49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 845 users in the forums

49ers select Mykel Williams-DE-Georgia with the 11th pick in the 2025 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'm glad he was able to stay in shape during this whole ordeal....... looks good from this video imo....

Comes back for Seahawks game?
Originally posted by genus49:
Yeah I don't have any worries about Mykel if he stays healthy. I thought he was starting to really come into his own last year when the injury happened which is why I was so bummed out about it. Not only did we lose him for the rest of that season but he missed valuable offseason time to improve further and make a huge impact this season. Hopefully when he comes back he still does that.

I guess I will be the worry wart of this group. It's my opinion that it's a big risk to bring the kid back this quickly. He suffered his knee injury in early November. He had surgery a week or two later. It's not even October yet (though it's close). The 49ers are putting the kid into harm's way. Is he really ready? I don't think Bosa was. Sure, he had a good game against the Rams. But, after that? And now he's out with a mysterious "calf injury?" Or, could it be the 49ers rushed him back a tad too early? I would hate to see Mykel get hurt again. With the 3-0 start to the season, would waiting another month be too much to ask?
I know week 5 is Seattle, but I'd wait. Do two weeks of full out practice to see how he responds. Super cautious but look at Bosa. Speaking of which, I wonder if the signs of the calf strain started showing up in week 2? Yet another reason why we want Mykel having two full throttle practices.
Hope he's ready for @Seattle
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by genus49:
Yeah I don't have any worries about Mykel if he stays healthy. I thought he was starting to really come into his own last year when the injury happened which is why I was so bummed out about it. Not only did we lose him for the rest of that season but he missed valuable offseason time to improve further and make a huge impact this season. Hopefully when he comes back he still does that.

I guess I will be the worry wart of this group. It's my opinion that it's a big risk to bring the kid back this quickly. He suffered his knee injury in early November. He had surgery a week or two later. It's not even October yet (though it's close). The 49ers are putting the kid into harm's way. Is he really ready? I don't think Bosa was. Sure, he had a good game against the Rams. But, after that? And now he's out with a mysterious "calf injury?" Or, could it be the 49ers rushed him back a tad too early? I would hate to see Mykel get hurt again. With the 3-0 start to the season, would waiting another month be too much to ask?

Fair to have concerns but Mykel is 22 years old and suffered the injury when he was 21. Bosa came back from his first ACL in the NFL and played all year in dominant fashion. This latest setback for him is another issue all together. Not saying Mykel will be back without issues but being younger and not having setbacks like Nick did this year could mean he's ok to go.

I wish I could say I trust our docs but simply hoping Mykel will be good cuz he's young and didn't have prior issues with that knee.

just looked it up Rashan Gary is a good comp as well maybe. He tore his ACL in 2022 also week 9 that season. He actually came back in time for camp and played every game that season(arguably his best season for the Packers)

Just gotta hope Mykel's doctor worked magic and Mykel did his part in rehab and conditioning.
[ Edited by genus49 on Sep 30, 2026 at 5:52 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I know week 5 is Seattle, but I'd wait. Do two weeks of full out practice to see how he responds. Super cautious but look at Bosa. Speaking of which, I wonder if the signs of the calf strain started showing up in week 2? Yet another reason why we want Mykel having two full throttle practices.

He's been ready. They put him on IR for roster reasons.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'm glad he was able to stay in shape during this whole ordeal....... looks good from this video imo....

Comes back for Seahawks game?

Definitely will need him that game.
Originally posted by Montana:
Comes back for Seahawks game?

Woukd be wonderful if him and Bosa came back. The d line will be very good once Bosa and Mykel are bookending it.

Bosa - Osa - Helton - Mykel williams

i like that. With white being a pass rusher.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone