LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Anyone watching this Wimbledon Final

I never said he doesn't deserve any respect, because he definitely does, but I still think he choked in the last game of the final set, and in the second set tiebreak.
its a game of mental fortitude and that long match tested both

last year fed broke down at the end and rafa won..this time roddick broke down and fed took advantage

its as simple as that

roddick has nothing to be ashamed of

he faced the greatest player in the open era and kept up w/ him
wtf, just a few months ago people were saying Nadal was the best of all time and that Federer was done and now all of a sudden they're saying Federer is the best of all time. Congrats to Federer though.
I feel bad for Andy. He gave it everything he could and still couldn't beat Roger. Great match
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
wtf, just a few months ago people were saying Nadal was the best of all time and that Federer was done and now all of a sudden they're saying Federer is the best of all time. Congrats to Federer though.

I honestly don't know how people can say that Fed is the greatest player when he is 7-13 against Nadal. You can say he is the greatest champion since he has the most championships in the open era, but player? You gotta dominate your own era first. Nadal has dominated the rivalry vs. Fed, so I have a hard time even saying that Fed is the best player of his own era.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I honestly don't know how people can say that Fed is the greatest player when he is 7-13 against Nadal. You can say he is the greatest champion since he has the most championships in the open era, but player? You gotta dominate your own era first. Nadal has dominated the rivalry vs. Fed, so I have a hard time even saying that Fed is the best player of his own era.

nadal dominates on clay...he hasn't dominated outside of clay. he had a dominating year last year.

there is no doubt fed's the greatest player ever. 21 straight semi final appearances and 15 grand slam titles its not even a question
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iLL49er:

nadal dominates on clay...he hasn't dominated outside of clay. he had a dominating year last year.

there is no doubt fed's the greatest player ever. 21 straight semi final appearances and 15 grand slam titles its not even a question

Nadal is 5-2 in grand slam finals against Fed. Fed won 2 Wimbledon Titles, and lost 1 Australian final, and 1 Wimbledon final. So, outside of Clay, it's 2-2 in grand slam finals.

You are right, he didn't dominate Fed outside of clay, but is even with Fed and is still getting better. Fed is in an era where top 5 seeds have been very weak except the last year or so. Even then, Djokovic and Murray are the next best players after Nadal. During the 90s, there were several really really good players, and there were consistent top 5-6 players. Same during the 70's and 80's.

It's not Fed's fault for not facing elite players, but there has only been one elite player during his era (that too was after Fed had already won 10 Grandslams) and he has a terrible record against him. No way he is the greatest player ever. I don't think it's Sampras either, since he never the French Open.
Originally posted by iLL49er:

Nadal is 5-2 in grand slam finals against Fed. Fed won 2 Wimbledon Titles, and lost 1 Australian final, and 1 Wimbledon final. So, outside of Clay, it's 2-2 in grand slam finals.

You are right, he didn't dominate Fed outside of clay, but is even with Fed and is still getting better. Fed is in an era where top 5 seeds have been very weak except the last year or so. Even then, Djokovic and Murray are the next best players after Nadal. During the 90s, there were several really really good players, and there were consistent top 5-6 players. Same during the 70's and 80's.

It's not Fed's fault for not facing elite players, but there has only been one elite player during his era (that too was after Fed had already won 10 Grandslams) and he has a terrible record against him. No way he is the greatest player ever. I don't think it's Sampras either, since he never the French Open.

Doesn't Federer always choke in the olympics?
why they gotta show that ishhhhh in the morning???

i missed last year's federer vs. nadal classic

now this one vs. roddick

they never show replays either
Share 49ersWebzone