LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 242 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - 2022 Game 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - 2022 Game 7

Jets D/ST @ Broncos

or

49ers D/ST vs. Chiefs

Russell Wilson is out and Brett Rypien is starting in his place. The only thing I worry about is the Broncos D/ST wreaking havoc on the Jets offense and Zach Wilson and creating offense with defense.

Still gotta roll with Jets eh?
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Jets D/ST @ Broncos

or

49ers D/ST vs. Chiefs

Russell Wilson is out and Brett Rypien is starting in his place. The only thing I worry about is the Broncos D/ST wreaking havoc on the Jets offense and Zach Wilson and creating offense with defense.

Still gotta roll with Jets eh?

Jets with out a doubt
Brandon Thorn had the Chiefs rebuilt OL ranked #2 coming into the season and from what DL said, it sounds like it's holding. If Thuney is out, that'll help a ton but it's going to be a big test for the DL today.

2. Chiefs (Andy Heck)
LT Orlando Brown Jr.
LG Joe Thuney
C Creed Humphrey
RG Trey Smith
RT Andrew Wylie
For what it's worth, I heard on KNBR that Jimmy was working on deep throws all week and was really nailing them. One, I hope that's true. Two, if it is why did they wait 5 years.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 23, 2022 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but looking at the all time scores vs KC at home, the 49ers have never lost to them.

The last time the 49ers lost to KC at home was 1971.

Jim Harbaugh will be there. He's great at breaking our traditions...like winning Superbowls.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Gotta love all the SB rehash I'm watching on NFL Network this morning. I expect a lot more of it during the game
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
For what it's worth, I heard on KNBR that Jimmy working on deep throws all week and was really nailing them. One, I hope that's true. Two, if it is why did they wait 5 years.

Kyle. Quick-strike offenses can work against its own defense. Kyle learned that in Atlanta and KC, who we're playing today, is 28th against the pass yet #1 in scoring. But fortunately, that formula is how we ended up with Charvarius Ward too.
Thank goodness for NFL Ticket. The local station in Eugene is picking up the Chargers-Seahawks game instead of the Niners game. Justin Herbert rules here.
For what it's worth, I heard on KNBR that Jimmy was working on deep throws all week and was really nailing them. One, I hope that's true. Two, if it is why did they wait 5 years.

When something is working, why change it? When it isn't working, better start self scouting. Besides, we didn't really have any speed on the outside until this off season anyway. They have been working on the deep ball since after the DEN game. Now is a great time to get it going.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

When something is working, why change it? When it isn't working, better start self scouting. Besides, we didn't really have any speed on the outside until this off season anyway. They have been working on the deep ball since after the DEN game. Now is a great time to get it going.

Yup yup. Adding ANY deep "threat" is really going to eff with DC's esp. when CMC stays in to PP and then flares out for a simple check down for 30 yards.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 23, 2022 at 8:46 AM ]

Lets Go!
Thank goodness for NFL Ticket. The local station in Eugene is picking up the Chargers-Seahawks game instead of the Niners game. Justin Herbert rules here.

I'll have to find somewhere to watch the game. Many of the free sights stop and start every few minutes. It seems the feature games are Washington-Chicago all the time.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I'll have to find somewhere to watch the game. Many of the free sights stop and start every few minutes. It seems the feature games are Washington-Chicago all the time.

Isn't it the fox game of the week?

That's good to hear. It's nice that he recognizes that he needs to work on it instead of just blaming his receivers like the fans here.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Brandon Thorn had the Chiefs rebuilt OL ranked #2 coming into the season and from what DL said, it sounds like it's holding. If Thuney is out, that'll help a ton but it's going to be a big test for the DL today.

2. Chiefs (Andy Heck)
LT Orlando Brown Jr.
LG Joe Thuney
C Creed Humphrey
RG Trey Smith
RT Andrew Wylie

According to the article on the front page they allow a ton of pressure to get through. The lack of sacks may be on Mahomes moving and avoiding the pressure. I really want to see Fred or Huf stay at home s few times, read Mahomes and hit him for a sack or minimize his scrambling.
Share 49ersWebzone