LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 182 users in the forums

Week 7 VS KC Chiefs Coaches Film Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Well.....that SUCKED. That was some of the most depressing defensive footage I've watched in a while. There was too much bad to show.

Side note - one of the writers for the webzone, WayneBreezie, who also has a YT channel had his channel hacked. He had just hit 5k subs so if you were subbed to his channel, I have a link in the description of my video for his new channel. He needs to get back up to 1k as quickly as possible to start passing through the YT hoops. It sucks that it happened to him so if you followed him at all, maybe give him a little help with a sub. Thanks, y'all!

I know you spend time analyzing film but this was one game where you didn't need to. 9.1 yards per play says it all. Most since 1965.
Well.....that SUCKED. That was some of the most depressing defensive footage I've watched in a while. There was too much bad to show.

Side note - one of the writers for the webzone, WayneBreezie, who also has a YT channel had his channel hacked. He had just hit 5k subs so if you were subbed to his channel, I have a link in the description of my video for his new channel. He needs to get back up to 1k as quickly as possible to start passing through the YT hoops. It sucks that it happened to him so if you followed him at all, maybe give him a little help with a sub. Thanks, y'all!

Thank you. And gross. Kyle's face reflects my feelings exactly.
Originally posted by Polkadots:

Thank you. And gross. Kyle's face reflects my feelings exactly.

LMFAO. The perfect face for this.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
DT's are not a dime a dozen

Gibson is not an answer at FS

Yeah, I agree to an extent. You can't lose BOTH your 1Tx2 and 3T. You can lose one but not your top 3 (Jones, AA, Kinlaw). That said, there are still a ton of veteran IDL out there. So in volume, they are; if you need to go cheaper on a position in team building.

Gipson definitely plays more conservative d/t aging speed and being the last line of defense. He's probably the only play maker too and still is graded higher than Talanoa. He's not the long term answer but Jimmie Ward was horrendous on Sunday too. So what are you gonna do now?
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah, I agree to an extent. You can't lose BOTH your 1Tx2 and 3T. You can lose one but not your top 3 (Jones, AA, Kinlaw). That said, there are still a ton of veteran IDL out there. So in volume, they are; if you need to go cheaper on a position in team building.

Gipson definitely plays more conservative d/t aging speed and being the last line of defense. He's probably the only play maker too and still is graded higher than Talanoa. He's not the long term answer but Jimmie Ward was horrendous on Sunday too. So what are you gonna do now?

This is how I felt Sunday:

Originally posted by Polkadots:

This is how I felt Sunday:

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Quite a few who can add depth and help right now. Even 8 weeks into the season. 10a12

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2022/all/defensive-line/available/

Quite a few who can add depth and help right now. Even 8 weeks into the season. 10a12

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2022/all/defensive-line/available/

Quite a few who can add depth and help right now. Even 8 weeks into the season. Random

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2022/all/guard/available/
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Watching this All-22 is quite upsetting (and not just bc of the crappy format they've gone to)...

Jimmy loses all sense of pocket awareness after the 1st quarter. It's almost like the scripted plays tell him to step up in the pocket. Once those plays are gone, he never seems to move well.
Had Aiyuk open for a big play and throws the ball at his feet.
On the high throw to Kittle on the rollout, could've had a TD to Aiyuk.
On the big gainer down the middle to Kittle, a better throw, that George doesn't have to slow down and wait for, probably goes for even more yards.
Still don't know how Jimmy doesn't see Willie Gay running free at him when he is looking that way the entire time. Gay was expecting a deeper drop and took a weird angle too. Jimmy could have taken one step up and he'd have probably run right by him.
Deebo gets so much attention when he is in motion or in the backfield. You could easily sneak someone into the space created when the defense focuses on him. Could be super easy to fake a toss, pitch, or screen to Deebo and hit Kittle over the middle.

I challenge you to watch other QB's in the league with the same intensity, emotion, and nuance.

Quite a few who can add depth and help right now. Even 8 weeks into the season. Random

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2022/all/guard/available/

Haha. There are a couple good ones in that mix, no doubt who could help add depth and might be an upgrade over Brunskill and Burford at RG. I'd never object to adding competition and talent.
Watching this All-22 is quite upsetting (and not just bc of the crappy format they've gone to)...

Jimmy loses all sense of pocket awareness after the 1st quarter. It's almost like the scripted plays tell him to step up in the pocket. Once those plays are gone, he never seems to move well.
On the big gainer down the middle to Kittle, a better throw, that George doesn't have to slow down and wait for, probably goes for even more yards.
Still don't know how Jimmy doesn't see Willie Gay running free at him when he is looking that way the entire time. Gay was expecting a deeper drop and took a weird angle too. Jimmy could have taken one step up and he'd have probably run right by him.
Deebo gets so much attention when he is in motion or in the backfield. You could easily sneak someone into the space created when the defense focuses on him. Could be super easy to fake a toss, pitch, or screen to Deebo and hit Kittle over the middle.

If you're referring to the screen pass - the ball was tipped. You can see the DE celebrating about it after the throw.

That's a tough ask cause Jimmy first pumps to move the middle safety, then resets and throws. You could make the same argument about Mahomes on the 57 yarder. His receiver had to "slow down and wait for it". My point - you can't expect an in stride throw that deep all the time and underscores how the team has to be locked in for more than chunk plays. The chiefs went and got 2 big plays after the 57 yarder to score. We got holding penalties if I remember right.

If you're referring to the screen pass - the ball was tipped. You can see the DE celebrating about it after the throw.

That's a tough ask cause Jimmy first pumps to move the middle safety, then resets and throws. You could make the same argument about Mahomes on the 57 yarder. His receiver had to "slow down and wait for it". My point - you can't expect an in stride throw that deep all the time and underscores how the team has to be locked in for more than chunk plays. The chiefs went and got 2 big plays after the 57 yarder to score. We got holding penalties if I remember right.

Thanks for the insight on the Kittle throw.

No, the Aiyuk pass I'm talking about came earlier in the game. Was 1st down with 2 minutes left in the first quarter on the possession after the Chiefs scored their 1st TD.

Thanks for the insight on the Kittle throw.

No, the Aiyuk pass I'm talking about came earlier in the game. Was 1st down with 2 minutes left in the first quarter on the possession after the Chiefs scored their 1st TD.

yeah, remember it now. Chalk it up as a missed throw. Everyone had missed ops in the game. Jimmy definitely had a few.
Kittle's TD playart. Just easier to post a pic from my twitter handle.

Share 49ersWebzone