LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 178 users in the forums

49ers DC Nick Sorensen

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It was reported that Sorensen and Kyle were the guys game planning the defense for the SB (not Wilks).

If that's true then wow. The only really thing Wilks had going for him was that the defense performed pretty well in the SuperBowl. The play-calling still sucked and had issues but we came out playing well with what looked like a good game plan.
Went to High School with him and hung out in the same circle of friends. Classy dude and a good head on his shoulders. Couldn't be happier for him!!
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
It was reported that Sorensen and Kyle were the guys game planning the defense for the SB (not Wilks).

If that's true then wow. The only really thing Wilks had going for him was that the defense performed pretty well in the SuperBowl. The play-calling still sucked and had issues but we came out playing well with what looked like a good game plan.

I noticed they played 3 safeties the entire Super Bowl which seemed different than the rest of the games. Maybe Nick and Shanny came up with that plan Wilks wasn't on board 💯 and that what got Wilks fired.

NY you got a link to that story? Had not heard that. Considering how well we played in the SB defensively id really like to see that report. That's exciting!
Originally posted by bigbobby49:
Went to High School with him and hung out in the same circle of friends. Classy dude and a good head on his shoulders. Couldn't be happier for him!!

That's pretty cool!
All in all a good result in my view.
Originally posted by English:
All in all a good result in my view.

Agreed. If not predictable. However the Staley wrinkle is a nice bonus I didn't see coming. Continuity again with a splash of new ideas. I like.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I like this.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

NY you got a link to that story? Had not heard that. Considering how well we played in the SB defensively id really like to see that report. That's exciting!

It was from a pod I listened too…wish I would have saved it. I can't remember the pod unfortunately. It was brought up as soon as Wilks was let go.
Originally posted by Jcool:
I like this.

You got your dude in the building

Originally posted by LundyLove:
I'm not gonna say it's a good move or not.

Im not that smart

I will say I'm glad it's over.

Agreed. Was sick of the "soon" articles weeks ago. Just report on something when there is actually something to report.

This
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
I like this.

You got your dude in the building

I mean wasn't like jumping up and down for Staley. But he was better then Vrable & more realistic then Belichick. Better candidates were already hired. Downside of having to wait till after the Superbowl. I did like he kind of seemed like the defensive Shanahan, great game planner. We will see if he learned anything from the experience in LA or not.
17 days just to hire someone right under our noses. Jim Tomsula all over again.

Holy **** what a clown franchise. We needed that Super Bowl win badly. The Chiefs single-handedly turned us into a permanent laughing stock.
Not liking the hire wanted experience to win the Superbowl. Shanahan will go backwards IMO he needs to get over the hump like Andy Reid did with a Superbowl Winning DC
Share 49ersWebzone