LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Robert Beal Jr-Edge-5th Round, 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Good player in normal scenario but he's been given the 9ers 5th round power boost card.

Should be HOF by mid season.

Lol good point.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Georgia had a lot more talented players in fron of him, so this stunted his development-hopefully he can be like the Terrel Davis of DE. Needs a lot of refinement though.

Quite honestly, Jackson, Ferrell, and Beal all could take some serious leaps with this team. It might be the best collection of talent on paper, we've ever had at end when you count Bosa and Hyder.

We once had in 1994 HoF Rickey Jackson, HoF Richard Dent, HoF Bryant Young, eventual DPOY Dana Stubblefield, top 100 all time in sacks and four times Pro Bowler Charles Mann, and top 113 all time in sacks and former All Pro Tim Harris. And then a couple years later we had HoF Chris Doleman, HoF Kevin Greene, HoF Bryant Young, and DPOY Dana Stubblefield. So I'd hold back on saying that's the best Dline we've ever had lol.

Lol edit you said at end. Still... Chris Doleman and Kevin Greene are hard to beat, as is Rickey Jackson and depth like Charles Mann l, Richard Dent (for a couple games) and Tim Harris.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Apr 29, 2023 at 4:36 PM ]
As with a number of GA players, his numbers won't jump off the sheet. It's not because he doesn't have talent, it's due to the incredible depth the Bulldogs have at every position. He's got excellent size and obviously runs well. Looking forward to seeing his progress toward a roster spot.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Georgia had a lot more talented players in fron of him, so this stunted his development-hopefully he can be like the Terrel Davis of DE. Needs a lot of refinement though.

Quite honestly, Jackson, Ferrell, and Beal all could take some serious leaps with this team. It might be the best collection of talent on paper, we've ever had at end when you count Bosa and Hyder.

We once had in 1994 HoF Rickey Jackson, HoF Richard Dent, HoF Bryant Young, eventual DPOY Dana Stubblefield, top 100 all time in sacks and four times Pro Bowler Charles Mann, and top 113 all time in sacks and former All Pro Tim Harris. And then a couple years later we had HoF Chris Doleman, HoF Kevin Greene, HoF Bryant Young, and DPOY Dana Stubblefield. So I'd hold back on saying that's the best Dline we've ever had lol.

Lol edit you said at end. Still... Chris Doleman and Kevin Greene are hard to beat, as is Rickey Jackson and depth like Charles Mann l, Richard Dent (for a couple games) and Tim Harris.

When I said ever had, I'm talking about this regime lol. I think this collection under our regime as the potential to surpass our 2019 pass rush from the edge. Then when you look inside, we are stronger at the run, but will be better at rushing the passer.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Apr 29, 2023 at 4:41 PM ]
This is one of my fav picks
Led GA in sacks in 2021, not Travon Walker who went 1st overall.
The 49ers' R+D department came up with a metric called the "GTFO Factor" — a way to quantify what Kris Kocurek wants in edge rushers. Robert Beal Jr. scored off the charts in the GTFO Factor

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Oh Gosh, not All-Done! But it would be nice if Robert Beale Jr. would be another Aldon 2.0 from an athletic and sack point of view, vs that interpersonal and relationship point of view. Him being picked in that magical 49er 5th round gives me optimism about that.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Athletic and with crazy length but still very raw. A ball of clay for Kocurek to mold.

Another guy who can tie his shoes standing up!

I'll wait for the Heroism stamp of approval but he seems super intriguing. I like it.

3rd down rusher to spell Drake and Bosa seems like his calling. If he pans out, it'll be one less Clelin Ferrell we'll need to pick up next year in FA.
But does he got that dawg in him
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'll wait for the Heroism stamp of approval but he seems super intriguing. I like it.

3rd down rusher to spell Drake and Bosa seems like his calling. If he pans out, it'll be one less Clelin Ferrell we'll need to pick up next year in FA.

Agree, they may be anticipating a championship ring and losing a ton of depth next year - so they counter that by *drafting* depth that can't be poached for a couple of years.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agree, they may be anticipating a championship ring and losing a ton of depth next year - so they counter that by *drafting* depth that can't be poached for a couple of years.

I'm listening.
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
The 49ers' R+D department came up with a metric called the "GTFO Factor" — a way to quantify what Kris Kocurek wants in edge rushers. Robert Beal Jr. scored off the charts in the GTFO Factor

I think he will be a huge surprise. He needs a year or so to work on his techniques and moves, but he is an absolute physical monster.

sounds like he was sort of playing out of position at Georgia by being used to drop into coverage a lot, but here he will be used to set the edge and rush the passer.

I think this guy is going to be a monster for us
Share 49ersWebzone