There are 114 users in the forums

6'7" TE MASON PLINE , FURMAN ,UFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
His size is nice but can he get open? How good are his hands? He wasn't a highly rated player so you have to wonder why with all that size.

Because he's played football for one year total, he's not fast, he badly needs to be coached up on everything, especially blocking. Best case scenario he makes it to the practice squad.

Someone somewhere felt he was worth investing the time to teach him all that.

Given the struggles the FO has had finding quality TEs (they fell into Kitlle by coincidence), I am not all that confident but would be glad to be wrong.
Originally posted by dj43:
His size is nice but can he get open? How good are his hands? He wasn't a highly rated player so you have to wonder why with all that size.

Because he's played football for one year total, he's not fast, he badly needs to be coached up on everything, especially blocking. Best case scenario he makes it to the practice squad.

Given the struggles the FO has had finding quality TEs (they fell into Kitlle by coincidence), I am not all that confident but would be glad to be wrong.

Ditto
My cousin just recently graduated from Furman. I asked her about him, she had no clue. She just gets drunk at the games
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on May 9, 2024 at 8:53 AM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
My cousin just recently graduated from Furman. I asked her about him, she had no clue. She just gets drunk at the games

Sounds like a fun date but a lousy source of info.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Sounds like a fun date but a lousy source of info.

Ya was hoping to provide some good scouting info
Originally posted by dj43:

He's certainly worth a shot with that size. I disagree that they've struggled to find another TE. With Kittle being relatively young the past few years and one of the best in the league, I doubt the prioritized that spot much. Every TE they've drafted has been more for the backup roll and they've done that.
Pline will be on the PS
Latu is likely another high round bust stupid pick developmental TE

They still need to find a reliable quality back-up, maybe sign Logan Thomas or Tonyan? or trade for a TE at cut-downs
Share 49ersWebzone