There are 208 users in the forums

NBA Playoffs R2: #3 Suns vs #7 Spurs Thread

• ZRF80
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Our bench didn't play nearly as well as they're capable of playing. There's nobody on the Spurs who can guard Amare one-on-one.

The only big advantage the Spurs have is the psychological battle: They kept cutting to show the Phoenix crowd in last night's game, and I shook my head in disappointment every time. Every fan there looked like they were scared for their lives.

f**king pussies.

When Brett Favre threw the "supposed" gamewinning touchdown to Antonio Freeman in the 1998 NFC Wildcard game wih less than 2 minutes left, didnt you feel a little scared as well ?

I know these are completely 2 different teams, but in all honesty SA has been our Achilles heel. Nash/Stoudemire could have had at least 2 rings in the past decade if not for them.

I wasnt scared, but I was hella pissed that Gentry didnt nail the coffin shut when he had a chance on multiple occasions last night.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Sixth is right about the fans, they looked scared. Fat and scared.

Did you see the cut to the guy who looked like he just saw his mom get raped when the Spurs went up 3? I think he had like nachos in his lap, and he was just like
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Alvin Gentry has got to do a better job on rotating our guys. I know that he's trying to give some of the older guys (Nash, Hill) rest on the bench, but you cant let the Spurs come ALL the way back from a 13 and 14 point deficit before you bring back your starters.

This is what gives Pop an advantage over Gentry. Everytime the Suns go on a 6-0 run, he calls a TO and switches his lineup. The Suns never see the same core of guys on both ends of a TO. Meanwhile, Gentry opts:

winning by 14..........keep playing bench
winning by 10..........keep playing bench
winning by 5............keep playing bench
game tied................oh snap, we need a TO fast
losing by 3...............time for the starters.

I loved the line-up of Amare + 4 reserves.
On the other hand dragic has to play alot better.....the blown layup and ill advised three, had me going crazy.
Originally posted by lazy:
Alvin Gentry has got to do a better job on rotating our guys. I know that he's trying to give some of the older guys (Nash, Hill) rest on the bench, but you cant let the Spurs come ALL the way back from a 13 and 14 point deficit before you bring back your starters.

This is what gives Pop an advantage over Gentry. Everytime the Suns go on a 6-0 run, he calls a TO and switches his lineup. The Suns never see the same core of guys on both ends of a TO. Meanwhile, Gentry opts:

On the other hand dragic has to play alot better.....the blown layup and ill advised three, had me going crazy.

After what he did against the Spurs in the last meeting of the season (04/7), I'll give him a pass and chalk it up to playoff nerves. That said, he'll need to start playing better so we can afford to rest Nash.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazy:

After what he did against the Spurs in the last meeting of the season (04/7), I'll give him a pass and chalk it up to playoff nerves. That said, he'll need to start playing better so we can afford to rest Nash.

Barbosa & Frye also played well....I hope it continues.

losing by 3...............time to put in Nash.

Edited. It's only one of your starters that concerns us.
Originally posted by Joecool:

losing by 3...............time to put in Nash.

Edited. It's only one of your starters that concerns us.

J-Rich w/ 20+ points: Suns = 31-4

You'd better be worried by more than just Nash
  • lazy
  • Veteran
wow early start too tonights game.
Thanks to popovich and all of his damn timeouts this game still won't end till 12:30 a.m (MT).
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100505/ts_nm/us_nba_suns_1

The Phoenix Suns, in a show of support for the Latino community over a controversial new state law, will wear jerseys emblazoned with "Los Suns" in their NBA game Wednesday against the San Antonio Spurs, the team said.
  • ZRF80
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100505/ts_nm/us_nba_suns_1

The Phoenix Suns, in a show of support for the Latino community over a controversial new state law, will wear jerseys emblazoned with "Los Suns" in their NBA game Wednesday against the San Antonio Spurs, the team said.

Yeah, apparently Pop wanted to along with it as well, but it was too late for the Spurs to get approval from the NBA.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Isn't Los Suns about as spanish-ly correct as ocho cinco?
Originally posted by TX9R:

Its should be Los Soles de PHO or even El Sol de PHO would work

Yeah, I don't know why they don't just translate the whole thing.

El sol! Or Los Sols, I guess. Los Sols y Las Espuelas!

Lazy jerks just don't want to come up with a new logo. It's not like the uniforms now have "The" on them.

Lazy jerks just don't want to come up with a new logo. It's not like the uniforms now have "The" on them.

It would actually be los soles

It would actually be los soles

I should have known that. Damn!
Share 49ersWebzone