There are 219 users in the forums

49ers sign DE Yetur Gross-Matos

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Let Kocurek cool.
all gas no brakes...motor
so he only started six games last season?
Can he stop the run?
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
way overpaid

Wonder who else would've gave him this kind of money? I'm more excited about this than Floyd, overall meh for both though.
Who knows what's guaranteed but couldn't the 49ers have brought back Chase Young for about the same money.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Mar 11, 2024 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Someone tell me how to feel about this signing.

Has been kind of a meh player for most of his career but is coming off of his best season. He's still pretty young, has ridiculous length and is well built for a 4-3 DE. My guess is that they see him as their strong side base DE.
initial reaction

Originally posted by DaleGribble:
How about we wait and see the actual details of the contract instead of making snap judgments.

That makes too much sense. So no way it's going to happen.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Who knows what's guaranteed but couldn't the 49ers have brought back Chase Young for a out the same money.

Would rather have these 2 instead of Young.

Do we get a comp pick for Young when he signs for another team?

Can I just be the first to say...who? This feels like a move that is made late in FA or after the draft. Not day 1.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Good friend of mine is a huge Panthers fan and he said this guy been a massive disappointed. So he fits the Arden Key, Ferrell, etc. reclamation project signing
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
Someone tell me how to feel about this signing.

Has been kind of a meh player for most of his career but is coming off of his best season. He's still pretty young, has ridiculous length and is well built for a 4-3 DE. My guess is that they see him as their strong side base DE.

We piss away more money on meh players while we run out Ambry Thomas,Spencer Burford and Mckivitz as starters. On no planet is this guy worth 9 million a season.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Good friend of mine is a huge Panthers fan and he said this guy been a massive disappointed. So he fits the Arden Key, Ferrell, etc. reclamation project signing

That has worked well so far.
Well if he sucks we can just call him Gross
Share 49ersWebzone