LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

NCAA | S. Johnson drops weight bar on throat

Originally posted by kray28:
People making jokes need to GTFO.

He's lucky he isn't dead.

agreed. I don't care how much anyone hates USC that's just f**ked up.
Probably lucky he wasn't killed, hope he has a speedy recovery
Got out of seven hour surgery; is critical but stable and expected to make a full recovery. Thank god.

Won't play this season, and there's no timetable on when he'll be able to speak again...what an awful, awful injury. Get well soon buddy.
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Got out of seven hour surgery; is critical but stable and expected to make a full recovery. Thank god.

Won't play this season, and there's no timetable on when he'll be able to speak again...what an awful, awful injury. Get well soon buddy.

damn he can't speak? i figured it would be something to that extreme, i hope he makes a fast recovery it's just sad
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by nipplehead:

damn he can't speak? i figured it would be something to that extreme, i hope he makes a fast recovery it's just sad

Yeah, I guess his larynx was crushed so a large portion of the surgery was repairing that. I think they expect him to eventually be able to speak (hopefully) but they don't know when that will be.
Dam sad story
WTF were his spotters doing?
Damn. I hope he recovers and still has a shot at the NFL.

From what I understand, he was probably going to be drafted in the later rounds and I hope he still has the opportunity. Hate to see him to lose his dream because of a freak accident.
That reminds of my 9th grade.

I didn't always have a spotter, and I started out with an old school weight bench and bought an Olympic bar with weights.

I , like a dummy, wanted to know what my max was on a rainy day, didn't have a spotter , so I went for it.
I dropped the bar on my chest and rolled that bytch down my body toward my legs when I failed.
That happened 3 times throughout those first 4 months of benching.
It's a scary feeling when you don't have spotters and you drop the weight lol

you need full concentration to keep that bar away from your throat.

Share 49ersWebzone