LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bowl Run? →

There are 99 users in the forums

49ers sign QB Josh Dobbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
guarantee you as soon as a QB goes down, there will be should we trade for Dobbs chatter, and we'll be holding all the cards, mwahahah
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Best backup QB in the division.

Sam Howell might be a little better
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:

that was my QB2 of choice
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:

I think Dobbs is better for what Purdy needs. Dobbs will learn the offense top to bottom quickly and be an asset on the sidelines and during film study. He'll be another good person for Purdy to lean on.
Decent I guess but I want Tannahill or even Zack.
Originally posted by thl408:
That 99 yard drive Dobbs had versus the 49ers really made an impression.

This
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by fly15:
Lunch is known to be cheap

where to find this cheap lunch I am interested

Did someone say cheap lunch? Who's buying?😂
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
To me it's changed my entire outlook on how to approach the QB market, give me Baker or Darnold for $10m over Lance for 3 ones. Give me Dobbs for $2.25 m. Give me BP for 950k for 4 years. Build up the team, and find some cheap QB who can run your stuff. The draft is for suckers, like CHI keeps finding out over and over. They took Mitch Trubisky over Mahomes, Fields for a one and sold for a 6th, and now they think they are gonna get it right? We shall see.

Not every team has the coach you have decided to hate on, lol. And Baker had a nice season but Tampa is not a real threat with him at QB. They won a piss poor division and won a playoff game against a team in freefall.

There's no better place to find a franchise QB than at the top of round 1. It's still not even a 50 percent proposition… but easily the most likely spot. The history of the NFL will show you this, as I tried to in the other thread. Relying on medicore talent or trying to find a once in a generation diamond in the rough, is not a recipe for winning championships or consistently contending with rare exception (like having Kyle Shanahan as your coach).

Baker was a 1 overall, right? Does he not hurt your argument to draft those guys, rather than help it? My point being get him the way Tampa did at no cost. CLE paid an extreme cost, and he didn't even get to a 2nd contract with him, they were so desperate for another QB they got ripped off with D Watson.
Originally posted by okdkid:
He's getting $2.25m gtd. He's on the 53.

Nate Sudfeld disagrees
Baker was a 1 overall, right? Does he not hurt your argument to draft those guys, rather than help it? My point being get him the way Tampa did at no cost. CLE paid an extreme cost, and he didn't even get to a 2nd contract with him, they were so desperate for another QB they got ripped off with D Watson.

Tampa hasn't solved their QB problem if they want to win a Super Bowl, or be a consistent contender.

Look at the whole draft picture. The history of selections. You can cherrypick your way to any conclusion if you just select evidence that you think is favorable to your argument.

let's move on, because we've already had this discussion in the JG and Fields threads. Celebrate the Passtronaut.

Great signing. Was getting worried. I dont see the point of bringing in a rookie QB. We need someone that can contribute and win a couple games if called upon. Feel much better having Dobbs. And he will help with week to week preparation and film study.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Jimmy G
Originally posted by q0c0p:
I like this. He came in for the vikings in impossible circumstances and did well. Finally we got a decent qb2
He was benched for Nick Mullens.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by q0c0p:
I like this. He came in for the vikings in impossible circumstances and did well. Finally we got a decent qb2
He was benched for Nick Mullens.

Brutal. Haha
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Dobbs got benched for Nick Mullens
A 2m+ guaranteed scout team qb doesn't sit well with me.

Then again the same FO gave Nate Sudfeld like 3m guaranteed. Imagine they didn't draft a qb in the seventh that year.
Yep waste of money.
Share 49ersWebzone