There are 235 users in the forums

NBA Playoffs R2: #3 Suns vs #7 Spurs Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Greatest gif ever!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Refs aside, that was an amazing game. The best of the playoffs thusfar, IMO. The only thing it was missing was a photo finish. This series has an extremely high Badass Motherf**ker Quotient. I consider Duncan, Manu, Nash, Hill, & Dudley to be BAMF's, whereas I think the average team MAYBE has one. Really entertaining to watch.

Dudley's energy in the 2nd turned it around, and Frye hit some BIG TIME 3's in this game. Not just "set your feet and relax" kinda threes, but off of screens and legit catch & shoots. Big time shooting display by him. Him & Dudley were the difference.

f**k Marlin Wayans and his lanky 3-pointer!

None of that worries me more than the damn offensive rebounds. Foul calls were all good but Phoenix got away with a lot of 3 in the key.

And the small ball worked in game 1 but why is Pop trying to keep with the small ball when Phoenix is hitting their 3's? When a team is hitting the 3, there's no need to try and race over there. What Pop should have done was inserted Blair/Duncan combo or McDyss with Tim to force it on the offensive end. STAY BIG!!!! They are hitting their 3's because we only had one big and the smalls had to help at the basket. Two bigs would have made it easier to help with the pick and roll once Amare got the ball near the rim.

Pop and in-game adjustments = so-so

I hate it when he plays to the opponent's game rather than forcing the opponent to cover our BIGs and forcing them to stay hot on the 3. When they weren't hitting their 3's they killed us on the boards because we were small.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
My notes from the 1st half

1. Jefferson's D is subpar
2. Bonner is a waste of a roster spot. The man is simply unathletic (has anyone seen the way he runs? ) and misses wide open 3s. His D is ok.
3. Parker and Ginobili need to get their asses to the basket
4. Duncan is playing very well.
5. Hill needs to relax. He's pressing things wayyyyy too much.

Jefferson was hitting his shot but he's f**king up the spacing. That 19 foot jumpshot is killing our spacing. He needs to understand where he is and take one step behind the line for the 3. Either way, they will close on him which will allow him to go to his strength, driving to the basket.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Come guys, we've seen this movie before. SA is simply setting up PHX for it's worst heart ripping yet. I remember when PHX was up 3-1 against Houston in 94 and Barkely was talking about the seires being over. They went on to lose 3 straight. They are chokers, have always been chokers, and will always be chokers.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Well even if the Suns win this series ,they're probably going to get swept next round.

This team isn't nearly as good as the 07 Suns.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Come guys, we've seen this movie before. SA is simply setting up PHX for it's worst heart ripping yet. I remember when PHX was up 3-1 against ouston in 94 and Barkely was talking about the seires being over. They went on to lose 3 straight. They are chokers, have always been chokers, and will always be chokers.

why are we taking about houston?
I don't really care about the rockets.
Do tell me though how many times has nash choked away a 2-0 series lead while he has been phoenix. k thanks
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazy:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Come guys, we've seen this movie before. SA is simply setting up PHX for it's worst heart ripping yet. I remember when PHX was up 3-1 against ouston in 94 and Barkely was talking about the seires being over. They went on to lose 3 straight. They are chokers, have always been chokers, and will always be chokers.

why are we taking about houston?
I don't really care about the rockets.
Do tell me though how many times has nash choked away a 2-0 series lead while he has been phoenix. k thanks

I was just talking about my memory of PHX and how far back their choking goes historically. Some franchises just have a knack for blowing it. Until they win one my outlook will be unchanged.
Originally posted by crzy:
Well even if the Suns win this series ,they're probably going to get swept next round.

I disagree with you, wholeheartedly.

This team is more efficient offensively, is better defensively, and our bench is much deeper, and if/when Robin Lopez comes back, he gives us that big guy we need who does the dirty work and frees up Amare to do his thing.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I disagree with you, wholeheartedly.

This team is more efficient offensively, is better defensively, and our bench is much deeper, and if/when Robin Lopez comes back, he gives us that big guy we need who does the dirty work and frees up Amare to do his thing.

I also disagree. This is a better team, IMO. You guys can actually get stops when you want to now.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 6, 2010 at 09:36:34 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I think they only look better defensively because they played a crippled Blazers teams and an aging Spurs team

Points allowed per 100 posessions
2007 Suns 106.4 (13th of 30)
2010 Suns 110.2 (23rd of 30)

I think they only look better defensively because they played a crippled Blazers teams and an aging Spurs team

Points allowed per 100 posessions
2007 Suns 106.4 (13th of 30)
2010 Suns 110.2 (23rd of 30)

I think you need to look at the defensive numbers from February on out - we were atrocious in December and January. Our defense turned around completely once we made Robin Lopez a starter.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Amare'2010>>Amare'07

Amare is a much better now, than he was in 2007.
  • lazy
  • Veteran

Spacing and bench is problem for the spurs...not age. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili look fine out there
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Amare'2010>>Amare'07

lol he was coming off his injury in 2007

Amare 2005 >>>>> Amare 2010. You know Amare averaged 30/10 in the 2005 playoffs with some ridiculous performances?
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Amare'2010>>Amare'07

lol he was coming off his injury in 2007

Amare 2005 >>>>> Amare 2010. You know Amare averaged 30/10 in the 2005 playoffs with some ridiculous performances?
That's so ridiculously wrong. Amare didn't play any defense. I would take Amare this year's Amare over 2005 in a heart beat.
how many points did Duncan have against Amare in that same series?
Share 49ersWebzone