LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 310 users in the forums

2009-2010 NBA General Discussion thread

Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Cleveland is down 16 to Toronto late in the 1st half.

Make it 18 at the half.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Its Hedo dude...hes god.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Its Hedo dude...hes god.

Hahahaha. Yep. Almost forgot they have the G.O.A.T.
T-Wolves win
Opening Night Double Header gets highest ratings for an opener in TNT history
Bobcats got destroyed by boston 59-92.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
T-Wolves win

Go Rambis!
Donaghy tell-all book canceled after NBA reportedly threatens to sue

"Somehow, the NBA got wind of the project and let Random House know in a threatening-type correspondence that they would object to the publication of such a book and they threatened that they would sue if they did go ahead and do that," said Berdan, who didn't see any letters from the NBA. "Random House considered that and ... just pulled the plug on it."

"The NBA never threatened a lawsuit or anything else," NBA vice president of basketball communications Tim Frank wrote in an e-mail to ESPN.com.

Berdan said the book was vetted, including one final look by a senior attorney from Random House, and was ready to go to press when the company decided not to publish the book.

"Our supposition is that they became aware that the book is coming," Berdan said. "The major houses knew the book was coming. So it's conceivable that the NBA found out the book was forthcoming and it was a reaction to the general information. There's no question that they have a certain degree of contempt toward Donaghy."
Whose the man that will bring you down?

Shaquille

Whose the man that acts like a clown?

Shaquille

Whose the man with the funniest quotes in town?

Shaquille

Whose the only man that can make Lebot's team drown?
I saw both the Cavs game last night and tonight and its getting to the point where I am disgusted...I AM DISGUSTED

Shaq, f**king retire, NOW, just seeing you on the court is literally hurting my eyes...you are so far gone from the Shaq I grew up with and watched with my Lakers, you are no where near the beast that was that Shaq, you just gotta stop dude...please, this really is tarnishing your legacy and hurting me more than its probably hurting you...I love you Shaquille...don't do this to not only yourself, but me...please...

So I know I am a Homer and never denied being one, but just a general observation from last nights Nuggets/Jazz game:

If Ty Lawson plays as much as he did last night, with the same results, he may just win rookie of the year. George Karl rarely plays rookies much, but Lawson was running the team's pace during crunch time and looked really good doing it. As a Denver fan, I am excited about this kid learning from Billups and looking so good early.

Linkage

We'll see if he gets as much time when JR Smith is back from his suspension.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bigfan:
So I know I am a Homer and never denied being one, but just a general observation from last nights Nuggets/Jazz game:

If Ty Lawson plays as much as he did last night, with the same results, he may just win rookie of the year. George Karl rarely plays rookies much, but Lawson was running the team's pace during crunch time and looked really good doing it. As a Denver fan, I am excited about this kid learning from Billups and looking so good early.

Linkage

Guys who come off the bench don't win rookie of the year.
Originally posted by crzy:

Linkage

you telling me a guy averaging 17pts, 6 rebounds, 5 assists a game has no shot at ROY? I only said if he had the same type of performances. What were last years ROY's numbers?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crzy:

Linkage

you telling me a guy averaging 17pts, 6 rebounds, 5 assists a game has no shot at ROY? I only said if he had the same type of performances. What were last years ROY's numbers?

I'm telling you that guys who come off the bench don't win rookie of the year. Backup point guards don't win rookie of the year. Starters do.

Derrick Rose 37 minutes per game (started 80 games)
Kevin Durant 34 minutes per game (started 80 games)
Brandon Roy 35 minutes per game (started 55 games out of 57 possible games, he got hurt)

Not to mention, Ty Lawson is not going to average 17-6-5 coming off the bench for the entire season. That's just crazy talk.
Share 49ersWebzone