Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 792 users in the forums

49ers trade for DT Osa Odighizuwa

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Man Dexter Lawrence is a man child and obviously better than Osa BUT 10th overall vs a 3rd? Good lord what are the bengals doing?

Yeah, some people said 10th overall for Lawrence and what else? They thought a 2nd/3rd day pick should have been included especially they know the Giants didn't have leverage here.

Yah no way would I have traded away a top 15 pick for Lawrence let alone top 10. Giants now have a huge hole in the middle of their defense.

Way way too much and he wanted $30m a yr which is only $1.75m a yr less than what Chris Jones makes and he ain't Chris Jones level IMO but some fans online are mad we didn't trade for him

This is part of my problem with the way guys are paid. I like that the players are getting money but certain contracts shouldn't be surpassed. Not early into the deal at least. I remember am old NFL Films clip- Tony Dungy (when he was with the Chiefs) is talking to Bll Parcells. Parcells says "I've got a guy who's a 350 hitter for eight years making 900 thousand a year. Now a guy hits 350 once and think they should make 900 a year also."
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,113


Good interview with Richard Sherman. Loved how Osa and the D-line got together and watched the draft. I forget they're football fans too.
Originally posted by Kolohe:


Good interview with Richard Sherman. Loved how Osa and the D-line got together and watched the draft. I forget they're football fans too.

Lol sounds like this guy was totally tossing whoever was DC last year for the Cowboys under the bus
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Kolohe:


Good interview with Richard Sherman. Loved how Osa and the D-line got together and watched the draft. I forget they're football fans too.

Lol sounds like this guy was totally tossing whoever was DC last year for the Cowboys under the bus

Well that's awkward since he's now their asst HC of defense
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Kolohe:


Good interview with Richard Sherman. Loved how Osa and the D-line got together and watched the draft. I forget they're football fans too.

Lol sounds like this guy was totally tossing whoever was DC last year for the Cowboys under the bus

Well that's awkward since he's now their asst HC of defense

LMAO that's right Mike Eberflus is on our coaching staff now. Wasn't Osa basically trashing him during this interview?
  • Yeti
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 525
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Well that's awkward since he's now their asst HC of defense

Was about go say the same
still my favorite offseason move is getting osa
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
still my favorite offseason move is getting osa

I still can't believe the Cowboys let him go.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,294
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
still my favorite offseason move is getting osa

Its a bigger addition than people are giving it credit for yet.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,113
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
still my favorite offseason move is getting osa

Its a bigger addition than people are giving it credit for yet.

IMO almost on the level of Jonathan Franklin-Meyers.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,521
Originally posted by father49er:
I still can't believe the Cowboys let him go.

They had no choice, they're going back to a 3-4
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
still my favorite offseason move is getting osa

Its a bigger addition than people are giving it credit for yet.

IMO almost on the level of Jonathan Franklin-Meyers.

Also cheaper than Frankin-Myers was, I like this addition a lot, I wasn't sure about him, but for a 3rd it was worth it, I didn't know much about Osa before the trade, but for what we gave up vs what say Cincinnati gave up for Lawrence, major win.



[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on May 28, 2026 at 7:56 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,113
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
still my favorite offseason move is getting osa

Its a bigger addition than people are giving it credit for yet.

IMO almost on the level of Jonathan Franklin-Meyers.

Also cheaper than Frankin-Myers was, I like this addition a lot, I wasn't sure about him, but for a 3rd it was worth it, I didn't know much about Osa before the trade, but for what we gave up vs what say Cincinnati gave up for Lawrence, major win.

I can't remember who it was but when his rookie contract was on its last year someone was pounding the table for him. I wanna say it was NCommand. But after I been noticing him every time he would play the 9ers, he and Brendel use to go at it. But biased aside I think he's gonna have a solid year next to Bosa and Raheem Morris as his DC!!! Not to mention Osa will have better LB's backing him up.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
still my favorite offseason move is getting osa

Its a bigger addition than people are giving it credit for yet.

IMO almost on the level of Jonathan Franklin-Meyers.

Also cheaper than Frankin-Myers was, I like this addition a lot, I wasn't sure about him, but for a 3rd it was worth it, I didn't know much about Osa before the trade, but for what we gave up vs what say Cincinnati gave up for Lawrence, major win.

I can't remember who it was but when his rookie contract was on its last year someone was pounding the table for him. I wanna say it was NCommand. But after I been noticing him every time he would play the 9ers, he and Brendel use to go at it. But biased aside I think he's gonna have a solid year next to Bosa and Raheem Morris as his DC!!! Not to mention Osa will have better LB's backing him up.

Oh, no doubt, he's got much much better LBs than he did in Dallas, Fred & Dre are two of the best LBs in the NFL, Fred is obviously #1, and Dre, when healthy is top 5-10 IMO, and yes having someone like Bosa will help a ton, as he'll be getting double teamed a lot.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone