Listen: 49ers Legend Vernon Davis Joins the Show →

There are 143 users in the forums

6'7" TE MASON PLINE , FURMAN ,UFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
6'7" Big HOSS

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/furman/2024/04/30/49ers-george-kittle-mason-pline-udfa-furman-nfl-draft/73496267007/
How about that throw too?

Nice
Hoss is slow and has OK hands ,but given enough time and workouts, he could be an extra Ross Dwelley. 🤞
We could use that I guess. What's the 40 time?
I think close to 4.8
I've seen upper 4.7's and 4.81 reported. He got hurt in Shrine Game and ran at his Pro Day coming off that plus it was a wet track.
He looked 4.8 in the clips i saw. On the Pro day clips, he seemed to be moving better than I saw before. I'm hoping for some rookie camp reports on how he looks from the one open day.
Originally posted by elguapo:
I think close to 4.8

At that size it doesn't matter as much. Because he can go up and get it. He can certainly block being so big. He can probably help in some ways.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think close to 4.8

At that size it doesn't matter as much. Because he can go up and get it. He can certainly block being so big. He can probably help in some ways.

I agree he would be a nice red zone target
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think close to 4.8

I agree he would be a nice red zone target

His size is nice but can he get open? How good are his hands? He wasn't a highly rated player so you have to wonder why with all that size.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
His size is nice but can he get open? How good are his hands? He wasn't a highly rated player so you have to wonder why with all that size.

Because he's played football for one year total, he's not fast, he badly needs to be coached up on everything, especially blocking. Best case scenario he makes it to the practice squad.

He definitely has the physical tools to be an above average/good TE. Apparently he didn't even have a position coach at Furman. Probably is a quick learner as well given his mechanical engineering background and history of playing basketball and baseball.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Because he's played football for one year total, he's not fast, he badly needs to be coached up on everything, especially blocking. Best case scenario he makes it to the practice squad.

Practice squad and getting some reps and refining his game would probably be best.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
He definitely has the physical tools to be an above average/good TE. Apparently he didn't even have a position coach at Furman. Probably is a quick learner as well given his mechanical engineering background and history of playing basketball and baseball.

If you watch his basketball highlights - dude can JUMP too. He has amazing skills to be a great redzone target. It'll be hard for him to make the team this year but hopefully we can put him on the practice squad. I can see him becoming a good player if he had a year of NFL coaching and workouts.
Have Kittle take him under his wing. Invite him to TE university.
Now this is the proper way of acquiring developmental players- through UDFA. If he works out, good. If he doesn't, it's also all good.
Share 49ersWebzone