LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 506 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at ATLANTA FALCONS - 2022 Game 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at ATLANTA FALCONS - 2022 Game 6

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Scooper1:
Man, I am an optimism about this team and have often given the injury bug the "everyone has injuries" and " bad luck" tags but this is getting down right f**king ridiculous. Something has to be figured out about the injuries this organization accumulates. This is a trend over years and it's very concerning at this point.

Hear hear. Our D is Elite so our injuries are a lot worse than "other teams" s**tty players bc the dropoff is extreme. Even with our league best depth.

The D is really beat up but the offense is mostly intact other than Williams. I know McGlinchey got hurt in yesterday's game but that's no excuse for not scoring against the 25th ranked D. The Falcons pass D has been allowing about 287 yards per game. Right about what Jimmy put up. There were a couple of big drops and a nice pass to Aiyuk that got called back, but if this team thinks it has a SB team they should overcome those things.
Atlanta first team offense vs SF 2nd team defense. SF offense being themselves. Result: ATL 28, SF 14
The defense gave up 21pts with guys injured. The offense scored 14pts and gifted Atlanta 7pts. The lost ain't on the defense lol They basically netted 7pts the whole game
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 17, 2022 at 10:22 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The defense gave up 21pts with guys injured. The offense scored 14pts and gifted Atlanta 7pts. The lost ain't on the defense lol

The poor containment on Mariota was infuriating.

Beyond that though,this offense No excuse to put up only 14 points given all the available weapons (plus coaching prowess), and a donut in the second half.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
The defense gave up 21pts with guys injured. The offense scored 14pts and gifted Atlanta 7pts. The lost ain't on the defense lol

Beyond that though,this offense No excuse to put up only 14 points given all the available weapons (plus coaching prowess), and a donut in the second half.

Atlanta's defense was getting injured late too. Couldn't take advantage of that either offensively
Originally posted by Polkadots:

Atlanta's defense was getting injured late too. Couldn't take advantage of that either offensively

My thing was that Atlanta controlled the clock for most of the game. It wasn't that the defense played awful, its just that they couldn't get off the field. That's usually what our offense does to other teams. We got beat at our own game yesterday.

And I judge QB play for the throws and not necessarily the outcome. I feel like Jimmy made several throws that could have resulted in big plays but we couldn't make the play or it was called back due to Brendel's holding call.

I've been pretty consistent in saying our biggest weakness is QB play. Which makes sense cause we just spent 3 first rounders to replace our current starter. But I also can't be hypocritical when I see our QB make some big time throws and still blame the QB.

IMO Kyle is scheming his butt off in the run game and quick screen game, but without Trent, this offensive line is extremely average.

The players have to execute. We couldn't tackle, we couldn't block for the run, we couldn't contain, we couldn't cover, and we couldn't force a penalty.

And not enough people are giving credit to the Falcons. They are healthier and have a really good offensive line after years of high draft picks. They were the better and more physical team yesterday.
delete this thread, we on to Chiefs.

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by northoakland510:
Kyles arrogance thinking his scheme will hide linemen that aren't good. Jimmy's inability to consistently push the ball down field. And Kyle drawing up shot plays to backups is pure frustration.

You see the drops I saw?

You see the inaccurate passes forcing receivers to catch with a defender draped all over them I saw?

LMFAO. You mean the ones that went through their hands. Poor take. You b***h when he doesn't throw deep and then blame him for throwing balls right into their hands.

Pull your big boy pants up...your bias is showing.

How is it a poor take when an accurate pass is an easy touchdown, but the ones we got required the WRs to make ESPN highlight "Moss" catches?

What? We had 2 major drops that hit them in the hands.

Two. And we had just as many game losing interceptions.

A Hail Mary at the end of the half with no time shouldn't count. The other one was a tip that probably should've been called interference. The refs picked up their flag. They didn't call the game evenly but you never want to leave the game up to them.

You are right. But it's still disingenuous to pretend that there weren't way too many inaccurate passes. We're not simply asking WRs to do their jobs here. We're asking them to compensate for bad QB play and then blame them and not the QB when they don't make contested catches on inaccurate passes.

It's sad that so many credit Jimmy with the wins, but when we're short handed and he fails to pick up the slack they just blame Kyle. Today's game was a perfect example of why Jimmy is not responsible for the wins our team totaled with him starting. If we want to look at any one player that may be most responsible for our wins, it's Bosa.

Perfect example, and what is this PERFECT example?? Jimmy dropping passes, not tackling, failing to open up running lanes, did Jimmy fumble the ball, Jimmy not stopping Mariota on 3rd and 13. LOL What perfect example. You guys delusional much??

What he is saying is that you guys will ignore Jimmy's mistakes when we win, and give Jimmy credit for the win, and then you will ignore Jimmy's mistakes when we lose, and not give him any blame for the loss.

We ignored?? yet we blame Jimmy all the time it's just the hate you guys have for him shines brighter. Problem is with you guys, you wanna fault him for every little f**kin thing. Case in point few post back 49ersRing just said this loss is 100% on Jimmy. We get it you guys don't like Jimmy at QB, objectivity is just not for you and the others.

If he said that it was as asinine as the "he just wins" crowd who ignores the mistakes and contributions from the rest of the team.

what mistakes? the pic at halftime? The 2nd pic on the pi? the two dropped bombs by woerner and ray ray? the 30 yarder to aiyuk nullified because brendel got trucked like a kindergartner? all that is on jimmy? So glad no one is buying that crap any more. jimmy nott the problem today.
Jimmy had a 36.2 Total QBR. He's was as much of the problem as anyone.
Share 49ersWebzone