LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 214 users in the forums

2009-2010 NBA General Discussion thread

Originally posted by dobophile:

God is on our side.

Yeah, well the Devil's on ours, and we all know that he throws much better parties.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Gilbert Arenas is incredibly sensitive.

All the people calling him an overpaid, overrated ballhog who would rather blog than learn how to play defense....really really got to him.

He stopped blogging. Now he's ignoring the media. He's passing up open shots in preseason games. He still doesn't play defense though lol.

People should have left the man alone. He was entertaining as hell and a terrific offensive player who was cursed with injuries.

Now watch him take only 12 shots per game just to prove a point, when he could be leading the league in scoring.

He did this way back when with the Warriors and Eric Mussleman in one game, refusing to shoot. Now he's doing it again.

[ Edited by crzy on Oct 15, 2009 at 00:27:04 ]
On a similar note, both Ron Artest & Kevin Durant have gotten in Twitter Wars with bloggers/writers this preseason. Weird times we live in.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
On a similar note, both Ron Artest & Kevin Durant have gotten in Twitter Wars with bloggers/writers this preseason. Weird times we live in.

I want the real Gilbert back.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I want the real Gilbert back.

And I want the halfro back

All the people calling him an overpaid, overrated ballhog who would rather blog than learn how to play defense....really really got to him.

He stopped blogging. Now he's ignoring the media. He's passing up open shots in preseason games. He still doesn't play defense though lol.

People should have left the man alone. He was entertaining as hell and a terrific offensive player who was cursed with injuries.

Now watch him take only 12 shots per game just to prove a point, when he could be leading the league in scoring.

He did this way back when with the Warriors and Eric Mussleman in one game, refusing to shoot. Now he's doing it again.

Gilbert Arenas is my favorite player in the NBA...period...well, technically second because Shaq is my #1, but Shaquille doesn't count since the last 4 years have just been him scratching his a*****e, so yeah

I don't see this situation in the same light as you, as much as I miss the old Gil, I don't think hes doing this to "prove a point". I just think he's trying to adapt to his team and his surroundings and become a better TEAM player. Yeah he could go off for 40 every night but will that win him games? Probably not, its a lot easier when you've got weapons like Jamison, Butler, Mike Miller, and company who can shoot and some can create their own shots, so just coast through the game and set up ur teammates and if the time needs it, be hibachi in the 4th with the game on the line...

I think its more so a "phase" for Gil then him caving in to the media's bulls**t...idk, it can be taken either way, I just don't think Gil would do such a thing...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GameOver:

Gilbert Arenas is my favorite player in the NBA...period...well, technically second because Shaq is my #1, but Shaquille doesn't count since the last 4 years have just been him scratching his a*****e, so yeah

I don't see this situation in the same light as you, as much as I miss the old Gil, I don't think hes doing this to "prove a point". I just think he's trying to adapt to his team and his surroundings and become a better TEAM player. Yeah he could go off for 40 every night but will that win him games? Probably not, its a lot easier when you've got weapons like Jamison, Butler, Mike Miller, and company who can shoot and some can create their own shots, so just coast through the game and set up ur teammates and if the time needs it, be hibachi in the 4th with the game on the line...

I think its more so a "phase" for Gil then him caving in to the media's bulls**t...idk, it can be taken either way, I just don't think Gil would do such a thing...

Gilbert is my favorite player too, and it's not just a "phase"...he really is that childish.

I follow the Wizards really closely. Check out this quote from the Washington Post...

Quote:
In the Memphis game, Haywood kicked the ball out to Arenas for an open three-pointer. Arenas didn't shoot it and later told Haywood that he doesn't shoot threes anymore

If it was just about becoming more of a team player, then he wouldn't be giving the media a silent treatment (which is childish). He would just alter his game, but retain his personality. Gilbert is legitimately upset with all the criticism he has received the past few years after being hurt.

I've seen Gilbert do this exact same thing before. In Golden State, Gilbert got mad at Eric Musselman. For an entire game, Gilbert refused to shoot the ball as some sort of protest.

Read these two posts from the Wizards forum on realgm.

Quote:
miller31time wrote:
Ladies and gents, the new and improved Gilbert Arenas!

I hope this makes every critic that thought he shot too much or was a ball-hog happy.

Now, we have a deadly scorer who won't score. The only real aspect of his game that needed serious improvement was defense and he still hasn't shown that any attention to my knowledge.

If he only dedicated himself to defense like he's doing with this whole "pass-first" mentality, he'd be a lock-down defender. But I guess it's easier not to shoot than it is to play aggressive and fundamental defense.

Quote:
LyricalRico wrote:
Well, I guess this means "Glibertology" is still in full effect. He pulled this stunt way back when in GS for one game and now he's thinking about doing it for an entire season. And you're right - he's still the same half-speed ball-watcher he's always been on defense.

If he keeps this up, trade his @$$ for whatever bad-but-shorter contracts you can find cuz he won't be a franchise player anymore. We'll need to start completely over.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The Wizards need Hibachi back instead of silent Gilbert.

Otherwise I'm going to lose my bet to kronik

God is on our side.

I stood by a nun at the '03 championship parade.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

God is on our side.

I felt up a nun at the '03 championship parade.

Gilbert not shooting the ball.

...oh wait.
  • dman
  • Veteran

God is on our side.

Manu isn't looking so good these days ...
Originally posted by bigfan:

Carmello will be league MVP
Share 49ersWebzone