LISTEN: Way Too Early 49ers Roster Prediction →

There are 103 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs BALTIMORE RAVENS - 2023 Season Game 15

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs BALTIMORE RAVENS - 2023 Season Game 15

Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:
That's a huge part of it - it's one of the reasons Armstead is so important, he eats up so many blockers and holds his ground.

we should be a lot better this week with hargrave and Kinlaw.

Are they playing? Cause I need a jump kick celebration from Gravy for Christmas 🎄

Hasn't formally been announced yet but I'd be surprised if hargrave doesn't play.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yeah Kinlaw has to step up in this game, 49ers are shorthanded on the DT side. Ravens are going to come out running on the 49ers. Its probably another bend but don't break kind of defensive game plan for Wilks.

We will win if we keep them to 3. It's letting them get touchdowns that will become a problem.
Hasn't formally been announced yet but I'd be surprised if hargrave doesn't play.

Yeah we will find out like an hour before the game or something lol

Gunna put the Purdy jersey on soon..got yours on yet?
  • BP13
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BP13:
defense makes a statement! so does the offense! 31-17 SF
31 isn't a statement, 38+ would be.

I just bet 1000 that brock drops 5 touchdowns!! it's gonna be the best christmas ever.

70-3 SF. is that enough of a statement for you?
Fact:
Without Armstead, it will be more difficult to stop the run.

Fact:
We' had three games this year where tackling was bad and teams had big running days.

Fact:
In those three games (2 losses, 1 win), those teams were coming off of a bye, and it showed. That is not the case this time.

Extrapolation:
Given that neither team has a rest advantage, the tackling problem that was experienced vs the Browns, Bengals, and Cardinals should be gone.
With tackling back to normal standards, the 49ers can suffer the absence of Armstead and limit the damage of the Ravens running attack.
While not as critical as Armstead, the Ravens are missing cornerbacks Arthur Maulet (knee) and Jalyn Armour-Davis (concussion) and running back Keaton Mitchell.

I have HIGH confidence in this 49er team notching another win.
Originally posted by Mankster:
Fact:

Fact:
We' had three games this year where tackling was bad and teams had big running days.

Fact:
In those three games (2 losses, 1 win), those teams were coming off of a bye, and it showed. That is not the case this time.

Extrapolation:
Given that neither team has a rest advantage, the tackling problem that was experienced vs the Browns, Bengals, and Cardinals should be gone.
With tackling back to normal standards, the 49ers can suffer the absence of Armstead and limit the damage of the Ravens running attack.
While not as critical as Armstead, the Ravens are missing cornerbacks Arthur Maulet (knee) and Jalyn Armour-Davis (concussion) and running back Keaton Mitchell.

That's not true. It's all about how far Brock takes us.

This isn't a team game. It's a QB game.

Good stuff man.

To me, it's all about matchups. Our strengths and weaknesses against theirs.
Merry Christmas. Santa Lynch said we've been good this year and we get run stop today.

Lets go. This is going to be an awesome Christmas night.
Les Gooo!!!
Originally posted by Mankster:
Fact:

Fact:

Fact:

Extrapolation:

Great post

I am a bit nervous but we have the best team we possibly could have against the Ravens. Actually, as the game approaches closer, I am less uncomfortable about it. I have guessed conservative wins this year, only to see the 9ers blow out team after team. Who knows what will happen today. I have imagined a couple of scenarios, Moody comes in and booms it, for a game winning fg silencing the doubters, including myself. But I don't see us in that situation. Or fk, we just put a damn thirty burger on these guys and keep them under twenty, if Wilks brings it hard. Which now, I think he is capable of doing but still have a little doubt there. It just seems 1st quarter can be shaky here and there for us, then the opponent shows their cards, then we fking destroy them. Check mate. It's been some really great football and Shanny has grown as a coach. This is a true test, LFG

Yeah we will find out like an hour before the game or something lol

Gunna put the Purdy jersey on soon..got yours on yet?

I slept in mine. Nothing else. Just the jersey. I'm ready to go, baby!

• thl408
Anynoe else drukn arleady? Merry New Years! go 48ers!!!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
That's a huge part of it - it's one of the reasons Armstead is so important, he eats up so many blockers and holds his ground.

we should be a lot better this week with hargrave and Kinlaw.

Are they playing? Cause I need a jump kick celebration from Gravy for Christmas 🎄

I think Hargrave plays but Arik is definitely out
I slept in mine. Nothing else. Just the jersey. I'm ready to go, baby!

Lolol that's the spirit 🤣 Lol, I remember when BP got injured..it hurt like all hell putting my jersey in my closet after that game. Times have changed, it's been so awesome to see him not only to come back, but to come back BIG..but he is BCB, so.
Originally posted by thl408:
Anynoe else drukn arleady? Merry New Years! go 48ers!!!!!

Lolol Merry New Years, haha. Completely sober here. Still coming off that Eagles game where I got totally sloshed. Haha.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yeah Kinlaw has to step up in this game, 49ers are shorthanded on the DT side. Ravens are going to come out running on the 49ers. Its probably another bend but don't break kind of defensive game plan for Wilks.

We will win if we keep them to 3. It's letting them get touchdowns that will become a problem.

Thank God Ravens aren't really known for the Tush Push.

In the redzone, 49ers have to run blitz. In the middle of the field, 49ers coverage have to hold up against the raven's play action passes.

Key here is the 49er OLine vs the Ravens front 7 and their various pressure packages and zone blitzes. The OLine has to hold up and give Brock and his recivers time to burn that Ravens defense. That defense is a mirror image of the 49er defense. Makes sense becuase John Harbaugh comes from the WCO tree under Reid/Holmgren.
Share 49ersWebzone