There are 202 users in the forums

worst part about this 2022 NFCC loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have to admit that we also had too many penalties that gifted them too much. We can cry Ref but many were legit. Without a QB can't win sure but there were many self inflicted situations out there that cost us.

A nightmare come true day.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
We have to admit that we also had too many penalties that gifted them too much. We can cry Ref but many were legit. Without a QB can't win sure but there were many self inflicted situations out there that cost us.

Murphy's Law happened. What could go wrong, did go wrong.

Pretty much a penalty can be called on every play.. it's not calling it for one team and calling it for the other is the difference maker
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 30, 2023 at 8:05 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by mayo49:

If I remember right, it was Warner getting hurt, then Brock, then Bosa. And even though Warner and Bosa came back, it was a sign of things to come.
For me, as this link kinda says, we didn't get to see out team compete at full strength, ( losing the starting Qb, and back up QB) and can only speculate as to what coulda, shoulda, might of happened.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/1/30/23577321/49ers-eagles-nfc-championship-purdy-nfl
[ Edited by highway49 on Jan 30, 2023 at 8:12 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Pretty much a penalty can be called on every play.. it's not calling it for one team and calling it for the other is the difference maker

I don't like to use this narrative as it seems to even out. I can't recall the game for the life of me but remember on game day we were posting wow, we are getting all the calls for once. My only point it wasn't a very clean game on top of injury.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Worst part was a real contest never even took place. Undisputed just gave the dumbest ass f**king take about this game possible. You've got a Hall of Fame TE on the show and both idiots gave a nine on a scale of 1-10 how impressive the Eagles were winning that game. Their analysis and commentary was just f**king stupid. Totally irresponsible horses**t to push a dumber than f**k narrative.

It's an accurate take. Imagine if we knocked out Hurts, then Minshew, then dismantled their passing and running attacks, then forced their defense into making error out of error in a desperate attempt for a win.

Regardless of excuses, we got an ass beating that we haven't seen the likes of in recent memory. This was an all out annihilation of the most talented roster in the league. I would give the Eagles performance 10/10.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Worst part was a real contest never even took place. Undisputed just gave the dumbest ass f**king take about this game possible. You've got a Hall of Fame TE on the show and both idiots gave a nine on a scale of 1-10 how impressive the Eagles were winning that game. Their analysis and commentary was just f**king stupid. Totally irresponsible horses**t to push a dumber than f**k narrative.

It's an accurate take. Imagine if we knocked out Hurts, then Minshew, then dismantled their passing and running attacks, then forced their defense into making error out of error in a desperate attempt for a win.

Regardless of excuses, we got an ass beating that we haven't seen the likes of in recent memory. This was an all out annihilation of the most talented roster in the league. I would give the Eagles performance 10/10.
They didn't do s**t on offense. With purdy Healthy, it's a different game

Good example of that was when the 49ers were called for a defensive hands to the face. The Niners D lineman clearly had his hands on the face mask of the Eagles lineman but the Eagles player was holding as well. The problem is they will always call the hands to the face if they see it. Holding is more subjective and they often let it go unless it's really obvious and affects the play.

The problem with penalties is you never know what the official can and can't see or what the willor won't call. They say O linemen hold on every play. That may be true but if they aren't too obvious then the officials don't call it. Unfortunately, sometimes they decide to call what they've been ignoring all day. To make things worse, some of the rules are way too subjective.PI is one that I can't figure out anymore. The defender can't make contact beyond 5 yards but I see players touching and holding receivers downfield all the time. They hold an arm or put an arm around the waist. Sometimes they call it and sometimes they don't .

Officiating isn't an exact science so they're going to make honest mistakes and have errors in judgement. Teams can't keep making plays that give the officials a reason to throw a flag.
We are approaching the 30 year anniversary of the last SB win. That is very hard for me to get over. If the today me traveled back to 1995 and told then me that we are still waiting for number 6 in the year 2023, my pimple faced teenager me would have thought this was a cruel joke and busted out laughing.

They didn't do s**t on offense. With purdy Healthy, it's a different game

It's a "different game" but I don't see Purdy not otherwise being fully disrupted by the Eagles D line all game.

I can't say that 49ers still loose the game, as having been the narrative for a week. But to state we win but for a healthy Purdy is impossible.

That's the worst part of the loss.
We'll never be able to judge this team in full.
It'll ALWAYS get an Incomplete.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Once Purdy went down the team seemed to give up. Not the stuff of champions. Put it down to playing on borrowed time and the clock was mismanaged.

Disagree. They played hard enough to tie it to 7-7. But the defense also realized offensive points would be hard to come by, so they were overly aggressive trying to make a play, which led to the penalties to put the Eagles up 14-7. Then Johnson fumbles the snap, and the defense has to go right back out on a short field. That ended up being too much to ask of a defense who were on the field a lot in the first half, so it's then 21-7 at half. The offense then continues to do nothing, and Johnson is even knocked out. At that point there's nothing they can really do. They are human. They know the game isn't going their way no matter how hard they try. That's not giving up, but rather accepting that you're wounded and bleeding out with no medic coming to stop it.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 30, 2023 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Nothing bad. We had a great season!

The one thing I hate most is fans content with losing.

It wasn't a great season. Stop being ok with this. This organization used to win superbowls. Jed hired Kyle to win superbowls. And he's failed.

It's up to us to make sure we compete for and win Super Bowls," York said. "That's our only goal. We don't raise division championship banners, we don't raise NFC Championship banners. We raise Super Bowl banners. And whenever we don't deliver that, I hope that you will hold me directly responsible and accountable for it. And we look forward to getting this thing back on track."

Such a pisser. The same ppl said this last year, now rinse and repeat. I assume they're fair weather fans that watch the game(s) in passing while flipping the channels between Fox and Discovery.

I can't imagine anyone calling this a successful season given that we went through the same exact thing last year and are 3 years removed from a SB loss that we should have won.

it's a lame take ????

I swear it's like Groundhogs Day. The same excuses over and over again.

You should read up on the Niners Rams gameday thread from last year's NFCC game. Eerily similar comment.

Cant wait til next year !
We're gonna win it all in 2022 !
The future is bright !
Successful season given the circumstances!
Shanny / Lynch has this team set for the next few years !

It's entertainment for the fans. We can choose to be optimistic an follow or b***h or not care. The people don't care mostly are not on this board, so that leaves us.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Isn't that all the time with this team?
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Nothing bad. We had a great season!

The one thing I hate most is fans content with losing.

It wasn't a great season. Stop being ok with this. This organization used to win superbowls. Jed hired Kyle to win superbowls. And he's failed.

It's up to us to make sure we compete for and win Super Bowls," York said. "That's our only goal. We don't raise division championship banners, we don't raise NFC Championship banners. We raise Super Bowl banners. And whenever we don't deliver that, I hope that you will hold me directly responsible and accountable for it. And we look forward to getting this thing back on track."

Such a pisser. The same ppl said this last year, now rinse and repeat. I assume they're fair weather fans that watch the game(s) in passing while flipping the channels between Fox and Discovery.

I can't imagine anyone calling this a successful season given that we went through the same exact thing last year and are 3 years removed from a SB loss that we should have won.

it's a lame take ????

I swear it's like Groundhogs Day. The same excuses over and over again.

You should read up on the Niners Rams gameday thread from last year's NFCC game. Eerily similar comment.

Cant wait til next year !
We're gonna win it all in 2022 !
The future is bright !
Successful season given the circumstances!
Shanny / Lynch has this team set for the next few years !

It's entertainment for the fans. We can choose to be optimistic an follow or b***h or not care. The people don't care mostly are not on this board, so that leaves us.

I may be in the minority but given what this team has done since 2011, I truly wish I wasn't a big fan like I am anymore. It sucks. It's exhausting and just a gut punch everytime...you expect to be massively let down at this point. I prepared myself for yesterday's loss but not ever in that fashion...even if they got smacked...at least I'd have known they played the game and just got beat and weren't good enough. This was a new page in their book of misery.

I've been diehard since 7 years old but at this rate I'm kind a captive fan because I've done it my whole life and I can't separate from it...almost like stockholm syndrome. I don't want to stop following them but I wish I could remove myself more and just be a casual fan. Because this s**t sucks.
Share 49ersWebzone