There are 719 users in the forums
Who gets the reps?
Who gets the reps?
Sep 21, 2026 at 8:47 PM
- DRCHOWDER
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,759
Watkins, hes been on the roster for like 2 years time to give us a reason why hes still on it.
Sep 21, 2026 at 8:58 PM
- Predator85
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,415
Would love it to be Watkins, but he's in the annual Year 2 WR doghouse.
Sep 21, 2026 at 9:33 PM
- niner4life21
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,965
watkins is gonna surprise people I think. He won't suddenly get a lot of targets but I think he can get open and make some key plays. No one really needs to command a ton of targets this offense still has a lot of mouths to feed in CMC, Kittle, Evans, Deebo, Black…
Sep 21, 2026 at 9:52 PM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,286
Originally posted by niner4life21:
watkins is gonna surprise people I think. He won't suddenly get a lot of targets but I think he can get open and make some key plays. No one really needs to command a ton of targets this offense still has a lot of mouths to feed in CMC, Kittle, Evans, Deebo, Black…
11 won't be getting his job back once Watkins gets his chance.. DEEVAH should not even be here.. waste of spot..
Sep 21, 2026 at 10:17 PM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,336
Watkins played the best of those and he's fast. He seemed to improve a lot. We have a need. So play him now. What do we have to lose?
Sep 21, 2026 at 11:31 PM
- Since07
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,514
It's going to be Hodge
Sep 22, 2026 at 4:10 AM
- ritz126
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,052
im thinking its Watkins as well he has shown the most in preseason and TC. I think he will get the call up and be active on gameday as number 3 WR
Sep 22, 2026 at 4:29 AM
- JaggedJ
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,722
Cowing/Watkins need to do something to justify their spot. Time to sink or swim.
Sep 22, 2026 at 5:42 AM
- miked1978
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,626
Cowing got 24 snaps on offense and zero targets
Hodge got 20 snaps on offense and 1 target, 1 catch
Watkins wasn't active?
I don't think they have much faith in Watkins UNLESS he was actually the #4 WR but was inactive because he doesnt play ST like Hodge and Cowing. I'm kind of leading towards the ladder as that is what they showed in preseason. We should find out this Sunday as all the WRs should be active and dressed.
Hodge got 20 snaps on offense and 1 target, 1 catch
Watkins wasn't active?
I don't think they have much faith in Watkins UNLESS he was actually the #4 WR but was inactive because he doesnt play ST like Hodge and Cowing. I'm kind of leading towards the ladder as that is what they showed in preseason. We should find out this Sunday as all the WRs should be active and dressed.
Sep 22, 2026 at 6:05 AM
- 49er-from-Yavin-IV
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,826
Watkins can't play Special Teams, and I am not sure how good of a blocker he is.
49ers' WR's must be able to block. ... If he doesn't do that, he's just taking up space on the roster. ... We need him to step up.
49ers' WR's must be able to block. ... If he doesn't do that, he's just taking up space on the roster. ... We need him to step up.
Sep 22, 2026 at 6:42 AM
- ritz126
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,052
Originally posted by miked1978:
Cowing got 24 snaps on offense and zero targets
Hodge got 20 snaps on offense and 1 target, 1 catch
Watkins wasn't active?
I don't think they have much faith in Watkins UNLESS he was actually the #4 WR but was inactive because he doesnt play ST like Hodge and Cowing. I'm kind of leading towards the ladder as that is what they showed in preseason. We should find out this Sunday as all the WRs should be active and dressed.
That's it he is a WR he doesn't play ST so with the top 3 and vowing on ST he isn't active
I think now Watkins will be the 3rd WR with cowing having the same role
Sep 22, 2026 at 7:20 AM
- BMoore56
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,357
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
watkins is gonna surprise people I think. He won't suddenly get a lot of targets but I think he can get open and make some key plays. No one really needs to command a ton of targets this offense still has a lot of mouths to feed in CMC, Kittle, Evans, Deebo, Black…
11 won't be getting his job back once Watkins gets his chance.. DEEVAH should not even be here.. waste of spot..
11 makes too many plays. Bad take
Sep 22, 2026 at 12:07 PM
- sick9erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 792
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
watkins is gonna surprise people I think. He won't suddenly get a lot of targets but I think he can get open and make some key plays. No one really needs to command a ton of targets this offense still has a lot of mouths to feed in CMC, Kittle, Evans, Deebo, Black…
11 won't be getting his job back once Watkins gets his chance.. DEEVAH should not even be here.. waste of spot..
11 makes too many plays. Bad take
Yeah Robinson has been a reliable target and I agree Watkins needs the reps. I just don't think he and Kyle are on the same page.
Sep 23, 2026 at 8:06 AM
- HearstFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,718
We'll have to watch the all 22 to see who blocks - I suspect Hodge blocks, he seems like a tough receiver. And Purdy trusted him on that come back route against Miami. If you don't trust your received you never make that long sideline throw and risk a pick-6.
When Cowing is in, he has speed, but if he doesn't block, he really only keep the safeties back with his speed threat on run plays. OR when he is in, it telegraphs it's a pass play.
When Cowing is in, he has speed, but if he doesn't block, he really only keep the safeties back with his speed threat on run plays. OR when he is in, it telegraphs it's a pass play.