LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 181 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by KiwiM:
It's not a great sign if he's getting carries in the 4th quarter. With a crowded RB room I just can't see Mason making the 53 man cut. To me the 4 RBs will be Mitchell, Hasty, Wilson and TDP. Then Juice as the FB.

Not saying that's what I'd pick - just predicting what they will do.

Exactly what I believe they will do also. I think they would like to get Mason on the PS. The guy has shown one good trait on film and has only taken snaps on runs late in the 4th qtr so far. Folks have said reports came out that he has had good hands in OTA's and TC, I think, but it hasn't shown up on film as of yet. He also hasn't been asked to pp either. If that is not a sign that they are intentionally not putting much on tape than they just don't trust him in those situations. If folks don't believe that pp and blitz pickup isn't important to an offense at the RB position than I don't know what to tell them.
In the clip of him PP in the sermon thread, I'm confident he can PP

he's gone if he gets cut.. dude wants to play bad

I went all the way back to the beginning of July in the Sermon thread, what page is the clip on?
It's not a great sign if he's getting carries in the 4th quarter. With a crowded RB room I just can't see Mason making the 53 man cut. To me the 4 RBs will be Mitchell, Hasty, Wilson and TDP. Then Juice as the FB.

Exactly what I believe they will do also. I think they would like to get Mason on the PS. The guy has shown one good trait on film and has only taken snaps on runs late in the 4th qtr so far. Folks have said reports came out that he has had good hands in OTA's and TC, I think, but it hasn't shown up on film as of yet. He also hasn't been asked to pp either. If that is not a sign that they are intentionally not putting much on tape than they just don't trust him in those situations. If folks don't believe that pp and blitz pickup isn't important to an offense at the RB position than I don't know what to tell them.
In the clip of him PP in the sermon thread, I'm confident he can PP

he's gone if he gets cut.. dude wants to play bad

I went all the way back to the beginning of July in the Sermon thread, what page is the clip on?
s**t, it was posted by Phoenix yesterday. Had 4/5 clips in one post. I thought it was sermon thread
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 21, 2022 at 3:57 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

I don't remember Matt Breida getting much run early in games and made the cut

Or Hasty last year for that matter
[ Edited by krizay on Aug 21, 2022 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

I don't remember Matt Breida getting much run early in games and made the cut

I am not saying it is a done deal. I am just explaining that the evidence points in that direction.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 21, 2022 at 4:00 PM ]
Yac, it's the first page of this thread lol
Yac, it's the first page of this thread lol

Yea. I just watched it. Its a solid blitz pickup rep from college. He met the guy in the gap and made a solid block. I would like to see more though. It cannot be a coincidence that our coaching staff isn't putting it on film.
Need to have Mason play against the 1's on Thursday to be sure of what you have. If he pass the test, then it should be a slam dunk he makes it. And I would cut Sermon and Wilson. Wilson because I worry he won't be able to stay healthy and also there are others that can do what he does. His two biggest strengths is how hard he runs and his pass catching. Well we have Hasty that could do what he does in the passing game and we have TDP and Mason that runs as hard as he does,
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Need to have Mason play against the 1's on Thursday to be sure of what you have. If he pass the test, then it should be a slam dunk he makes it. And I would cut Sermon and Wilson. Wilson because I worry he won't be able to stay healthy and also there are others that can do what he does. His two biggest strengths is how hard he runs and his pass catching. Well we have Hasty that could do what he does in the passing game and we have TDP and Mason that runs as hard as he does,

Wilson IS the backup to Mitchell aka RB2.
Sermon is the 3rd option right now unless they trade him or believes DTP and Mason is better. Hasty is a 3rd down back who has not produce much vs starting NFL defense. So who doesn't make the 53? Hasty.
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:

Wilson IS the backup to Mitchell aka RB2.
Sermon is the 3rd option right now unless they trade him or believes DTP and Mason is better. Hasty is a 3rd down back who has not produce much vs starting NFL defense. So who doesn't make the 53? Hasty.

But Mason and Sermon have?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Will be a Seahawk in 2 weeks…

Nah. That's most likely to be Hasty or Sermon.

i think posters just worry a bit to much about our players going to seattle. but thats just me

It's typically 2nd/3rd stringers - big whoop.

There is a way they can keep 5 RB's+Juice. And still keep 6 WR's. But you would have to have only 8 Olinemen and 10 Dlinemen. Personally I would rather keep that extra RB over that #6 WR.
There is a way they can keep 5 RB's+Juice. And still keep 6 WR's. But you would have to have only 8 Olinemen and 10 Dlinemen. Personally I would rather keep that extra RB over that #6 WR.

After the last few seasons I'd be willing to bet Kyle feels the same lol

Seems like they like Malik Turner for ST value, which is also a point of emphasis for them this year.

My guess is Wilson starts on PUP which means they could keep two of Sermon, Mason, and Hasty (who since last year seems a bit entrenched as the 3rd down back, and iirc plays ST too)
Mason will lead this team in rushing yards. I just wrote it down. Here's how it happens. Mason begins #3. Behind Mitchell and Wilson. Mitchell gets hurt. Mason splits with Wilson and takes over RB1. When Mitchell returns Mason and Mitchell in whatever order split reps remainder of season. Mason finishes with 1000 yards. Mitchell has 800
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Mason will lead this team in rushing yards. I just wrote it down. Here's how it happens. Mason begins #3. Behind Mitchell and Wilson. Mitchell gets hurt. Mason splits with Wilson and takes over RB1. When Mitchell returns Mason and Mitchell in whatever order split reps remainder of season. Mason finishes with 1000 yards. Mitchell has 800

Share 49ersWebzone