There are 595 users in the forums

**Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread** (ON RIGHT NOW)

Originally posted by ninerpride:
W's definitely need a legit PG, but you have Flynn as the 2nd best PG over Jennings so why would you think the W's would draft Jennings over Flynn.

Flynn is a man child...kid is RIDICULOUS...tho Ive never seen Brandon play...ever...

But regardless...JOHNNY IS AMAZING...

lol, im high on him...

But yeah crzy, why Brandon oer Johnny? This is a great question...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerpride:
W's definitely need a legit PG, but you have Flynn as the 2nd best PG over Jennings so why would you think the W's would draft Jennings over Flynn.

I think Flynn is the better player, but that Jennings is a better fit for the Warriors.

Jennings is more of a pure passer. Flynn is the more explosive playmaker and scorer.

Jennings has the higher ceiling but has high bust potential, Flynn is more of a sure thing.

I just think a Flynn-Ellis backcourt is a bit redundant in some ways.

In either case, I'm nitpicking. I flip back and forth between Jennings and Flynn a lot. Both players are excellent prospects and I'd be happy with either one if my number one choice (Tyreke Evans) is gone.
[ Edited by crzy on Apr 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Rubio and Jennings back to back.

Rubio is listed at 6-4 and Jennings at 6-1

Either Rubio is shorter than 6-4 or Jennings is taller than 6-1....
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'm still stuck on Jennings hype from last year.

Sometimes his Euro stats and the Telfair comparisons scare me away, but then I remember watching him in awe at the McDonalds game last year.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Dar Tucker is leaving DePaul for the NBA and has hired an Agent...

Unreal I thought he could use some more seasoning before he left for the NBA. I guess not...

Mid-late 2nd round pick.

He should change his name to Der Tucker because he's a bonafide dumbass.

Exactly.. Tucker would have been a top 10 pick in 2 years if he would have stayed at DePaul.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Dar Tucker is leaving DePaul for the NBA and has hired an Agent...

Unreal I thought he could use some more seasoning before he left for the NBA. I guess not...

Mid-late 2nd round pick.

He should change his name to Der Tucker because he's a bonafide dumbass.

Exactly.. Tucker would have been a top 10 pick in 2 years if he would have stayed at DePaul.

I wouldn't go that far.

I think I'd be happy with a Jennings-Ellis backcourt or a Flynn-Ellis backcourt.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Sometimes his Euro stats and the Telfair comparisons scare me away, but then I remember watching him in awe at the McDonalds game last year.

Anyone can look good at the Mcdonald's game. He still screams another Sebastian Telfair with his weak outside shot.
Did anybody see Stephen Curry's press conference today? He was breathing so hard into the mic that I thought he just got done running a marathon or something.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:

Anyone can look good at the Mcdonald's game. He still screams another Sebastian Telfair with his weak outside shot.

Meh, the outside shot doesn't concern me at all. Monta couldn't score outside of the lane his rookie year. Tony Parker entering the league could barely hit a jumper to save his life.

-Court vision
-Elite ball handling skills with either hand
-Lateral quickness
-Explosive first step
-Ability to finish in the lane
-Defensive intensity

Those are the six main things I'm looking for in my point guard.

Having a good outside jumper is 7th on that list.

CJ Watson has a good outside jumper but fails on five of the six things on my list.
[ Edited by crzy on Apr 23, 2009 at 9:34 AM ]

Meh, the outside shot doesn't concern me at all. Monta couldn't score outside of the lane his rookie year. Tony Parker entering the league could barely hit a jumper to save his life.

-Court vision
-Lateral quickness
-Explosive first step
-Defensive intensity

CJ Watson has a good outside jumper but fails on five of the six things on my list.

I haven't watched too much on Jennings besides highlights, but what are your opinions on his defense skills?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:

-Court vision
-Lateral quickness
-Explosive first step
-Defensive intensity

I haven't watched too much on Jennings besides highlights, but what are your opinions on his defense skills?

Brandon Jennings' defense is questionable, but on most of the six accounts, he is an elite, albeit raw, prospect.

From what I can gather, he seems to give an inconsistent effort on defense.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I haven't watched Jennings this season besides highlights either. I don't get any Virtus Roma games in the Bay Area.

But I've been following his hype for a couple years now. And most NBA draft scouts don't think his stock has fallen at all despite his mediocre stats in the Euroleague. In fact, many of them have been quoted as being impressed by his maturity and growth from being a flashy streetballer. One of the knocks on him was his character, attitude, and maturity level. But he seems to have grown past that childish stage. He even recently donated $50,000 to victims of earthquakes in Italy. That's no small cash for a 19 year old.

Quote:
Jennings acknowledged that the journey had helped him mature, and he said the rigors of playing in Europe may benefit others…

An N.B.A. assistant coach who has been to Europe and has watched Jennings play said his potential draft standing had not been harmed. “I think it is good for him. He was getting a defensive component that he needed. If I was a scout and I needed a point guard, I would be extremely impressed with what he has done over there.”
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Is Chad Ford seroius? Donatas Motiejunas entering the 2009 Draft?

I don't know anything about him.
[ Edited by crzy on Apr 23, 2009 at 10:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone