There are 174 users in the forums

Should the Little League World Series be televised?

Should the Little League World Series be televised?

Personally I think its a waste of tv time when the MLB playoff race is going on and theres been some pretty good soccer games going on lately. Plus I hate missing PTI for these pointless games. Its great for the kids and all to see the ESPN cameras around them but who really spends their days watching LL baseball on tv?
Maybe they should put it on a Kids TV Station like Nickelodeon or Disney
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
No. Kids sports don't matter unless your kid is playing in it.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Hell no its horrible.

F*** BSPN.
F*ck no.

Baseball takes up 75% of ESPN right now anyway w all the SC coverage on it, and baseball tonight etc. etc. Sh*t, baseball takes up 75% of the TOP TEN plays...i just loooooooooooove seeing web gems like a guy making a BREATHTAKING double play as the 3rd play.

Now we have to extend this grueling sport to 3rd graders?

Plaxico, Mike Vick, Brett Favre, Little League World Series, and the Yankees. Thats pretty much ESPN in a nutshell.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
F*ck no.

Baseball takes up 75% of ESPN right now anyway w all the SC coverage on it, and baseball tonight etc. etc. Sh*t, baseball takes up 75% of the TOP TEN plays...i just loooooooooooove seeing web gems like a guy making a BREATHTAKING double play as the 3rd play.

Now we have to extend this grueling sport to 3rd graders?

Plaxico, Mike Vick, Brett Favre, Little League World Series, and the Yankees. Thats pretty much ESPN in a nutshell.

Yep, Im shocked they are actually going to show an English Premier League match tomorrow, finally.
Wow I can't believe that nobody is standing up for these kids... The little league world series deserves it shot on TV, and since it has been broadcasted for years now it obviously attracts enough rating for the network to justify is being on. I may not watch most of the games, but it beats the 6th repeat of the same Sports Center covering the same repeat sports story over and over.
No but i havent watched espn much anyway lately because of their obsession with brett favor, vick, etc. mostly just watch comcast sports net and nfln now that i have it.
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Wow I can't believe that nobody is standing up for these kids... The little league world series deserves it shot on TV, and since it has been broadcasted for years now it obviously attracts enough rating for the network to justify is being on. I may not watch most of the games, but it beats the 6th repeat of the same Sports Center covering the same repeat sports story over and over.

except when they show the game between and 4-6 PM and i miss PTI and around the horn...stupid
How do they get ratings?

Who watches this sh*t other than their dads and their extended families? Do little kids the same age change it from Disney and sit and watch LLWS cuz they can relate? Is that their NY?BOSTON rivalry? Sorry is just pisses me off MEXICO vs US soccer game couldnt be found on an english speeaking channel but yet LLWS is primetime everyday.

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
How do they get ratings?

Who watches this sh*t other than their dads and their extended families? Do little kids the same age change it from Disney and sit and watch LLWS cuz they can relate? Is that their NY?BOSTON rivalry? Sorry is just pisses me off MEXICO vs US soccer game couldnt be found on an english speeaking channel but yet LLWS is primetime everyday.

I cant tell you who is watching the games, but the fact is some one is. Its obviously profitable for ESPN if they keep showing it year after year, and as long as advertisers are willing to pay it will be on for years to come.

I understand your frustration about the US vs. Mexico game!
no because I don't give a f**k about kids that can't even wipe their own asses yet
Originally posted by teeohh:
no because I don't give a f**k about kids that can't even wipe their own asses yet

just because you couldn't wipe your own ass at the age of 11 doesn't mean you gotta hate on the little fukers
Oh come on, there's a gazillion channels on cable TV these days, surely they can find someplace to show the Little League World Series. I'm not going to be watching it myself, mind you, but it's ok with me if it's on one of those lesser sport channels with maybe the final game being on one of the ESPN channels.
I am in the minority and say yes.

Half the time I'd rather watch the kids play than the Major Leaguers play. I think it's amazing to see what they've accomplished and the skill many of these kids have at such a young age.

I put myself in their shoes, and then it's an easy choice. They deserve that small shot at fame, and I know I sure as heck would've loved to have the same kind of recognition if I was playing out there at that level.

So, yes.
Share 49ersWebzone