There are 96 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by ads_2006:
damn we cant catch a break

two of our best shooters were out - Seto and Pavs

Glad we won though

Take the "A" of Jumbo, give it to patty

I'd say keep it how it is -- maybe the zero pressure being without any sort of "formal tag" of being a leader is what's helping Patty? 2nd in the league in goals is nice right now.

I'll be excited to see Torrey Mitchell whenever he gets back, and obviously it'll be great to get Seto and Pavs back in the mix. From what I've seen of Couture so far, he doesn't look particular fast or agile at all. I suppose he's just supposed to be a physical, jockey-for-position, work-the-boards kind of guy. But I mean, for a forward, he looks sluggish -- Staubitz and Joslin, two other big guys, look faster than Logan. And I have yet to see him even take a shot, so..
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 29, 2009 at 7:52 AM ]

Glad we won though

YEAH! JT is a stiff! I mean, he is leading the NHL in assists, but he's only 4th in the entire NHL in points! What a loser!

Give me a break dude.
[ Edited by DaManRathman on Oct 29, 2009 at 12:25 PM ]
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

Glad we won though

YEAH! JT is a stiff! I mean, he is leading the NHL in assists, but he's only 4th in the entire NHL in points! What a loser!

Give me a break dude.

lol

We probably have different opinions on this, but the guys I want wearing the "C" and the "A's" are guys that play every game for 60 minutes.

Jumbo coast so much its a f**king joke.

Idc how many points he has, he needs to work hard and set examples for other guys (like ryan clowe).

Imagine how many points he would get if he did that. Jumbo can be the greatest in the game if he wants too, thats the problem though.

Glad we won though

Give me a break dude.

lol

We probably have different opinions on this, but the guys I want wearing the "C" and the "A's" are guys that play every game for 60 minutes.

Idc how many points he has, he needs to work hard and set examples for other guys (like ryan clowe).

Imagine how many points he would get if he did that. Jumbo can be the greatest in the game if he wants too, thats the problem though.

Ok, well here's my problem with that reasoning:

The other Shark wearing the A is Dan Boyle. There isn't a single player on this team that works harder and gives more day in and day out than Boyle. So he would be an example of someone you want wearing a C or A on their jersey.

I'll give you that JT has a tendancy to slow things down and coast time to time.

So the players are either following Boyle or JT as examples of how to play? I don't buy it. I think way too much emphasis gets put into the captaincy of hockey teams by fans. All these guys do is have the right to approach the refs for questions due to calls basically. If your team is slacking off because they are following the lead of a teammate wearing a C or A on his jersey slacking off, your team is doomed.

The notion that taking the A from JT and giving it to someone else will provide better leadership to install harder work ethics and hustle is untrue and an excuse. Do you really think anyone who is seriously slacking off because they are following JT's work ethics is gonna change their M.O. if JT is suddenly stripped of his A?

Side note: Clowe sucks this year because he is playing soft, is out of shape, and has his contract. It's just a matter of time before he gets hurt again.

Glad we won though

Give me a break dude.

lol

Ok, well here's my problem with that reasoning:

The other Shark wearing the A is Dan Boyle. There isn't a single player on this team that works harder and gives more day in and day out than Boyle. So he would be an example of someone you want wearing a C or A on their jersey.

I'll give you that JT has a tendancy to slow things down and coast time to time.

So the players are either following Boyle or JT as examples of how to play? I don't buy it. I think way too much emphasis gets put into the captaincy of hockey teams by fans. All these guys do is have the right to approach the refs for questions due to calls basically. If your team is slacking off because they are following the lead of a teammate wearing a C or A on his jersey slacking off, your team is doomed.

The notion that taking the A from JT and giving it to someone else will provide better leadership to install harder work ethics and hustle is untrue and an excuse. Do you really think anyone who is seriously slacking off because they are following JT's work ethics is gonna change their M.O. if JT is suddenly stripped of his A?

Side note: Clowe sucks this year because he is playing soft, is out of shape, and has his contract. It's just a matter of time before he gets hurt again.

I understand your reasoning and you make a valid point.
Avs @ Sharks

No: Seto, Pavs, Vesce, and Mitchell

Avs @ Sharks

No: Seto, Pavs, Vesce, and Mitchell

Translation:

No: Speed or pinpoint shooting accuracy.

He's not a machine

He's a man

Anderson can be scored on
You just had the feeling that we were going to get one eventually -- We've just been relentless with the pressure. Not only is Clowe loosening up, but Thornton is TICKED. Him playing like a madman is a good thing.
Sharks vs Hurricanes 10:30

Nice Power Play Entry

but no goals

At least the sharks are winning

Yeah.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yeah.

I can't take much more of this.