boston, again in the last 2 minutes in Game 6, told the press that "he's spoiled a lot of people with his play", and made a complete circus out of his free agency...culminating in a public humiliation of Cleveland on that TV Special to join up with Wade & Bosh.

And that wasn't showmanship either. Showmanship is a touchdown dance. It's tossing talcum powder in the air in front of the fans before tip off. It's extra flair that's done in the course of performing. That's not what the TV Special was. It was a misguided attempt at building his brand that backfired.

Of course Cleveland would have been pissed either way.

How many people do you think live in Cleveland exactly? His Q score just dropped more than anyone in history. He's been criticized for how he's handled this offseason from coast to coast. You think it's limited to Cleveland? Not even close.

He had a conspicuous (at best) playoff performance in Game 5 vs. Boston, again in the last 2 minutes in Game 6, told the press that "he's spoiled a lot of people with his play", and made a complete circus out of his free agency...culminating in a public humiliation of Cleveland on that TV Special to join up with Wade & Bosh.

And that wasn't showmanship either. Showmanship is a touchdown dance. It's tossing talcum powder in the air in front of the fans before tip off. It's extra flair that's done in the course of performing. That's not what the TV Special was. It was a misguided attempt at building his brand that backfired.

Lebron was trying to make his signing into a spectacle for everyone to see. I'd call that showmanship.

Cleveland is the only city that has the right to be p*ssed at Lebron. Everyone else is just looking for reasons to hate the guy, and quite frankly they're no better than the reasons people hate Ochocinco.
Lebron was trying to make his signing into a spectacle for everyone to see. I'd call that showmanship.

Cleveland is the only city that has the right to be p*ssed at Lebron. Everyone else is just looking for reasons to hate the guy, and quite frankly they're no better than the reasons people hate Ochocinco.

People aren't pissed at LeBron, they dislike him for what he did by publicly humiliating Cleveland the way that he did, and then trying to form an All-Star team in Miami.

The poll isn't about being pissed. Cleveland's pissed, but others are sympathetic and think it was a dick move by LeBron. LeBron had the highest likability rating in the history of the Q score prior to the playoffs this year. Do you really think that suddenly people decided that they were going to dislike him, or did he do something to cause that?

People aren't pissed at LeBron, they dislike him for what he did by publicly humiliating Cleveland the way that he did, and then trying to form an All-Star team in Miami.

The poll isn't about being pissed. Cleveland's pissed, but others are sympathetic and think it was a dick move by LeBron. LeBron had the highest likability rating in the history of the Q score prior to the playoffs this year. Do you really think that suddenly people decided that they were going to dislike him, or did he do something to cause that?

You're right this move is the reason why he's disliked. Doesn't make it a rational reason though.

He left to Miami so he has better chance at winning rings. Big deal. I wonder if the same dislike was spewed towards Shaq when he left Orlando to go to LA.

You ever hear him say "child please"?

You're right this move is the reason why he's disliked. Doesn't make it a rational reason though.

He left to Miami so he has better chance at winning rings. Big deal. I wonder if the same dislike was spewed towards Shaq when he left Orlando to go to LA.

I definitely agree that the backlash toward LeBron hasn't been commensurate with the "crime" that he committed. My personal reaction was both "Damn, that's cold-blooded" for setting up a special to announce that he was leaving his home town, and "LeBron, you weenie" for teaming up with Wade. But ultimately I didn't think it was a big deal, and I've been shaking my head at the reaction.

However, the difference between him, Shaq, & Ochocinco is that the latter two didn't publicly humiliate anyone the way that LeBron did. That TV Special was one of the dumbest ideas in the history of sports marketing.

I definitely agree that the backlash toward LeBron hasn't been commensurate with the "crime" that he committed. My personal reaction was both "Damn, that's cold-blooded" for setting up a special to announce that he was leaving his home town, and "LeBron, you weenie" for teaming up with Wade. But ultimately I didn't think it was a big deal, and I've been shaking my head at the reaction.

However, the difference between him, Shaq, & Ochocinco is that the latter two didn't publicly humiliate anyone the way that LeBron did. That TV Special was one of the dumbest ideas in the history of sports marketing.

I'll never root for him again, then again I'm an Ohioan. I didn't have a problem with the show, just I agree with Barkley on this one. Lebron is in the prime of his career no need to be a ring whore just yet.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 21, 2010 at 12:05:41 ]
Originally posted by dobo:
But LeBron did it for the Boys & Girls Club.

I thought he did it for Vitamin Water.

Why do people have to caption photos that speak for themselves? It's annoying, especially when they do it wrong.
lebron is hated cause hes a douch

kobe is hated ccause hes too good
Of course he is. Lebron hasn't beaten anyone yet, Kobe has beaten the city of New Jersey, Philadelphia, Indiana, Orlando, and Boston. Clearly, 5 more cities of people that hate you because you own them is much more detrimental to your reputation than losing to one, san antonio.

We really gotta stop this Lebron Kobe debate. Thats like a............ Dan Marino Joe Montana debate.

[ Edited by DynastyChile on Sep 21, 2010 at 23:05:06 ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

kobe is hated ccause hes too good

^^^the epitome of cluelessness.
Share 49ersWebzone