QB1 - Purdy
QB2 - Lance
QB3 - Allen
Practice Squad - Darnold

lol darnold will probably look better than everyone in training camp
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Prediction to go wrong.

Purdy is the starter, we trade Lance within the first six weeks of the season; Darnold is the backup for the year, and Allen is the number three. In 2024, Darnold walks and Allen becomes the backup to Purdy, and we draft a youngster late to serve as the number three.

This assumes Purdy is fine and developing.
[ Edited by fropwns on May 4, 2023 at 1:07 PM ]
unlike Darnold our QB2, this is a pure QB3 signing with enough guaranteed money to be a fit for the practice squad. He fills in when Purdy is gone this summer. Then he's here to fill out the roster if they later get a good offer for Lance.
week 1
QB1 Big Cock Brock
QB2 Shaggy Darnold
QB3 Brandon Razorback Allen
Originally posted by English:
Nice. Having visited a number of Bengals sites I know know the idiot spin that some will put on this. Duh!

Betweem him and Griese the 3 youngsters should be in a good place.

This
If Brock isn't ready to go, Allen might make the 53, got $200K GTD in his base salary, not a lot, but still significant enough, I was surprised seeing that, as he's the 4th QB on the roster.
I don't know if Allens Camp would be up for it, but if I had the GM remote for the day, I would approach Allen with a 4 year league minimum contract with very little guarantees. Throw in game day bonus of say 50K for every start, and the 9ers have a great camp arm and back up locked up for the next 4 years. This would allow the Niners to draft a developmental qb.
Back on a 1yr deal according to Rapoport.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

underrated signing. This allows the Niners to draft another qb this year to develop.
Now the presumed #2 as expected.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by fropwns:
Prediction to go wrong.

Purdy is the starter, we trade Lance within the first six weeks of the season; Darnold is the backup for the year, and Allen is the number three. In 2024, Darnold walks and Allen becomes the backup to Purdy, and we draft a youngster late to serve as the number three.

This assumes Purdy is fine and developing.

This guy.
Originally posted by 9erred:

underrated signing. This allows the Niners to draft another qb this year to develop.

Why couldn't they draft one with out signing Allen?
Resigned the wrong BA jk lol good move
Ok….i guess. He knows the system but we are not contending with him on the field…. We need the money elsewhere so it makes sense. Pray he stays on the sidelines…
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 9erred:

Why couldn't they draft one with out signing Allen?
Great question. Kyles offense is complex . Takes most qb's not named Purdy a year to pick up. So drafting a qb or UDFA as a camp arm and potential PS designee . Also with the 3rd qb rule teams can put a 3rd qb in without being on the game day roster . Thus more teams will carry 3 qb's in 2024.
Share 49ersWebzone