LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Thread

I agree about Ariza, and ultimately I agree that there shouldn't have been a travel on Barry or a foul. I'm a big fan of letting the players decide things.

And THAT kind of bomb from Barry is not his sort of shot. Catch & shoot? Sure. Creating his own shot? No way. That was a prayer.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I agree about Ariza, and ultimately I agree that there shouldn't have been a travel on Barry or a foul. I'm a big fan of letting the players decide things.

And THAT kind of bomb from Barry is not his sort of shot. Catch & shoot? Sure. Creating his own shot? No way. That was a prayer.

Yeah but you know you didn't want him to shoot THAT kind of shot, especially at that distance.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by ninerswin317:
Good luck rest of the season

Thanks, you guys too. I'd like to see us matched up in the finals.

You guys will definately be in the finals this year!

If Lamar, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Ariza and Farmar all go blind and lose their arms before the playoffs

Yeah, because we're so outmatched.

Um.. yes? We beat you guys in 5 last year without Bynum or Ariza.. you guys have a better chance getting 5 dollars from a homeless man..

In the pivotal game 4, the Spurs were duped with an obvious foul by Fisher on Barry. It would have made the series 2-2.

Anyways, last year, throughout the playoffs, the Spurs had at least one quarter per game where they went completely cold. The good thing is that they have added some key young players.

This game should have been a blowout but you guys kept making some very difficult shots in the first half.

Your defense sucks and it will show in the playoffs.

Our defense might be bad some games but so does yours and the difference is we can actually outscore other teams to win... something the spurs can't do.
I still think it's funny how Tony Parker keeps getting over looked in the NBA.

Remember, he's only 25.
Originally posted by ninerswin317:
Good luck rest of the season

Thanks, you guys too. I'd like to see us matched up in the finals.

You guys will definately be in the finals this year!

If Lamar, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Ariza and Farmar all go blind and lose their arms before the playoffs

Yeah, because we're so outmatched.

Um.. yes? We beat you guys in 5 last year without Bynum or Ariza.. you guys have a better chance getting 5 dollars from a homeless man..

In the pivotal game 4, the Spurs were duped with an obvious foul by Fisher on Barry. It would have made the series 2-2.

Anyways, last year, throughout the playoffs, the Spurs had at least one quarter per game where they went completely cold. The good thing is that they have added some key young players.

This game should have been a blowout but you guys kept making some very difficult shots in the first half.

Your defense sucks and it will show in the playoffs.

Our defense might be bad some games but so does yours and the difference is we can actually outscore other teams to win... something the spurs can't do.

The Spurs can outscore opponents just fine.

Remember, he's only 25.

Alex Smith is 24.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

Remember, he's only 25.

Alex Smith is 24.

Yes but what has Alex Smith done from age 21-24? Tony Parker won the Finals MVP at age 23.

Remember, he's only 25.

Alex Smith is 24.

Yes but what has Alex Smith done from age 21-24? Tony Parker won the Finals MVP at age 23.

And he keeps getting better.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Remember, he's only 25.

that's just nuts. The media keeps predicting the Spurs demise, which I think is wishful thinking. They have the best front office, maybe in all of sports. Look what they added this year as they were being buried. The only mistake they made was trading Scola for a ham sandwich, but this team will be around for a while I think. It would be nice if they got moved to the east though.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

Remember, he's only 25.

Alex Smith is 24.

yeah. wost comparison ever.

Originally posted by TX9R:

Remember, he's only 25.

that's just nuts. The media keeps predicting the Spurs demise, which I think is wishful thinking. They have the best front office, maybe in all of sports. Look what they added this year as they were being buried. The only mistake they made was trading Scola for a ham sandwich, but this team will be around for a while I think. It would be nice if they got moved to the east though.

The media loves to hate the Spurs. I think this organization will be just fine, even after Duncan retires. Every year we have a legitimate shot at winning the title. There are only a few teams that can say that.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Remember, he's only 25.

The media loves to hate the Spurs. I think this organization will be just fine, even after Duncan retires. Every year we have a legitimate shot at winning the title. There are only a few teams that can say that.

that's why I like them, they're ther anti lakers/ knicks. Just a solid team of team guys that don't crave attention and just want to win. The fact that they're not in a big market only adds to that. That and I was born in SA and used to go to Hemisfair to see them in the 80s. As long as they're not playing Houston i root for them, but they're easy to root for unless you like jerks.

Remember, he's only 25.

that's why I like them, they're ther anti lakers/ knicks. Just a solid team of team guys that don't crave attention and just want to win. The fact that they're not in a big market only adds to that. That and I was born in SA and used to go to Hemisfair to see them in the 80s. As long as they're not playing Houston i root for them, but they're easy to root for unless you like jerks.

Yup, just a classy bunch of dudes. I think I'm gonna go shop for tickets to an upcoming game. It's been a while since I've been to San Antone.

Remember, he's only 25.

I predicted 2 years ago that the Lakers were going to dominate at this time. The Lakers fans were humble at that time and now they think every game they lose is because they messed up or the other team got lucky.

Amazing how humility goes to gooberconfindence in one year.

This is why I like the Spurs: they are a humility check when other teams walk their path.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Remember, he's only 25.

Yup, just a classy bunch of dudes. I think I'm gonna go shop for tickets to an upcoming game. It's been a while since I've been to San Antone.

I haven't been to a game since the Hemisfair days, but I was on the Riverwalk after game 7 in 2005. It was pretty sweet, I was visiting in Houston from AZ when I lived there and watched game 6 on TV. I was actually rooting against them because I wanted a game 7 so I could be there. About a mionute after they lost I booked a room across the riverwalk for 90 bucks. Went with some friends from Htown and we partied hardcore that night. Nothing like being in a city after a championship, whether you're a fan or not. It's like a license to get away with most anything.
Share 49ersWebzone