-
Montana
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 20,566
Originally posted by tankle104:
I do too but I think Brock drops 5 TDs as we have to have a high power offense to really take this one.
Ima going with 4 tuds
-
49ersRing
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 15,003
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Broncos are 16-3 in their last 19 (including playoffs) 
That's nice.
Since Purdy came back from his turf toe injury against Arizona last year we're 10-2 with a +93 point differential (despite a ton of injuries). Broncos are 9-3 in that same span with a +18 point differential.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Sep 29, 2026 at 9:40 PM ]
-
tankle104
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 26,580
Originally posted by frenchmov:
We need some turnovers. 2 straight games without one
Going to need some peanut punches to go our way.
honestly, I don't think our defense is going to help much this game. I think our offense has to do it.
1. Score a lot of touchdowns
2. control the clock. The defense played decent but once the snaps got really high, they crumbled (understandably). So the offense needs to try and control that. Denver has a below average run game, so far, we should abuse that with black and CMC.
-
LayTheWoodall
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,724
Looks like it might be a warmer day we might have expected
-
Dr_Bill_Walsh
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 20,669
I think Kyle studies the KC week 1 gameplan and feeds CMC and Black to gouge the Broncos with the run, which then sets up some key Brock play action passes downfield
We jump to an early 10+ pt lead, but unlike the Rams we hold them off in fhe 2nd half (and pad the lead with the first couple possessions in the 3rd quarter like recently)
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 30, 2026 at 6:36 AM ]
-
genus49
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 28,493
First game since the Rams I worry about us losing.
We're going into this game with a huge injury status difference. I don't know if Evans will be able to go, or how effective he'd be if he's up but we're likely looking at being down our top 4 WRs vs one of the better secondaries in the league with one of the better pass rushing units on top of it.
This is a game where we NEED to get our running game going. I can see us using the old Rams playbook - get the ball out quick and rely on YAC in the passing game and run run run the ball. Need big games from George, CMC and Deebo and everyone better have their hands on point. Can't be letting balls bounce or drop.
On defense I worry about the speed Broncos have but the biggest issue is once again in the trenches. Their running backs are probably the weakest that we've faced so far but their OL could be the best we've seen. It will be a challenge if our DL can't put up a better effort this week. Don't know if we can put up 30+ on this defense with our injuries so the defense will need to get more stops and stay off the field. Don't think this is a game where we can lose TOP battle and win.
Hopefully bad Bo Nix shows up and gives us some turnovers cuz we're going to need them.
-
Crown
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 37,301
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
I think Kyle studies the KC week 1 gameplan and feeds CMC and Black to gouge the Broncos with the run, which then sets up some key Brock play action passes downfield
We jump to an early 10+ pt lead, but unlike the Rams we hold them off in fhe 2nd half (and pad the lead with the first couple possessions in the 3rd quarter like recently)
Broncos are most dangerous in the 2nd half. a lead and something creative on D will be necessary. Has to be a way to get some better pass rush.
-
CatchMaster80
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 20,782
This will be the 3rd game in a row that's blacked out here in Eugene. F***ing NFL and their policies suck. If they actually sent someone to this town they would see that there are way more Niner fans than Seahawk fans here. This town has an old dislike for teams from Seattle because of the Oregon-Washington football rivalry. Even after winning the SB last season I rarely see anyone wearing Seahawks gear.
-
lamontb
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 33,335
Defense has to make some stops and get off the dam field. We can't continue letting teams control TOP.
-
lamontb
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 33,335
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This will be the 3rd game in a row that's blacked out here in Eugene. F***ing NFL and their policies suck. If they actually sent someone to this town they would see that there are way more Niner fans than Seahawk fans here. This town has an old dislike for teams from Seattle because of the Oregon-Washington football rivalry. Even after winning the SB last season I rarely see anyone wearing Seahawks gear.
Why is the game blacked out? Or you saying instead of Niners games you get Seattle games?
-
49ers9797
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 407
Also, will the 49ers have a homefield advantage Sunday? Broncos fans travel well. I'm hoping it's 60-20 in terms of 49ers fans instead of 50/50.
-
Mankster
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 591
I hate to downplay an opponent at risk of jinxing things but I honestly feel good about this game.
For our defense...after watching Nix last week, it seemed to me that he processes slow. Maybe it was just the "awesome" Rams, but when he faced controlled pressure with late coverage rotation (which we can do) that forced him to win from inside the pocket, he didn't...he sucked. I repeatedly found myself thinking, "throw it already!" but instead he'd gawk around and then make a bad throw or throw it in the dirt. Just wasn't impressed. I know that they won, but I put that on Stafford not being able to handle pressure, not some Bronco magic.
On offense, Deebo, Watkins, Kittle, McCaffery, and maybe Evans are more than enough to hang points on the Broncos.
-
GunsUp240G
- Member
-
- Posts: 156
Just need to continue to allow Purdy to Cook and we should be good in this game. Oline needs to continue to keep him clean and the WRs need to be where they are supposed to be on each play.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This will be the 3rd game in a row that's blacked out here in Eugene. F***ing NFL and their policies suck. If they actually sent someone to this town they would see that there are way more Niner fans than Seahawk fans here. This town has an old dislike for teams from Seattle because of the Oregon-Washington football rivalry. Even after winning the SB last season I rarely see anyone wearing Seahawks gear.
Im in oregon too and never seen seattle s**t. There are more cowgirl fans than seahawks fans here
-
BleedsRedNGold
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,833
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
This Game will really show us how dominate our offense can be. It will get to face a really good defense, so it will be a challenge, but one that will show us a lot about what this offense is capable of against a quality opponent.
I guess the Rams D is really trash.