LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

**Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread** (ON RIGHT NOW)

I'm usually allergic to white guy Power Forwards who are athletically pedestrian, but I kinda like Hansbrough. Not to be a starter in the league or to be a lottery pick or anything, but I think he could be a bench contributor on a contender. He just has an unbelievable motor and love for the game, and isn't completely unskilled like Mark Madsen.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Apr 15, 2009 at 12:48 PM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm usually allergic to white guy Power Forwards

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I was really big on Kevin Love all last draft and he's top 10 in the league in rebounding as a rookie.

But Tyler Hansborough just doesn't impress me at all.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Let's see for other white guys.....

Adam Morrison and JJ Redick. I could see that those guys would be scrubs from a mile away.

I thought Spencer Hawes wouldn't amount to much. But hey, at least Hawes was a legit 7 foot prospect with three point range.

I don't think too highly of Chase Budinger.

Joe Alexander, a.k.a Vanilla Sky...I was awed by his athleticism. But the truth is, he was overhyped because he was a white super-athlete. If he was black, he'd have gone in the 2nd round like Bill Walker.

Ryan Anderson. Never really paid any attention to him.
1) Griffin
2) Rubio
3) Evans

I am praying that we get one of those 3 players. In my mind Griffin is clearly the #1 player in this draft and would be the banger and power presence that the Warriors have been lacking forever.

Biedrins
Griffin
Randolph

I would LOVE that front line.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by ritchie:
Tucker says he's going to the draft cause of personal financial circumstances. Whatever that could mean.

I know Azubuike went to the draft cause he needed money to help pay for his dad's attorney fees, so sometimes those factors do play in as to why a player declares.

That's fair. I shouldn't act like I know about these dude's lives, and if it's money, he could probably go somewhere other than the NBA and make a bit of coin.

He might have to if he goes undrafted like Azubuike.

I actually think that it's better for guys like him and Azubuike to go undrafted instead of being a late 2nd round pick. That way, no one holds their rights and they can choose a situation that fits them.

Agreed. If he's any good, he'll find his way to the L.
I want Hansbrough to succeed in the NBA, if only so I can continue to call him Giant Frodo.

[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Apr 15, 2009 at 1:43 PM ]
Any news if Rubio's going to declare?
Flynn plans to sign with an agent.

Greg Monroe is going back to Georgetown.
Originally posted by sfgip10:
Any news if Rubio's going to declare?

Rubio is entering the draft according to his agent. "Ricky will be in the 2009 draft," says agent Dan Fegan.

• Money
Eric Maynor will be the steal of the draft.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Gani Lawal testing draft waters.

Him entering would be a huge blow to the Yellow Jackets who wanted to pair him up with Derrick Favors for a tournament run.
[ Edited by crzy on Apr 21, 2009 at 6:37 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11642122

Gary Parrish of CBS Sportsline, like many NBA executives we’ve spoken with this week, can’t believe how many top-shelf players have decided to go back to school this year.

It's unclear whether they love school, hate money or simply believe the best route to maximizing their long-term potential as a basketball player is to spend one more year on campus. Anyway, the bottom line is the same: The projected lottery picks who are returning to school at an unusual rate have simultaneously killed the 2009 NBA Draft and enhanced the star power of the 2009-10 college basketball season.

That's the story of the week.

Seems like every day somebody is delaying millions.

First Ed Davis confirmed he will return to North Carolina, which was followed by Kansas' Cole Aldrich, Georgetown's Greg Monroe, Wake Forest's Al-Farouq Aminu and Oklahoma's Willie Warren each also promising to spend at least one more season in school. Add it up, and what we have are four -- and perhaps five, depending on what you think of Aminu -- near-certain lottery picks now off the table. And when you consider that fifth-year high school star John Wall has repeatedly insisted he won't try to enter the draft despite the presence of a loophole that could make it possible, what that means is that as many as six of the top 15 or so prospects who could be in the 2009 NBA Draft won't be in the 2009 NBA Draft.

Which is good news for Jordan Hill.

And bad news for the franchise that has to take Jordan Hill third.

"I want to say that people are looking at Blake Griffin and seeing how much he improved himself [by returning for his sophomore season at Oklahoma]," said Jonathan Givony, president of DraftExpress.com, a website dedicated to thoroughly covering the NBA Draft from all angles. "That might be it. But more than anything else, it's probably just coincidental."
Originally posted by crzy:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11642122

Gary Parrish of CBS Sportsline, like many NBA executives we’ve spoken with this week, can’t believe how many top-shelf players have decided to go back to school this year.

It's unclear whether they love school, hate money or simply believe the best route to maximizing their long-term potential as a basketball player is to spend one more year on campus. Anyway, the bottom line is the same: The projected lottery picks who are returning to school at an unusual rate have simultaneously killed the 2009 NBA Draft and enhanced the star power of the 2009-10 college basketball season.

That's the story of the week.

Seems like every day somebody is delaying millions.

First Ed Davis confirmed he will return to North Carolina, which was followed by Kansas' Cole Aldrich, Georgetown's Greg Monroe, Wake Forest's Al-Farouq Aminu and Oklahoma's Willie Warren each also promising to spend at least one more season in school. Add it up, and what we have are four -- and perhaps five, depending on what you think of Aminu -- near-certain lottery picks now off the table. And when you consider that fifth-year high school star John Wall has repeatedly insisted he won't try to enter the draft despite the presence of a loophole that could make it possible, what that means is that as many as six of the top 15 or so prospects who could be in the 2009 NBA Draft won't be in the 2009 NBA Draft.

Which is good news for Jordan Hill.

And bad news for the franchise that has to take Jordan Hill third.

"I want to say that people are looking at Blake Griffin and seeing how much he improved himself [by returning for his sophomore season at Oklahoma]," said Jonathan Givony, president of DraftExpress.com, a website dedicated to thoroughly covering the NBA Draft from all angles. "That might be it. But more than anything else, it's probably just coincidental."

just cant beat those cheerleader orgies
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31584

Am I crazy to think this discussion has absolutely 0% chance of happening.
Share 49ersWebzone