Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 636 users in the forums

MNF 11-24 Carolina @ 49ers - Pre-game conversation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by paulk205:
Who cares where a bunch of bookies are setting the market for wagers? I never understood this fetish with "talking about the lines". It's where the market for gambling clears. Supply and demand. The end. It has zero relevance to the game.
.
On the actual football field, (the remnants of) our defence can't stop a baby crawling towards the goal line. It's all on the O. If they play a clean game we win, and I don't care if it's by half a point, despite what "Vegas" thinks.

Packers were 15 pt favorites vs the Panthers.

oops…

Google AI says you're wrong. It was 13 points.
This is their Super Bowl.. on National Television vs theeee 49ers. They have played us tough in the past.

They want this to be their coming out party. We need to do what we did to the Falcons, what we did to the Giants. Shut their asses down, put them back in their place early. Don't let them gain/build confidence early.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
This is their Super Bowl.. on National Television vs theeee 49ers. They have played us tough in the past.

They want this to be their coming out party. We need to do what we did to the Falcons, what we did to the Giants. Shut their asses down, put them back in their place early. Don't let them gain/build confidence early.

If they're down big by halftime, they'll roll out reinforcements (DeShaun Foster, Jake Delhomme, Steve Smith and Michael Barrow)
I don't see the Panthers punting at all. This is up to the Offense and special teams.
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
This is their Super Bowl.. on National Television vs theeee 49ers. They have played us tough in the past.

They want this to be their coming out party. We need to do what we did to the Falcons, what we did to the Giants. Shut their asses down, put them back in their place early. Don't let them gain/build confidence early.

If they're down big by halftime, they'll roll out reinforcements (DeShaun Foster, Jake Delhomme, Steve Smith and Michael Barrow)



I was a fan of Jake though, fun to watch. Target version of Brett Farve. Hell of a Super Bowl performance vs the Patriots as well.

Speaking of Panthers past, I bought a close friend of mine a Tim Biakabutuka jersey (that I found at a Ross store for like $10 👀).
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 17, 2025 at 10:07 PM ]
How the hell did the Panthers get a MNF game lol...
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Then go ahead and bet on the Panthers.

((But seriously 7-point favorites is pretty high IMO))

I never bet. Nothing to do with morality, I just learned probability in school. Regardless though, even if I bet my shirt on whoever, it would still have exactly zero bearing on the actual game.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
How the hell did the Panthers get a MNF game lol...

CMC talked to a few ppl
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Nearly everyone, including the refs, now that gambling is so prevalent that ESPN pushes it more than actual sports.

I agree, it's disgusting how gambling is pushed through the official channels, especially considering the hypocrisy by the NFL who pretends it's interested about "good" causes women's cancer, the armed forces etc. It would be fun to see all drugs made completely legal, just for the sheer irony of seeing Redzone telling me between plays where I can score the best smack and who the official cocaine partner of the NFL is.

It STILL has zero influence on how the game will play out, unless we can prove that it's so corrupt as to actually make an actual difference. In which case, we might as well stop watching it since the result is predetermined.

BTW I don't want to see gambling banned, or anything like this. I personally never bet on mathematical grounds, and also because I am extremely risk-averse personally. My thing, others see it otherwise. My original point was and remains that predicting a match based on where the gambling market clears is a pointless exercise. We might as well read entrails or study the flight of birds like the Romans did. They are two different, entirely unconnected matters (unless we down the conspiracy theory path, in which case we might as well quit watching).
Originally posted by Afrikan:
This is their Super Bowl.. on National Television vs theeee 49ers. They have played us tough in the past.

They have, though we did drop a 50-burger on them in 2019 which was extremely funny.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 18,584
Originally posted by paulk205:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
This is their Super Bowl.. on National Television vs theeee 49ers. They have played us tough in the past.

They have, though we did drop a 50-burger on them in 2019 which was extremely funny.

I would not write off the Panthers. They have been doing a lot better this year then in the past few years. And lets face it they will be able to pass all day against our pass rush. They will be tougher and could well upset us.
49ers 36
Panties 28
Originally posted by Montana:
49ers 36
Panties 28

Unfortunately the 49ers will have to score 30+ every game to win. Our defense will get one or two stops a game, and that might be high estimate.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
How the hell did the Panthers get a MNF game lol...

Very nice change of football scenery for me. I don't mind seeing other teams, other stars play, but I have had enough of the Cowboys, Green Bay, and Kansas CIty on Monday Night Football.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone