There are 127 users in the forums

Hitting Triple Crown in MLB vs Avg Triple Double in NBA, which will happen first

Hitting Triple Crown in MLB vs Avg Triple Double in NBA, which will happen first

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Which is more likely to happen first...

A player averaging a triple double in the NBA for an entire season (not done since Oscar Robertson in 67 who was the only player to do it)

Or a hitter in baseball getting the hitting triple crown. Last done by Carl Yastrzemski in the same year as Oscar Robertson...1967.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lebron will average triple double in NBA sooner or later for a season or two.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Not now. Won't have the ball enough.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

i actually disagree. i tink he will have a better shot at averaging 10 assists. but wiill he crash the boards to get 10 rebounds?

he can easily do it, but it will have to be a goal, so i don't think it will happen.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

He has better shooters, finishers, and players to play with. I actually think his assist numbers will go up. He will find the open guys.
triple crown
the triple crown hasnt been won in 43 years. it likely wont happen again, with all the competition among big bats. people never really get that close once the AS break passes. Pujols is the only guy i could see doing it.

averaging a triple double is something nba players are coming closer to doing every year as the league gets more and more offensive.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Aug 15, 2010 at 12:18:52 ]
In the history of Basketball Oscar Robertson is the only player achieve average a triple double for a season. During the 1961–62 season, Robertson averaged 30.8 points, 12.5 rebounds, and 11.4 assists per game. At the end of that season and each season through 1964–65, Robertson's cumulative career averages were a triple-double.

In the History of Baseball, 15 hitters (ave. hr, rbi) have done it, the last two in 1966 and 1967. 35 Pitchers (W, K, ERA) have captured their Triple crown.

So the odds favor it happening in Baseball before football.
Originally posted by BigRon:
In the history of Basketball Oscar Robertson is the only player achieve average a triple double for a season. During the 1961–62 season, Robertson averaged 30.8 points, 12.5 rebounds, and 11.4 assists per game. At the end of that season and each season through 1964–65, Robertson's cumulative career averages were a triple-double.

In the History of Baseball, 15 hitters (ave. hr, rbi) have done it, the last two in 1966 and 1967. 35 Pitchers (W, K, ERA) have captured their Triple crown.

haha nice.

but if u look at alot of those triple crown winners back in the day, they won with like a .301 average.

the game has changed. no one has been close in a long time.

triple double just seems like it could be done because u dont have to lead the league in any category.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

haha nice.

but if u look at alot of those triple crown winners back in the day, they won with like a .301 average.

the game has changed. no one has been close in a long time.

triple double just seems like it could be done because u dont have to lead the league in any category.

hahaha, oops. the game was on my mind. lol

Neither is likely to happen. Ever.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Exactly.

If Lebron couldn't average a triple double when he was getting the ball every possession for the Cavs, he's not going to ever average a triple double.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

He has better shooters, finishers, and players to play with. I actually think his assist numbers will go up. He will find the open guys.

You need to have the ball in your hands A LOT to average 10 assists per game.

I agree Ron. I could see Albert Pujols winning the triple crown way way before I could see LeBron averaging a triple double. I doubt either happens but the triple crown is more likely in my opinion.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

i actually disagree. i tink he will have a better shot at averaging 10 assists. but wiill he crash the boards to get 10 rebounds?

he can easily do it, but it will have to be a goal, so i don't think it will happen.

Bron can get the 10 boards, bosh aint gonna do s**t
Share 49ersWebzone