LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 217 users in the forums

The soccer thread(all leagues except the premier league) 09/10

Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by NickV:
It was a helluva game. I still can't believe Bayern didn't answer with their goal about a minutes in.

Milito was in a different zone. Excellent finish on his second goal. Just pure beauty and skill.

yep he definitely was. But idk about you guys, but I thought this game was kinda mediocre, yeah it had its exciting shots, but I was kinda expecting it to satisfy my thirst until the world cup...but it didnt. Alot of stars on the field, not enough action. Ribery was definitely missed for this game to have been REALLY good.

I felt the same way. It was entertaining but Inter were in control throughout and once Milito got the second it was over.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
It was a helluva game. I still can't believe Bayern didn't answer with their goal about a minutes in.

Milito was in a different zone. Excellent finish on his second goal. Just pure beauty and skill.

yep he definitely was. But idk about you guys, but I thought this game was kinda mediocre, yeah it had its exciting shots, but I was kinda expecting it to satisfy my thirst until the world cup...but it didnt. Alot of stars on the field, not enough action. Ribery was definitely missed for this game to have been REALLY good.

I felt the same way. It was entertaining but Inter were in control throughout and once Milito got the second it was over.

yep. Even a week before the game started I sorta already knew how both teams were gonna play, Bayern was gonna only try to attack with Robben, Robben would have at least 2 defenders on him the whole time, and Inter would look for the counter attacks. Mourinho is a winner, but a killer of spectacular football.

*edit* I meant to put Robben, not Ribery. D'oh!
[ Edited by 1251alex on May 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
A goal for Bayern is gonna come sooner or later if they keep insisting and Inter keeps letting them.

Ooh so close! I agree on Ribery though, he'll be the definition of determined lol I don't know about taking Altintop off, he looked like he was starting to get into the flow of the game

omg!!!! Robben! Damn you Julio Cesar!

but yeah, I agree. Altintop started the second half better. Inter is just looking for a Bayern error to start a killer counter attack.

2-0

that was great football. GREAT football.

Definitely, Milito has been in a class of his own tonight.

are you...an inter fan?

I am dissapoint.

Actually, Milan is my least favorite Italian city, but, it's still Italia, which is more than I can say for Germany.

so what italian club would you consider your favorite?

The National Team

While I did watch the match today, I don't usually follow Euro/Italian club teams. WC is a whole different animal, though.

Forza Azzurri!
A goal for Bayern is gonna come sooner or later if they keep insisting and Inter keeps letting them.

Ooh so close! I agree on Ribery though, he'll be the definition of determined lol I don't know about taking Altintop off, he looked like he was starting to get into the flow of the game

omg!!!! Robben! Damn you Julio Cesar!

but yeah, I agree. Altintop started the second half better. Inter is just looking for a Bayern error to start a killer counter attack.

2-0

that was great football. GREAT football.

Definitely, Milito has been in a class of his own tonight.

are you...an inter fan?

I am dissapoint.

Actually, Milan is my least favorite Italian city, but, it's still Italia, which is more than I can say for Germany.

so what italian club would you consider your favorite?

The National Team

While I did watch the match today, I don't usually follow Euro/Italian club teams. WC is a whole different animal, though.

Forza Azzurri!

haha, well alright.
  • NickV
  • Veteran

yep. Even a week before the game started I sorta already knew how both teams were gonna play, Bayern was gonna only try to attack with Robben, Robben would have at least 2 defenders on him the whole time, and Inter would look for the counter attacks. Mourinho is a winner, but a killer of spectacular football.

*edit* I meant to put Robben, not Ribery. D'oh!

Yea I agree with both of you. Ribery was sorely missed and as soon as the second goal was in, Mourinho "parked the bus" as they say lol.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Oh sweet the Earthquakes are on lol. They have been playin pretty well lately.
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Yea after watching the Champions League final then this MLS game.....wow. lmao. The talent level is 10000000000000000000000000000000000x better.

San Jose still won, even though it seems liked they chased the ball throughout the whole game.

Yea after watching the Champions League final then this MLS game.....wow. lmao. The talent level is 10000000000000000000000000000000000x better.

San Jose still won, even though it seems liked they chased the ball throughout the whole game.

I totally know what youre saying. Its no wonder americans dont like soccer.
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Exactly.

I found myself talking under my breath saying, "mark that man, hustle, dont stand around, dont ball hog, get out of each others way!"

Exactly.

I found myself talking under my breath saying, "mark that man, hustle, dont stand around, dont ball hog, get out of each others way!"

This has been my issue w/MLS for the last decade. I've sat in Eric Winalda's seats, with Alexi, both of their wives, my g/f and L. Donovan's agent at the Rose Bowl (then again @ the Home Depot Center) and I still mocked the level of play; saying that if I trained for 2 months I could be an MLS All-Star WITH my bad back. Their play IS laughably horrendous, and I stand by that assertion 100%.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on May 22, 2010 at 5:47 PM ]

Exactly.

This has been my issue w/MLS for the last decade. I've sat in Eric Winalda's seats, with Alexi, both of their wives, my g/f and L. Donovan's agent at the Rose Bowl (then again @ the Home Depot Center) and I still mocked the level of play; saying that if I trained for 2 months I could be an MLS All-Star WITH my bad back. Their play IS laughably horrendous, and I stand by that assertion 100%.

yep. It's like damn, you had three clear options to pass and you went with the 4th option which was the hardest one to do. I'll watch an MLS game once every oh...3 years...when the final goes to penalties and I happen to be flipping the channels.

Exactly.

yep. It's like damn, you had three clear options to pass and you went with the 4th option which was the hardest one to do. I'll watch an MLS game once every oh...3 years...when the final goes to penalties and I happen to be flipping the channels.

I know! I know, right?!?! But not only that, the MLS midfielders' passes to the wings/forwards are no more or less accurate than an Alaskan 6th-grade girls squad. (No offense.)

Exactly.

I know! I know, right?!?! But not only that, the MLS midfielders' passes to the wings/forwards are no more or less accurate than an Alaskan 6th-grade girls squad. (No offense.)

haha, yeah man. I tried watching Galaxy matches with Becks but it still didnt do much for me. I guess it's cause little kids in the U.S. dont grow up thinking "wow, look at Landon Donovan, when I grow up I wanna play in the MLS" so therefore the american league doesn't get top talent like other american sports.
come on toluca! lets get this!
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
come on toluca! lets get this!

TALAVERA!
Share 49ersWebzone